You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figure to represent the Kimmeridge clay Pliosaur

Started by Remko, June 04, 2023, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remko

I'm looking for a nice big Pliosaur figure to represent the recently found "Kimmeridge Clay" giant Pliosaur (probably Pliosaurus sp.) As described here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016787823000378

The article and paper describe the animal as being between 9,8 and 14,4 meters long, wiyh the larger size as being more likely.
This would seem to make it one of the largest Pliosaurs ever.

Does anybody know of a suitable figure that could be used to represent this animal in 1:35th scale using the upper size estimate?
That would mean a figure app. 41 cm long.

As far as I know, there aren't any Pliosaur toys in that size range, the biggest measuring about 31 cm (CollectA Kronosaurus). The Carnegie Kronosaurus as a base could probably work, but that would mean a completely new body and flippers, only using the head.

If anybody here has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it!

Halichoeres

R @Remko the CollectA Deluxe Pliosaurus is about 33cm long, would that be close enough?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Remko

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 04, 2023, 05:53:28 PMR @Remko the CollectA Deluxe Pliosaurus is about 33cm long, would that be close enough?

Not quite the 14+ meter figure I'm looking for, but it does come close.
And I needed an excuse to buy that figure anyway. ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.