News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna 2022/23 Hopes and Dreams

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 05, 2022, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I know about the PNSO's Ankylosaurus. But you must agree that Eofauna's design will be far more accurate, well researched and will end up as a phenomenal model version of the creature indeed. PNSO also has it's 2020 Wilson, but I am still waiting for the Eofauna version for the same reason.

Sim

No, I don't agree, because I don't know how Eofauna can make a more accurate Ankylosaurus than PNSO's, let alone a "far" more accurate version.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I am also waiting for a gorgeous and accurate Daspletosaurus horneri model in the near future. Although we know that the T. imperator is coming soon, but still this creature really deserves to be casted in model version, an utterly underpresented theropod as dinosaur model. Now who wants this gorgeous theropod?? Tyrannosaurs are utterly under represented in model form apart from T. rex. with plenty of fossil materials availability for some genera.

Sim

I would love a Daspletosaurus horneri.  However, it's not true tyrannosauroids are underrepresented in model form.  First, David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic tyrannosaur series has a huge amount of accurate and beautiful tyrannosauroid figures.  Next, PNSO has made Qianzhousaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Tarbosaurus, Nanotyrannus, Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus.  And Safari has made good figures of Tyrannosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Yutyrannus, Albertosaurus and Qianzhousaurus.  Favorite has made good figures of Tyrannosaurus, Guanlong, Zhuchengtyrannus, Bistahieversor, Tarbosaurus and Yutyrannus.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on August 30, 2022, 07:28:42 PMDoes anyone know when they will announce the new for 2023 and I hope that Eofauna can already make a stegosaurus, please, please
Eofauna doesn't usually have set announcement dates (unless I've missed a pattern before); they tend to start revealing their figures a few months before release.
Once we start getting teasers, we can be pretty sure the new figure is close; but there's no guarantee when the teasers might start.

Jorgesaurus

Thanks my friend, I need A STEGOSAURUS eofauna

Duna

Shonisaurus

Although I know it's totally impossible, since Eofauna only makes prehistoric elephants, I would like a paraceratherium as it would be nice to have a version of that rare prehistoric mammal in the collectibles on the toy market today (obviously it doesn't include vintage or antique figures) although there are figures of Itoy or Collecta currently.

What I would like would be an amabelodon, anancus or stegomastodon or a mastodon americanum to give an example. Being realistic.

Apart from the tyrannusaurus I would like a daspletosaurus, carcharodontosaurus, albertosaurus when it comes to carnivorous dinosaurs.

A sarmientosaurus would also be interesting (although we only know the head) or a turiasaurus whose remains are reasonably well preserved, including the skull) or a barosaurus (I don't understand how that sauropod is still not represented in the toy market) or a barapasaurus that I make us forget the one from the Schleich brand that is not exactly very lucky, unfortunately.

Regarding ceraptosids, a kosmoceratops or medusaceratops would be quite interesting (my two favorite ceraptosids except David Silva's company Beasts Mesozoic or Kaiyodo to give two examples) are not yet sufficiently well represented in PVC figures.

I think it is better to forget the other species as far as I know (I have been quite disconnected from the DTF for several months, of which I am fortunately an integral member) and I am not informed, I suppose that Eofauna will not focus since its four pillars of the company are ceraptosids, carnivorous dinosaurs , sauropods or prehistoric elephants.

These are my updated wishes for Eofauna 2023.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Duna on August 31, 2022, 09:41:46 AMI'd prefer a Dacentrurus ...  :D
That will also be cool, but it's fragmentary. Perhaps Tuojiangasaurus?

Bread

I always see Stegosaurids as all the same just different sizes followed by variation in plates. Both sizes and shape.

I'd just like to see Concavenator or Deinocheirus. Both odd, yet beautiful looking animals we have yet to have a definitive figure(s) of.

Pliosaurking

If they make a stegosaur I hope it's a wheurhosaurus
A Deinocherius would be nice as well
I'm surprised there's barely any figures of euoplocephalus, this is a perfect opportunity in my opinion to make a well known yet underrepresented species
A Torvosaurus would be fantastic!
I know they haven't made anything outside of their mentioned genera but a pliosaur or some sort of crocodilian would be excellent!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on August 31, 2022, 06:21:38 PMI always see Stegosaurids as all the same just different sizes followed by variation in plates. Both sizes and shape.

I'd just like to see Concavenator or Deinocheirus. Both odd, yet beautiful looking animals we have yet to have a definitive figure(s) of.
One can make the same point regarding Carcharodontosaurids, sauropods, and especially ankylosaurs.
I honestly think they will make a indricotheriy next, they usually make mammals.
For dinosaurs I'd think it'll be a sauropod or Tyrannosaurus
(Not what I'm hoping but predicting, but it will still be cool

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 31, 2022, 09:49:12 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 31, 2022, 06:21:38 PMI always see Stegosaurids as all the same just different sizes followed by variation in plates. Both sizes and shape.

One can make the same point regarding Carcharodontosaurids, sauropods, and especially ankylosaurs.
Yes exactly, but I chose an odd Carcharodontosaurus, Concavenator for its weird spine. I find it more interesting than the typical large Carcharodontosaurs that all look the same, give or take Acrocanthosaurus.

Jorgesaurus

I'm still hoping they make a stegosaurus, it would be really incredible, because PNSO still doesn't meet my expectations, I'm sure that Eofauna would make a beautiful stegosaurus sculpture, one like the new blue rhino stegosaurus sculpture recently assembled in the Prague dinosaur museum

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 31, 2022, 03:34:21 PM
Quote from: Duna on August 31, 2022, 09:41:46 AMI'd prefer a Dacentrurus ...  :D
That will also be cool, but it's fragmentary. Perhaps Tuojiangasaurus?
Miragaia
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

We already have a 2 phenomenal Miragaias.
But at the same time we do have an equally phenomenal Tuojiangosaurus, so you do have a point

Fembrogon

Since we already have a Tyrannosaurus on the way, if Eofauna plans to do another theropod soon after I'd prefer it be a dramatically different creature like Deinocheirus. The Safari and Collecta versions are very good, but I'd be excited to see Eofauna's rendition. Deinocheirus deserves more collectible figures.

I'm less interested in the idea of a Stegosaurus, if only because that's one of the few genera that gets done to death; but I wouldn't complain about another Tuojiangosaurus or Miragaia. PNSO is basically the only rep right now for those two, so I'd say there's room for competition!
On a similar note, I'd still like to see Eofauna tackle Torosaurus, since the only other good options right now are very expensive. I'd also welcome another Centrosaurus on the market. Chasmosaurus, which others have mentioned, or Pentaceratops would be good options too.

For sauropods, I'd agree with those who are advocating for smaller or more obscure genera. I dare say we're overdue for a new Saltasaurus or Nigersaurus. An updated Augustinia would perhaps be funny and attention-grabbing. How about a Europasaurus or Magyarosaurus?

No comment on elephants. I love Eofauna's output, but I simply don't know enough about this group to have much of an opinion.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon There's only about 2-3 (somewhat) Affordable  and widely available accurate figures of stegosaurus tho. I'm not interested in the JP knockoffs

Jorgesaurus

of course there are several good sculptures of stegosaurus, but a stegosaurus would be essential for eofauna, in ceratopsids I prefer an apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, amargasaurus, nigersaurus or saltasaurus, in theropods a spinosaur, deinocheurus, acrocanthosaurus and allosaurus, I would also like to release an edmontosaurus, parasaurolophus or corythosaurus , and in prehistoric elephants, an anancus, stegotetrabelodon or American Mastodon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: