You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Oh, she looks gorgeous. She will display super cool screaming to my Kiss. Nice and bulky like him, same head shape. Can't wait to put them together. I would have liked with the mouth closed, but I have Kiss for that.

Renecito

Quote from: Duna on March 01, 2023, 03:03:02 PMOh, she looks gorgeous. She will display super cool screaming to my Kiss. Nice and bulky like him, same head shape. Can't wait to put them together. I would have liked with the mouth closed, but I have Kiss for that.

The jaw will be articulated.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Sim

Yes like Renecito said, Eofauna has said this Tyrannosaurus will have an articulated jaw.

I think I won't get Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus, I dislike how its mouth looks and I don't want feathers on my Tyrannosaurus.  All my tyrannosaurids are featherless and it would be weird if the largest one (Tyrannosaurus) has feathers.  Plus I prefer how tyrannosaurids look when they don't have feathers.

Kapitaenosavrvs

The more i look at it, the more i like it. Sadly, i forgot that it will get a articulated jaw. A Bummer. But we'll see, I am absolutely fine wth the Jaw from their Giga. I mean the general mechanism and how it was transportet to the finished figure.

Really reminds me of this Tyrannosaurus by Lindsey Wakefield.

SpartanSquat

Ngl Im not a big fan of the t-rex. I really like eofauna models they did like the elephants, the sauropods (specially atlasaurus) and the triceratops. This t-rex looks too mammalian for my taste and simple. Im a big fan of tyrannosaurs with keratinous ridges in the snout and eyebrows. Maybe my perception will change with the time.

P.D.: The filaments in tyrannosaurus I dont mind. David Krentz did regina mundi tyrannosaurus with filaments like an elephant hairs. But how they can do that detail?

CARN0TAURUS

Oh my goodness!  This is shaping up to be another great year for a theropod lover like me!  I too was hoping that they'd eliminate the articulated jaw but their data probably told them sales would suffer.  I love the simple stand/base too.  Can't wait to see the prototype, been waiting for an update on this for 5-6 months now.  I hope the mouth closes properly on this one. Even my BotM version has issues with it's mouth closing all the way on one side.  She's big, curvy, and gorgeous!  I hope the paint is more like there Altasaurus and Diplodocus and less like their Giganotosaurus or Triceratops figures.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 01, 2023, 04:01:41 PMThe more i look at it, the more i like it. Sadly, i forgot that it will get a articulated jaw. A Bummer. But we'll see, I am absolutely fine wth the Jaw from their Giga. I mean the general mechanism and how it was transportet to the finished figure.

Really reminds me of this Tyrannosaurus by Lindsey Wakefield.

Wonderful image! 

CARN0TAURUS

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 02, 2023, 08:06:32 PM
Quote from: Renecito on March 01, 2023, 08:30:13 AMMoving forward on Sue's figure!

Can't top looking at this :)
You're not alone. I hope that the wait won't have to be endured over the summer into the fall.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

I'm trying to debate if I absolutely love this or want nothing to do with it
An oversized house cat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2023, 08:45:13 PM
Quote from: Renecito on March 01, 2023, 08:30:13 AMMoving forward on Sue's figure!

You're not alone. I hope that the wait won't have to be endured over the summer into the fall.

I would love to have this painted like the "female" from the prehistoric planet series.  If I recall correctly her colors were a bit lighter than Hank's and the patterns where a little different too.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 02, 2023, 09:27:21 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2023, 08:45:13 PM

I would love to have this painted like the "female" from the prehistoric planet series.  If I recall correctly her colors were a bit lighter than Hank's and the patterns where a little different too.
I hope it's Red or Gray
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SRF

More so than having any wishes regarding its colors, I'm hoping the paint job will be executed better than on some of their previous figures. Eofaunas Triceratops figures for instance both have more interesting color schemes than PNSO's Doyle, but the latter is a much better executed figure in that regard.

For this one to be the new definitive mass produced Tyrannosaurus figure, the paint job needs to be as good as on Wilson, Kiss and Tusk.

Also, I'm still not really convinced Tyrannosaurus had so little keratin on its face as this model has. Supposedly one of the features which set T. Imperator apart from T. Rex was a lack of keratin on the head. If we consider Sue just to be T. Rex,  I feel it should have more pronounced bosses on top of the eyes, the way the T. Rex in Prehistoric Planet has them.
But today, I'm just being father

Samrukia

or maybe Eofauna will release 2 colour schemes

suspsy

I think two colour schemes for the T. rex is only right given that the Triceratops got two.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: erlectric on March 03, 2023, 11:53:40 PMor maybe Eofauna will release 2 colour schemes

YES!  Please Eofauna, give me an excuse to buy more than one, LOL ;D

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on March 03, 2023, 08:33:33 PMMore so than having any wishes regarding its colors, I'm hoping the paint job will be executed better than on some of their previous figures. Eofaunas Triceratops figures for instance both have more interesting color schemes than PNSO's Doyle, but the latter is a much better executed figure in that regard.

For this one to be the new definitive mass produced Tyrannosaurus figure, the paint job needs to be as good as on Wilson, Kiss and Tusk.

Also, I'm still not really convinced Tyrannosaurus had so little keratin on its face as this model has. Supposedly one of the features which set T. Imperator apart from T. Rex was a lack of keratin on the head. If we consider Sue just to be T. Rex,  I feel it should have more pronounced bosses on top of the eyes, the way the T. Rex in Prehistoric Planet has them.

I agree, the people (factory) that partner with Eofauna are masters of prehistoric pachyderm coloration, but their dinosaur work hasn't been as good.  To me the best one is the Altasaurus with the Diplodocus comes in a distant second.  I'm not a fan of the paintwork on the  Giga or the Triceratops figures.  Hopefully this one will have the same quality that they gave the Altasaurus :)

JohannesB

I would have liked more bulk in the tail, like I did here, but maybe Eofauna is correct there..

edu

Mmm... i want to like it (i love Eofauna) but there's something in it that looks strange to me. It's probanle the cheeks, I am not used to this approach. The paintjob can change everything...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: