News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SidB's Collection Thread

Started by SidB, March 17, 2023, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

A new addition to the ceratopsian side-shelf, the Haolonggood Nasutoceratops - not too shabby at all!

Leyster

The ceratopsian display is really nice! It helps they're more or less all the same scale
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on March 26, 2023, 09:37:15 AMThe ceratopsian display is really nice! It helps they're more or less all the same scale
It's my favorite display, L @Leyster , at least most of the time. New ones would be welcome - perhaps Haolonggood will oblige.

ceratopsian

That would indeed be most welcome from Haolonggood- we can but hope!

Quote from: SidB on March 26, 2023, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: Leyster on March 26, 2023, 09:37:15 AMThe ceratopsian display is really nice! It helps they're more or less all the same scale
It's my favorite display, L @Leyster , at least most of the time. New ones would be welcome - perhaps Haolonggood will oblige.

SidB

Descending now to the fifth shelf diorama, we come to a harvest of Hadrosaurs:

From left to right: unbranded Quetzalcoatlus, perched; PNSO Olorotitan, nestled in behind a big rock; 2x Wild Past Tethyshadros; PNSO Corythosaurus; Favorite Saurolophus (foreground); PNSO Shantungosaurus (background); PNSO Tsintaosaurus and mini; PNSO Parasaurolophus; CollectA Edmontosaurus; PNSO Lambeosaurus; Vitae Wuerhosaurus (on rock)

On the side-shelf, PNSO older Giganotosaurus; newer PNSO Giga (in the late evening gloom)

SidB

You'll have to excuse Giga 2's slovenly appearance on the side-shelf. I'd just woken him up. He's actually quite a dapper fellow:

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on March 27, 2023, 01:10:04 AMYou'll have to excuse Giga 2"s slovenly appearance on the side-shelf. I'd just woken him up. He's actually quite a dapper fellow:

I read that as "Slovenian appearance " :))  :))
Now I am imagining a Slavic Giganotosaurus
Congrats on this Giant!

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 27, 2023, 04:30:06 AM
Quote from: SidB on March 27, 2023, 01:10:04 AMYou'll have to excuse Giga 2"s slovenly appearance on the side-shelf. I'd just woken him up. He's actually quite a dapper fellow:

I read that as "Slovenian appearance " :))  :))
Now I am imagining a Slavic Giganotosaurus
Congrats on this Giant!
Thanks, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 . Yah, it's sometimes hilarious how our minds initially perceive certain words that we're not  expecting.

SidB

Finally, at the very bottom of my main display bookshelf, here the assorted denizens. Many sink down, few rise up.

Left to right - CollectA Ampelosaurus; Vitae Tiantaiosaurus; Papo Ceratosaurus; Schleich Saltasaurus snugged under the clock;  Favorite Iguanodon; PNSO Iguanodon; Geowold Plaeosaurus (back); Papo feathered Velociraptor standing in for a Utahraptor, perched on the rock.

The side-shelf -

Left to right: A pair of PNSO Giganotosaurs, old and new, overlooking a CollectA Jobaria; Papo Brachiosaurus; PNSO Ankylosaurus and mini; Papo Euplocephalus/ Scolosaurus

Halichoeres

Some very lushly 'planted' shelves! Thanks for the tour.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

"Many sink down..." reminds me of C.S. Lewis!

I do hope the Jobaria is not troubled by her "upstairs" neighbours.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 02, 2023, 03:26:40 PM"Many sink down..." reminds me of C.S. Lewis!

I do hope the Jobaria is not troubled by her "upstairs" neighbours.
Yes! "many sink down..." to Bism (The Siver Chair) ... very good, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian. Well, sadly enough, being a condominium, Ms. Jobaria et al. didn't get to pick their neighbors. Perhaps a restraining order might be possible?

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 02, 2023, 01:54:12 PMSome very lushly 'planted' shelves! Thanks for the tour.
You're quite welcome. More to come, soon.

ceratopsian

I knew the Narnian series intimately as a pre and early teen. It's deeply entrenched in memory despite the passage of years. I still have my slipcased and well thumbed set on my bookshelves, one of the few survivors from my childhood.  And yes, I'm sure a restraining order would work if required!

SidB

We're leaving the bookshelf dioramas on the north side of the room and are now heading south to the opposite side of the east-facing window. Before we get there, you'll see the large western red cedar planter box atop my vintage Dynaco A-35 speakers, immediately under the window, the box serving as the host for my small cactus and succulent collection from the late fall to mid -spring, and as the backdrop to two Ikea shelves that adorn its west side. The planter essentially acts as a visual focal point upon entering the room and a bridge joining two collection areas.

Early morning light

Early evening aspect with the westering sun reflected from an apartment in the distance.

Left to right: upper shelf - Vitae Jinyunpelta; lower shelf - Papo Chilesaurus, PNSO Yutyrannus, PNSO Therizinosaurus

Top shelf - Vitae Jinyunpelta; lower shelf - PNSO Deinocheirus

Lower shelf - PNSO Bieber 2, Rook and Beiber 1, with the PNSO Charcharodontosaurus making an appearance on the right.

Overhead view of a pair of CollectA Plateosaurus', one modified by hairdryer to reverse the direction of both neck and tail

The pair of Carcharodntosaurs, striding towards the PNSO Stegosaurus trio. The PNSO on the left, the GR/Haolonggood gem on the right. Not shown on the upper shelf, but visible (with some effort) in the main box' picture frame, is a Favorite Tambatitanis, acquired years ago from Dean at Dejankins, and now finally getting a home, seen in this image:

Finally, a bird's-eye view of the scene below:

Halichoeres

The dinosaurs are nice, but the array of succulents, wow!

PS: as I know you're fond of milestones, congrats on 1,000 views on this thread!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 06, 2023, 08:38:59 PMThe dinosaurs are nice, but the array of succulents, wow!

PS: as I know you're fond of milestones, congrats on 1,000 views on this thread!
Actually, I hadn't noticed, so thanks for letting me know!

Crackington

Wonderful display S @SidB - the way the plants and models are combined is excellent. Very visually arresting.

SidB

Quote from: Crackington on April 07, 2023, 12:30:09 AMWonderful display S @SidB - the way the plants and models are combined is excellent. Very visually arresting.
Thank you, avatar_Crackington @Crackington , I have to admit that it's taken quite a while to develop to this point and the process is still an ongoing one.

Avian

I really admire your mix of live plants, diorama-esque settings, and the Greek-style architecture, it works quite well together with the models. You said before that the moon lights up? I'm curious what that looks like, if you don't mind sharing a photo.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: