You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Assuming the metal peg is just glued into the base, it should be a simple "apply heat then pull the peg out with pliers" type of scenario.

As avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian said, why remove the peg if Eofauna are inferring this model will have stability issues? Unless you plan to use a clear rod and have this base used for multiple models.

SRF

We're not even sure yet on how the model will be attached to the base. Maybe first we'll have to wait and see? 
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

are there any updates or smth on when the tyrannosaur is planned for a release this year?

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jorgesaurus

news of eofauna tyrannosaurus? I can't wait to see the model.

Over9K

2nd, May, A.D. 2023 -

My dearest Gwendoline,

The war goes poorly. The General still says we will be home for Cheristmas, though he neglects to mention which year our victory will come. The supply chain has become perilous, and as a result we are resorting to boiling our boots, so we may suck upon the leather. Then, there is the trench foot, and the dysentary. Still... we fight on. Until today.

Today we have been told there is no update from EoFauna on their upcoming Tyrannosaurus rex figure. I know that we were shown prototype images just a scant few days ago, and we cannot hope to see anymore news forthcoming for some months, but still... this interminable wait is hell.

Tell my mother it has lips.

Love, Lawrence.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on May 02, 2023, 06:38:44 PM2nd, May, A.D. 2023 -

My dearest Gwendoline,

The war goes poorly. The General still says we will be home for Cheristmas, though he neglects to mention which year our victory will come. The supply chain has become perilous, and as a result we are resorting to boiling our boots, so we may suck upon the leather. Then, there is the trench foot, and the dysentary. Still... we fight on. Until today.

Today we have been told there is no update from EoFauna on their upcoming Tyrannosaurus rex figure. I know that we were shown prototype images just a scant few days ago, and we cannot hope to see anymore news forthcoming for some months, but still... this interminable wait is hell.

Tell my mother it has lips.

Love, Lawrence.

"Tell mother it has lips"  LMAO reading this, very very funny  :D

SidB

As much as I'm getting increasingly eager to see what Eofauna comes up with, rex-wise, I think that I'm every bit as curious as to what they plan to introduce in the way of their annual proboscidian. IMO, whatever they reveal will be welcome.

SpartanSquat

One I hope to see is Platybelodon. I love that freak. Im curious if they will add the new longer trunk.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SpartanSquat on May 30, 2023, 02:59:01 PMOne I hope to see is Platybelodon. I love that freak. Im curious if they will add the new longer trunk.

Does Safari LTD make one of those?  They do such a good job with Proboscidians that anything they release will end up in my collection.

The two that I'm really looking forward to seeing from Eofauna are the Wholly Mammoth and the Smilodon, I know I know, there are a bunch already out there but none of them are Eofauna figures.   Kind of like what they are finally doing with the T-rex, it would be nice to have these key figures done by them too...

Remko

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2023, 01:20:31 PMAs much as I'm getting increasingly eager to see what Eofauna comes up with, rex-wise, I think that I'm every bit as curious as to what they plan to introduce in the way of their annual proboscidian. IMO, whatever they reveal will be welcome.

I'm still hoping for an Anancus avernensis, or not a proboscidian and that they will release a proper 1:35th Paraceratherium.

suspsy

Platybelodon absolutely warrants a new toy. Right now, there are no recent or good toys of it.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Remko on May 30, 2023, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2023, 01:20:31 PMAs much as I'm getting increasingly eager to see what Eofauna comes up with, rex-wise, I think that I'm every bit as curious as to what they plan to introduce in the way of their annual proboscidian. IMO, whatever they reveal will be welcome.

I'm still hoping for an Anancus avernensis, or not a proboscidian and that they will release a proper 1:35th Paraceratherium.

Is the Itoy one not 1/35th scale?  It was advertised as a 1/35, just wondering is it too big or too small?

Renecito

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 30, 2023, 04:31:11 PM

Is the Itoy one not 1/35th scale?  It was advertised as a 1/35, just wondering is it too big or too small?

Itoys's Paraceratherium is 1/20.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Renecito on May 30, 2023, 04:49:33 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 30, 2023, 04:31:11 PM

Itoys's Paraceratherium is 1/20.

Wow, that explains the prices...it must be huge.

Remko

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 30, 2023, 05:27:27 PMWow, that explains the prices...it must be huge.

Yes. It is... Here is mine compared to Eofauna's Palaeoloxodon antiquus.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Remko on May 30, 2023, 05:32:39 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 30, 2023, 05:27:27 PMWow, that explains the prices...it must be huge.

Yes. It is... Here is mine compared to Eofauna's Palaeoloxodon antiquus.

Those two should be comparable in size, correct?  with the paraceratherium having more height and length but the palaeoloxodon having greater girth and mass, correct?

I would prefer a 1/35 one due to display space issues myself but yours looks very cool, it has that classic reconstruction not like the CollectA...

Remko

Correct.

The Paraceratherium isn't 1:20th though. More like 1:25th to 1:27th scale.

Paraceratherium had a shoulder height of about 550 cm. The elephant about 400 to 420 cm. Compare these to the model sizes.

Paraceratherium: 20 cm = 700 cm for a 1:35th figure (they were large, but not THAT large) or 500 cm for a 1:25th figure or 540 cm for a 1:27th figure.
In 1:35th it would had to be about 15 cm at the shoulders.

Palaeoloxodon: 11,5 cm = 402,5 cm for a 1:35th figure

It's a beautiful figure, but I'm still hoping on a proper 1:35th.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Remko on May 30, 2023, 05:51:12 PMCorrect.

The Paraceratherium isn't 1:20th though. More like 1:25th to 1:27th scale.

Paraceratherium had a shoulder height of about 550 cm. The elephant about 400 to 420 cm. Compare these to the model sizes.

Paraceratherium: 20 cm = 700 cm for a 1:35th figure (they were large, but not THAT large) or 500 cm for a 1:25th figure or 540 cm for a 1:27th figure.
In 1:35th it would had to be about 15 cm at the shoulders.

Palaeoloxodon: 11,5 cm = 402,5 cm for a 1:35th figure

It's a beautiful figure, but I'm still hoping on a proper 1:35th.

It would love to display a 1/35th paraceratherium next to my altasaurus on the shelf!

Leyster

R @Remko Paraceratherium's shoulder height is not 550 cm. AMNH 26168/75, which is considered to be the biggest Paraceratherium specimen (other supposed specimens have been casted in doubt by the vary same people which purposed them), has a shoulder height of 470 cm (Larramendi, 2014).
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: