You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on June 01, 2023, 06:30:03 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 01, 2023, 06:00:14 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 01, 2023, 04:58:08 PMI wonder if they're altering the figure due to criticism

If I was gambling man, I would bet that the engineering around the movable jaw with lips is the most likely culprit for the delays :(

I wish that they'd taken Safari's approach and done a simple fixed jaw, either open or closed.

I feel the same way, I find theropods modeled with their mouths shut pleasing.  I don't know why, perhaps because they are so rare?  The way these molds are made nowadays they could have released one with it's mouth open and one with it's mouth closed with different color schemes and they would have gotten my wallet open twice.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on June 01, 2023, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 01, 2023, 05:57:43 PMNo need to imagine battle scars that may or may not have actually killed the animal.  With Sue you don't have to wonder if she survived.  We have concrete evidence of some pretty gruesome health issues that the animal overcame to lead a life on the longer end of the T-rex range.  It blows my mind that toy companies haven't jumped on board.  These animals were incredibly resilient and lead ridiculously dangerous lives.  Sue's scars prove that to perfection.

What's wrong with the pose?  We already have tons theropods with their heads in the ground. I like upright heads on theropods.

Battle scars, healing wounds, parasite infestations are all things that it would be very nice to see included in these figures, but not really feasible, financially.

Such things would require a level of paint application skill and process beyond the current price point. You think Museum line figures are spicy? Wait until there's 2X the time and skill involved in painting them to look halfway decent.

Right, but that's an extreme I wasn't really referring to.  I don't need realistic coloration of bruises, depictions of fresh or dry blood, healing wounds, and infections etc.  Just cutting a couple of small extra details into the mold would be sufficient.  I realize that there are a lot of people that would be turned off by too much realism and it might affect their desire to purchase the toy.  But to us collectors if the manufacturers made a few subtle references on the molds to those injuries, I don't see any harm in that.  Then if folks want to further detail the markings/scars on their own it would be okay too.  Mattel has had success selling toys with battle scars and things of that sort and I have not seen the inclusion of those detail make the prices skyrocket yet.  Maybe later if those items prove to be more rare and harder to find for collectors perhaps that might be a factor, IDK.

Sim

I prefer figures to not have injuries/wounds/scars.

Jose S.M.

I don't mind scars or things like that if they are not overdone. Safari's Tyrannosaurus has some marks but they are not too distracting. I think their Triceratops has scars but I noticed until Doug showed the original unpainted sculpt.

Gwangi

Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 02, 2023, 04:31:19 PMI don't mind scars or things like that if they are not overdone. Safari's Tyrannosaurus has some marks but they are not too distracting. I think their Triceratops has scars but I noticed until Doug showed the original unpainted sculpt.

The Safari Pachycephalosaurus has a lesion on its head.

Sim

I only knew of one scar on the Safari 2018 Triceratops, it's the line underneath its right eye.  The Safari 2012 Ceratosaurus might have a healed injury too, there's a lump on one side of its torso that looks like it could be a scar.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on June 02, 2023, 08:44:20 PMI only knew of one scar on the Safari 2018 Triceratops, it's the line underneath its right eye.  The Safari 2012 Ceratosaurus might have a healed injury too, there's a lump on one side of its torso that looks like it could be a scar.
I checkdd my Triceratops, and to my horror there is a scar. I cannot unsee it haha

Sim

The scar on the Safari 2018 Triceratops made me not get it and get the newest PNSO Triceratops instead.  I prefer to have figures without physical damage to the individual.  It's fine though since I like the PNSO Triceratops and I'm happy not to have anything from Safari's 2018 lineup as I disliked it.

TheImmortalEye

PNSO.

Haolonggood.

Eofauna.

Rebor.

Long ago, the four nations lived
together in harmony. Then everything
changed when PNSO attacked.

Only Eofauna, master of lips
, could stop them. But when the
world needed them most, they vanished.

A hundred years passed and my
brother and I discovered the news of the upcomming t-rex

An new rex based on sue by eofauns, and
although their scultping skills were great
they still had a lot to learn before theire ready to save anyone.

But I believe Eofauna can save the world.

Basilosaurus

I need this rex!! hopefully its similarly priced to all their other models :)

I predict an October release

Concavenator

Quote from: Basilosaurus on June 19, 2023, 07:04:47 AMI predict an October release

Release or reveal? I doubt it will actually be released in October if we haven't even seen the figure by now.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on June 19, 2023, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: Basilosaurus on June 19, 2023, 07:04:47 AMI predict an October release

Release or reveal? I doubt it will actually be released in October if we haven't even seen the figure by now.
Unfortunately, that seems to be the direction in which we are heading. I've been hoping for the rex this calendar year, but that is becoming increasingly doubtful. I'd wished to put it on my Tyrannosaurus shelf, but since that appears less and less likely, I bit the bullet and ordered PNSO's Cameron.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: SpartanSquat on May 30, 2023, 02:59:01 PMOne I hope to see is Platybelodon. I love that freak. Im curious if they will add the new longer trunk.

I would consider that unlikely since the genus Konobelodon is most closely related to Platybelodon, and I doubt they would do such a closely related creature.

mgaguilar

WHERE ARE YOU EOFAUNA. I need to see if I prefer this over Cameron! Amazing that two rexes based of Sue are coming this year.

SRF

Quote from: mgaguilar on June 22, 2023, 09:52:50 AMWHERE ARE YOU EOFAUNA. I need to see if I prefer this over Cameron! Amazing that two rexes based of Sue are coming this year.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that Eofauna's Sue is coming this year.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: SRF on June 22, 2023, 11:55:15 AM
Quote from: mgaguilar on June 22, 2023, 09:52:50 AMWHERE ARE YOU EOFAUNA. I need to see if I prefer this over Cameron! Amazing that two rexes based of Sue are coming this year.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that Eofauna's Sue is coming this year.
Considering the amount of criticism above and beyond any and all other taxa, they do well to be deliberate in their design and fabrication processes.

Faelrin

I do think it is weird to tease us such a while back with no updates since. It's like how Rebor has done things in the past. By the time it releases I imagine some folks are going to have moved on and/or forgotten about it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Samrukia

Quote from: Faelrin on June 22, 2023, 04:54:36 PMI do think it is weird to tease us such a while back with no updates since. It's like how Rebor has done things in the past. By the time it releases I imagine some folks are going to have moved on and/or forgotten about it.

they are not a figure/toy producer company in the first place, aren't they? but i am impatient too :D

Over9K

7 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and some seconds later...

Bread

Although I am eager to see this model too, but why is this thread being constantly posted upon without any further reveals/sneak peaks/etc.?

There are plenty of us here who will post anything Eofauna says regarding the model(s). Till then, can this thread be refrain from posting?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: