News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Teeth Paint Peeling

Started by Stegotyranno420, September 11, 2022, 02:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

My Pnso Acrocanthosaurus has the paint on its teeth peeling off. The upper left has already withered away while the upper right just begun. Any ideas why?

Halichoeres

That's unfortunate. I have had a similar problem with other figures that I think was caused by the figure being packed and shipped before the paint had dried completely. I'm assuming that in this case you weren't using the figure for rough play, like having it violently eat other toys?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 19, 2022, 12:46:40 AMThat's unfortunate. I have had a similar problem with other figures that I think was caused by the figure being packed and shipped before the paint had dried completely. I'm assuming that in this case you weren't using the figure for rough play, like having it violently eat other toys?
I think early shipment may have caused this. I never violently used it to eat other statuettes or figurines, as the box says 14+, meaning in mu understanding, it is not a toy or action figure. I'm based on California, and the recent heatwave may have something to do with this. But this has been happening to one portion in July, and another in August.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 21, 2022, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 19, 2022, 12:46:40 AMThat's unfortunate. I have had a similar problem with other figures that I think was caused by the figure being packed and shipped before the paint had dried completely. I'm assuming that in this case you weren't using the figure for rough play, like having it violently eat other toys?
I think early shipment may have caused this. I never violently used it to eat other statuettes or figurines, as the box says 14+, meaning in mu understanding, it is not a toy or action figure. I'm based on California, and the recent heatwave may have something to do with this. But this has been happening to one portion in July, and another in August.

That's a bummer. Heat could accelerate it, but yeah, my guess would be incompletely cured paint due to hasty packing. You might be able to get a replacement from the seller, depending on where you bought it from.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  I don't want to go through the whole return process. I'd rather try to fix it myself.  But thanks for the insight

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.