News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, July 30, 2022, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Yeah, I ain't shelling out $70 for that. I'll keep holding out for CollectA or Safari to make one instead.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 14, 2023, 05:37:32 AMComing in July: Dakotaraptor
https://www.techmania.ch/de/product/schleich-track-vehicle-30278038
Easily their best Raptor yet...which isn't saying much. And of course it is packed with stupid vehicle and even worse Colby.

Oh man, this looks great! I don't have an interest in the vehicle and the human, but I'm sure I can find the Dakotaraptor alone on eBay eventually!
An oversized house cat.

DinoFan2010

Yeah, I don't need this. May as well spend 40 bucks on the two safari Utahraptors and repaint the other with a vulture color scheme and pretend it's a Dakotaraptor.
Also, that thing looks tiny.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 14, 2023, 05:37:32 AMComing in July: Dakotaraptor
https://www.techmania.ch/de/product/schleich-track-vehicle-30278038
Easily their best Raptor yet...which isn't saying much. And of course it is packed with stupid vehicle and even worse Colby.
It's mid
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy or avatar_suspsy @suspsy could one of you update the first or second post of this thread with the Dakotaraptor, please?  It's weird that the new product images are in the second post rather than the first, but do whatever seems best.

GojiraGuy1954

This really is a DTF member moment
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2023, 07:41:56 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy or avatar_suspsy @suspsy could one of you update the first or second post of this thread with the Dakotaraptor, please?  It's weird that the new product images are in the second post rather than the first, but do whatever seems best.

Fixed the first post. ^-^

Sim

Thanks avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! :)  That Dakotaraptor looks so poor.

Renecito

Quetzaloatlus

Source: Paleofiguras.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Lynx

I love Schleich but... eh. It's not abysmal but the wings ruin it
An oversized house cat.

Nyrorosaurus

Oh, interesting. Wings appear to be articulated at the base of the pinky and at the shoulder. Don't think I've seen toy pterosaur wings articulated like this apart from the old Kenner toys. And even those had the extra rod supporting the membrane

Nanuqsaurus

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 25, 2023, 02:03:13 PMAnd in true Schleich fashion, they stole the colours!

Your link seems to be broken but I assume it showed this life-sized model?
Looks a bit more like a cheaper toy than your usual Schleich stuff (and I think proportions are off) which is a same cause the articulation could be interesting, looks a bit like it could go for a quadrupedal pose and a flying one? If yes that is something I've been wanting from Mattel for some time but I think I'd have preferred if Schleich just stuck with jaw articulation here.

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 25, 2023, 05:56:35 PMlooks a bit like it could go for a quadrupedal pose and a flying one?
Paleofiguras confirmed this on their Facebook

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 25, 2023, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 25, 2023, 02:03:13 PMAnd in true Schleich fashion, they stole the colours!

Your link seems to be broken but I assume it showed this life-sized model?
Looks a bit more like a cheaper toy than your usual Schleich stuff (and I think proportions are off) which is a same cause the articulation could be interesting, looks a bit like it could go for a quadrupedal pose and a flying one? If yes that is something I've been wanting from Mattel for some time but I think I'd have preferred if Schleich just stuck with jaw articulation here.

Oh I'm not sure why the link won't work, but yes that's the one I meant.

DinoFan2010

New Issue of the Schleich Magazine releasing, and the toy is of a Baryonyx.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

CityRaptor

Review of the magazine in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgivTajNg98
And yes a pic of the Papo Baryonyx is used on one page.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nyrorosaurus

New images of the articulated Quetz in a standing pose from Paleofiguras

Spoiler

[close]

Halichoeres

A valiant effort, but...nah.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

https://faoschwarz.com/products/fao-schwarz-t-rex

Well, that's something different. I like it a lot, as an art/statement piece. Shame same can't be said about the figure it's on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: