News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Princeton University Press 75% off Book Sale

Started by Gwangi, February 01, 2023, 03:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Princeton University Press is having a 75% off sale. Sale is going Feb 1-14. Not a lot of dinosaur titles but Dinosaur Facts and Figures: The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs and Pterosaurs by Mark Witton are on there. In addition, there are a ton of excellent field guides and biology books, among others.

https://press.princeton.edu/book-lover-sale

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on February 01, 2023, 03:18:09 PMPrinceton University Press is having a 75% off sale. Sale is going Feb 1-14. Not a lot of dinosaur titles but Dinosaur Facts and Figures: The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs and Pterosaurs by Mark Witton are on there. In addition, there are a ton of excellent field guides and biology books, among others.

https://press.princeton.edu/sale/book-lover-sale

This is pretty exciting but...is it just me or is the site borderline unusable? The filters seem way off (filter by "Dinosaurs and Prehistoric" and you don't get the titles you mentioned, even though I saw them on unfiltered list), and going to the next page or adding a filter takes excruciatingly long.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shane on February 01, 2023, 03:24:28 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 01, 2023, 03:18:09 PMPrinceton University Press is having a 75% off sale. Sale is going Feb 1-14. Not a lot of dinosaur titles but Dinosaur Facts and Figures: The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs and Pterosaurs by Mark Witton are on there. In addition, there are a ton of excellent field guides and biology books, among others.

https://press.princeton.edu/sale/book-lover-sale

This is pretty exciting but...is it just me or is the site borderline unusable? The filters seem way off (filter by "Dinosaurs and Prehistoric" and you don't get the titles you mentioned, even though I saw them on unfiltered list), and going to the next page or adding a filter takes excruciatingly long.

Yup, that was my experience too. Thanks for pointing that out for others. Yeah, the sauropod and pterosaur books can be found under biology but not paleontology. And the site is slow and clunky. Still worth dealing with to get these books for less than $10 each.

Dusty Wren

S @Shane, it's not just you. I'm getting ridiculously long loading times on the site, and sometimes pages aren't loading at all. Even a basic search isn't working for me.

If you can get it working, though, Unnatural Selection by Katrina van Grouw is a fantastic book and would be a steal at 75% off. It's about domestic animals, so not dinosaur-related, but van Grouw's illustrations are breathtaking. 

Check out my customs thread!

Shane

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 01, 2023, 03:31:45 PMS @Shane, it's not just you. I'm getting ridiculously long loading times on the site, and sometimes pages aren't loading at all. Even a basic search isn't working for me.

If you can get it working, though, Unnatural Selection by Katrina van Grouw is a fantastic book and would be a steal at 75% off. It's about domestic animals, so not dinosaur-related, but van Grouw's illustrations are breathtaking. 

Good to know it's not just me! I ended up ordering some Birds of Prey field guides. They were $6 each! Great price if you can deal with the site issues.

CityRaptor

Quote75% off with code FEB75. Offer applies to orders shipping within the US, Canada, Latin America, Asia, and Australia.

Geez, way to leave out half the continents.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2023, 03:56:19 PM
Quote75% off with code FEB75. Offer applies to orders shipping within the US, Canada, Latin America, Asia, and Australia.

Don't give up! It says "We are currently experiencing a problem with the sale code for books shipping to these regions (United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, Pakistan). We are working on resolving this issue. Please check back tomorrow."

Fembrogon

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 01, 2023, 03:31:45 PMS @Shane, it's not just you. I'm getting ridiculously long loading times on the site, and sometimes pages aren't loading at all. Even a basic search isn't working for me.

Sadly, it doesn't look like this book is included in the sale. Only titles specifically listed in the sale are eligible for the discount.
There are plenty of other interesting options, however. I'm having a hard time whittling them down myself!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gwangi on February 01, 2023, 04:04:23 PM

Don't give up! It says "We are currently experiencing a problem with the sale code for books shipping to these regions (United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, Pakistan). We are working on resolving this issue. Please check back tomorrow."

Hmm, apparently there is a whole different section for those:
https://press.princeton.edu/sale/book-lover-sale-2023?field_general_interest_value=All&field_on_sale_value=All&sort_by=field_book_published_date_value
And there are no Palaeontology books in there. So yeah, still: GEEZ!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2023, 04:37:09 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 01, 2023, 04:04:23 PM

Hmm, apparently there is a whole different section for those:
https://press.princeton.edu/sale/book-lover-sale-2023?field_general_interest_value=All&field_on_sale_value=All&sort_by=field_book_published_date_value
And there are no Palaeontology books in there. So yeah, still: GEEZ!

So, what you're saying is, you're NOT interested in Sea Squirts and Sea Sponges of Britain and Ireland?

At least you can get a deal on The Bees in Your Backyard, a book about NORTH AMERICAN bees that is not for sale in North America.  ::)

Gwangi

Placed my order! I grabbed...

Dinosaur Facts and Figures: The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs
Waterfowl of North America, Europe, and Asia: An Identification Guide
Birds of Prey of the East: A Field Guide
Trees of Eastern North America

All for $47, including shipping. It's going to be an exciting day when they arrive. And hey, 3 books about dinosaurs, how about that?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Thank you so much for the tip! I'm super excited for each of my books. Check out that discount!   ;D
The website is a little annoying, but it didn't give me anywhere near as much trouble as it sounds like it did for some of you.

Gwangi

You're welcome, that's quite the haul! I have that chicken book. Considered getting the books about the other livestock breeds but they didn't make the cut. I could have also easily bought every field guide they had to offer but you have to draw the line somewhere, even when the deals are great.

HD-man

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 01, 2023, 03:31:45 PMIf you can get it working, though, Unnatural Selection by Katrina van Grouw is a fantastic book and would be a steal at 75% off. It's about domestic animals, so not dinosaur-related, but van Grouw's illustrations are breathtaking.

You say "not dinosaur-related," yet there are dinos on the cover & even more inside :P  ;)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Dusty Wren

Fair enough! There are indeed dinosaurs in it. Shame it ended up not being part of the sale, though. It really is a gorgeous book.
Check out my customs thread!

Gwangi

I got my books today, much faster than I anticipated.  ^-^

Fembrogon

That's great! I'm still waiting on shipment confirmation. I ordered that same Birds of Prey Book, plus the "West" companion and a few others!

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 06, 2023, 06:37:27 PMThat's great! I'm still waiting on shipment confirmation. I ordered that same Birds of Prey Book, plus the "West" companion and a few others!

I wanted to get the West book too but living very much in the east I had to prioritize. They have a lot of sales, I'll get it eventually.  Hope you get yours soon!

Fembrogon

A surprise was waiting for me in the mail today!

These should keep me busy for a while. I'll have to keep watch for the next time Princeton does a sale, because there were easily twice as many books I still wanted to buy

Gwangi

A beautiful selection! They have sales all the time, I would sign up for email notifications.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: