News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Marco Makes - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, March 20, 2023, 02:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatmycar

I think I'd get the '93 Para if I had to, it looks great in that pose. I can't say I'm excited for the other figures in a completely neutral pose. It just feels... off.

I'm not sure the right way to describe it because the craftsmanship is there in the paint work, but a completely neutral pose is lifeless and dead to me. I mean, I guess it has use as a reference piece for an artist, but that's it.

Flaffy

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2023, 06:48:50 PMCaptivz mae one. Also technically Kenner.

Thanks! The Captivz Parasaurolophus sculpt is certainly not very pleasing to look at... Guess I'm getting Marco's one then ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still waiting to see another round of the anniversary line. I think all I really want next is the JP Para.

Joliezac

I was wondering if anyone who has purchased Marco's 30th anniversary basic figures has had them shipped yet? I ordered the JP3 male and female raptors painted on April 1st but I haven't seen anyone with them in hand yet (besides Andy). I assume he needs time to paint all these since he sold a ton.

Flaffy

Quote from: Joliezac on May 30, 2023, 08:43:05 PMI was wondering if anyone who has purchased Marco's 30th anniversary basic figures has had them shipped yet? I ordered the JP3 male and female raptors painted on April 1st but I haven't seen anyone with them in hand yet (besides Andy). I assume he needs time to paint all these since he sold a ton.

Will take quite a while to fufill all the orders I imagine, many models of the line were sold out within a couple of days (restocks are coming, eventually). Think of it as a preorder rather than purchasing an in-stock item.

Joliezac

Quote from: Flaffy on May 30, 2023, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: Joliezac on May 30, 2023, 08:43:05 PMI was wondering if anyone who has purchased Marco's 30th anniversary basic figures has had them shipped yet? I ordered the JP3 male and female raptors painted on April 1st but I haven't seen anyone with them in hand yet (besides Andy). I assume he needs time to paint all these since he sold a ton.

Will take quite a while to fufill all the orders I imagine, many models of the line were sold out within a couple of days (restocks are coming, eventually). Think of it as a preorder rather than purchasing an in-stock item.

That's what I figured. I hope I can have them in hand before the summer is over. I'm looking forward to taking lots of outdoor photos

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on May 30, 2023, 08:46:53 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 30, 2023, 08:45:01 PM

That's what I figured. I hope I can have them in hand before the summer is over. I'm looking forward to taking lots of outdoor photos

I just ordered the Corythosaurus, planned to order others but they were sold out already. I'm a bit wary of etsy, I lost around 1500.00 on there not knowing their rules. It does make one a paranoid over long term deals.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't buy anything else til i get my current order.

BlueKrono

With shipping and taxes it jumped from $38 to $66. No thanks.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 24, 2023, 09:50:07 AMWith shipping and taxes it jumped from $38 to $66. No thanks.

my corythosaurus was 103.21 and I ordered it April 4th. I really don't think I'll order anything else. 

BlueKrono

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 24, 2023, 06:08:48 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on September 24, 2023, 09:50:07 AMWith shipping and taxes it jumped from $38 to $66. No thanks.

my corythosaurus was 103.21 and I ordered it April 4th. I really don't think I'll order anything else. 

Wow, that really is an awfully long time. I just got my BotM Suski three days ago and ordered it 10/7/21, so I think that's the longest I've ever waited for a toy.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 24, 2023, 06:16:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 24, 2023, 06:08:48 PM

Wow, that really is an awfully long time. I just got my BotM Suski three days ago and ordered it 10/7/21, so I think that's the longest I've ever waited for a toy.

I know he's had some personal issues recently, even so a quick message to each buyer would be nice.  Etsy won't help you with a refund after so many months either.

Jeez..that's a wait. But at least David keeps everyone posted. As far as David goes, I'm going to be more selective with his line too going forward.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: