You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 theropods would we like CollectA to make?

Started by Sim, June 08, 2023, 03:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 theropods would you most like CollectA to make?

Austroraptor
7 (28%)
Coelophysis
3 (12%)
Cryolophosaurus (feathered, 1:35 scale)
8 (32%)
Dryptosaurus
2 (8%)
Falcarius
6 (24%)
Gallimimus
13 (52%)
Gigantoraptor
5 (20%)
Halszkaraptor (1:6 scale)
6 (24%)
Maip
6 (24%)
Megalosaurus (deluxe)
6 (24%)
Ornitholestes
4 (16%)
Ornithomimus
4 (16%)
Pelagornis
8 (32%)
Rajasaurus (new)
7 (28%)
Saurornitholestes langstoni
2 (8%)
Torvosaurus (new, deluxe)
3 (12%)
Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis
4 (16%)
Yi
7 (28%)
Zanabazar junior
3 (12%)
Zhenyuanlong
4 (16%)
Any alvarezsaurid
7 (28%)
Any dromaeosaurid
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Sim

Bread

Hopefully they do away with the oversized feet. I much rather have a non-removable base than the oversized feet.

Their Struthiomimus is quite good, so hopefully they make a Gallimimus.

Gwangi

Well, I voted for the ones I selected in the other thread. Although in hindsight I wish I had put a terror bird in there in place of Pelagornis. Whatever. Kind of wish I suggested Herrerasaurus too but it's not a theropod.

Skorpio V.

I'm hesitant to vote for generally smaller/skinnier built ones like dromaeosaurids entirely because of the feet, but I love CollectA's current sculpting style. Looks so polished in a certain way.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V., I think the ones with wings, which includes all the dromaeosaurids, could be made in a pose where the tip of one wing touches the ground and helps it stay up, so there would be no reason to use oversized feet.

Gwangi

CollectA does extant birds (usually with a base), there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do bird-like theropods.

Stegotyranno420

I would've picked Cryolophosaurus if it wasn't going to be feathered, but still good to see it doing so well.
Yangchuanosaurus Torvosaurus Rajasaurus and Megalosaurus were my votes

Flaffy

Quote from: Gwangi on June 08, 2023, 04:31:07 PMCollectA does extant birds (usually with a base), there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do bird-like theropods.

Would be cool to see CollectA return to making minis. Maybe their own "Feathered Dinosaurs" tube, lots of opportunity for a diverse cast of small feathered critters.
*and preferably not recycling the old Procon sculpts by simply scaling them down. Fresh new sculpts please.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Flaffy on June 08, 2023, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 08, 2023, 04:31:07 PMCollectA does extant birds (usually with a base), there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do bird-like theropods.

Would be cool to see CollectA return to making minis. Maybe their own "Feathered Dinosaurs" tube, lots of opportunity for a diverse cast of small feathered critters.
I love that idea

Sim

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 08, 2023, 04:37:27 PMI would've picked Cryolophosaurus if it wasn't going to be feathered, but still good to see it doing so well.
If someone would like a good featherless Cryolophosaurus, there's Safari's 2022 figure.  A good feathered Cryolophosaurus figure doesn't exist and would be great!

I'm surprised how well Rajasaurus is doing!  And how not well poor Zanabazar is doing.  At this rate we'll never get a good troodontid figure, will we?

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on June 08, 2023, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 08, 2023, 04:37:27 PMI would've picked Cryolophosaurus if it wasn't going to be feathered, but still good to see it doing so well.
If someone would like a good featherless Cryolophosaurus, there's Safari's 2022 figure.  A good feathered Cryolophosaurus figure doesn't exist and would be great!

I'm surprised how well Rajasaurus is doing!  And how not well poor Zanabazar is doing.  At this rate we'll never get a good troodontid figure, will we?

I'd love to get an updated Rajasaurus figure, particularly so after seeing it in action in Prehistoric Planet 2. Easily one of the best abelisaur designs by a long shot. It pains me that the BBC is not interested in creating merchandise for their highly successful and popular series. CollectA's old one is passable. Far from their worst Procon offerings, but a long ways away from their Carnotaurus. Particularly evident in that goofy lop-sided head sculpt.

Troodontids are generally overshadowed by their cousins the Dromaeosaurs, or well specifically the thousands of Velociraptors on the market.

Jose S.M.

I voted dromeosaurs and ornithomimids, first because I want to see how they do them and second because they have made some nice ones before. I'm not that fond of their large ones because they made with fixed bases.

ceratopsian

I'm desperate for an alvarezsaurid. Any one at all, I'm not fussy!

A Halszkaraptor please.

Coelophysis (echoes of my long ago childhood and learning about Ghost Ranch)

Gallimimus - there's never enough ornithomimids around for my taste

And finally Pelagornis.

I'm really allergic to big feet (other than my own rather long narrow ones of course!)

Sim

I voted for:
1. Cryolophosaurus.  Safari has released a good featherless one last year, CollectA could satisfy the need for a good feathered one.
2. Ornitholestes.  If CollectA made a small version of it it could go very well with other Morrison Formation animals like Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Diplodocus, etc..
3. Saurornitholestes.  It's now known from a nearly complete specimen which includes the keratin of its huge sickle claws and it was a common animal in a number of Cretaceous ecosystems...  It would be great to have a good figure of it!
4. Zanabazar.  The only accurate troodontid figure is the PNSO Mei which is sleeping.  It would be wonderful if CollectA would release an accurate troodontid figure in a more neutral pose!
5. Zhenyuanlong.  This is another dromaeosaurid known from a nearly complete specimen which includes preserved feathers.  As we know, the Beasts of the Mesozoic Zhenyuanlong has inaccurate proportions and there's no indication an accurate version of it will be coming.  It would be really something if CollectA made Zhenyuanlong accurately!

Perotorum

I think more obscure tyrannosaurids such as Teratophoneus, Thanatotheristes, or even Nanuqsaurus would be a nice addition to complement either pre-existing models or to round out the family as a whole, although accurate depictions of large non-utahraptor dromaeosaurids would also be nice to have at 1/35 scale, especially for dioramas.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

ceratopsian

I'm happy with the small CollectA Megalosaurus.  And it doesn't seem to me stellar enough a representation for me to want a large version.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.