News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best accurate mosasaur figures

Started by JimoAi, August 13, 2022, 04:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

As mosasaurs are my fave grp of prehistoric animals I'm looking for the best of the group. My current list includes these 4: Safari lTd tylosaurus, Pnso tylosaurus,CollectA mosasaurus and Pnso ectenosaurus. Would've included the pnso mosasaurus if it wasn't going for the outdated 1:10 head to body ratio.

If u ask me, the CollectA is my current best as it represents the more reasonable 12-13m long reconstructions in the 1:40 scale and it scales well with the PnSO kronosaurus with the mosa being longer and the krono being heavier.

Ild like to get remarks from those that are more knowledgable on the topic than I am

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 13, 2022, 12:50:48 PMPNSO Tylo by far

*Good as a generic mosasaurine

It lacks the distinctive trait of Tylosaurus proper.

Halichoeres

There is not a mosasaur I would recommend that you don't already have. Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus in particular have lots of figures, but most of them aren't very good. Vitae showed prototypes for Kaikaifilu and Plioplatecarpus about five years back, but I haven't seen any sign that they plan to release them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.