You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Minifactory MuseumMiniatures (3D print)

Started by Remko, May 09, 2023, 07:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remko

Don't know if this already has been posted, I couldn't find anything through a search on the boards.

It's a large collection of prehistoric animals that you can purchase and 3D print yourself.

A lot of various Cambrian-explosion life forms, but also dinosaurs, and prehistoric mammals, fish and reptiles, mostly of them in various poses.

Some of the dinosaurs look a bit weird/off in my opinion, but the mammals are amazing. The Chalicotherium especially.

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/MuseumMiniatures

Duna

They are very good! The therizinosaurs and the dreadnoughtus fighting like in Prehistoric Planet are amazing!

ceratopsian

Bread

They look great! It is just the hassle to find a reliable person to print them for you, plus the hope that they don't cost you an arm or leg to print them, too.

ceratopsian

Yes, I used for a brief time to have someone who printed commercially on the continent, but he's stopped that now.  So I've no idea...

Quote from: Bread on May 10, 2023, 12:00:04 AMThey look great! It is just the hassle to find a reliable person to print them for you, plus the hope that they don't cost you an arm or leg to print them, too.

Halichoeres

Some of those look pretty nice! If I didn't have the Hibou Coop Aquilolamna already I'd definitely buy one of these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Those look great. Definitely some species I'd like to get.

Once I get around to getting a printer...!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on May 11, 2023, 01:49:51 PMOnce I get around to getting a printer...!

Ooh, you're getting your own? At that point there'll be no stopping you when it comes to miniature fish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 12, 2023, 12:22:36 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 11, 2023, 01:49:51 PMOnce I get around to getting a printer...!

Ooh, you're getting your own? At that point there'll be no stopping you when it comes to miniature fish.

That's the goal. Just need to figure out what to get and dive in.
Between what's out there and some Kickstarters, there's just so much more than traditional figures now! I honestly don't buy much anymore.

Plus, if I print my own I might be less reluctant to paint them since I could print another!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on May 12, 2023, 01:25:48 PM

Between what's out there and some Kickstarters, there's just so much more than traditional figures now! I honestly don't buy much anymore.

Plus, if I print my own I might be less reluctant to paint them since I could print another!

Knowing that you could print a replacement would take a lot of the pressure off!

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 12, 2023, 09:52:48 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 12, 2023, 01:25:48 PM

Knowing that you could print a replacement would take a lot of the pressure off!

Right? I have so many that cost too much for me to risk...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.