News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

The Otodus megalodon is up on AliExpress too.  It looks quite a bit cheaper than Amazon.  The cheapest for the UK is currently Model toy Center at £13.96 without box, £14.80 with (to which a UK customer would need to add 20% VAT).  The other stores are around £17.50/£20 for with/without box (plus any VAT due).

Gwangi

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 11, 2023, 12:20:55 PMThe Otodus megalodon is up on AliExpress too.  It looks quite a bit cheaper than Amazon.  The cheapest for the UK is currently Model toy Center at £13.96 without box, £14.80 with (to which a UK customer would need to add 20% VAT).  The other stores are around £17.50/£20 for with/without box (plus any VAT due).

I have not bought from that seller before. Have you? Recommend them? I usually go with My Online Toy Store.

ceratopsian

Yes, I have bought from Model toy Center, including within the last few months avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi.  At least one set of my recent Haolonggoods came from them.  I usually buy from My Online Toy Store too, as usually they give the better deal for me.  But I've not had a problem with orders from Model toy Center.

Quote from: Gwangi on August 11, 2023, 01:25:12 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 11, 2023, 12:20:55 PMThe Otodus megalodon is up on AliExpress too.  It looks quite a bit cheaper than Amazon.  The cheapest for the UK is currently Model toy Center at £13.96 without box, £14.80 with (to which a UK customer would need to add 20% VAT).  The other stores are around £17.50/£20 for with/without box (plus any VAT due).

I have not bought from that seller before. Have you? Recommend them? I usually go with My Online Toy Store.

Sim

The Haolonggood Dacentrurus doesn't have a tail club, just a rough tail end.  If you want a stegosaurian with a tail club, I recommend getting the PNSO Huayangosaurus.

dragon53

Gwangi

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 11, 2023, 01:36:14 PMYes, I have bought from Model toy Center, including within the last few months avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi.  At least one set of my recent Haolonggoods came from them.  I usually buy from My Online Toy Store too, as usually they give the better deal for me.  But I've not had a problem with orders from Model toy Center.

Quote from: Gwangi on August 11, 2023, 01:25:12 PM

Thanks! In this case Model Toy Center is the way to go, quite a bit cheaper than My Online Toy Store.

Bread

More comparisons:

From left to right:
PNSO Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Stegosaurus 1.0
Haolonggood Dancetrurus orange variant
PNSO Tuojiangosaurus
PNSO Miragaia
Stegosaurus by Takashi Oda
PNSO Huayangosaurus mini

SidB

Quote from: Bread on August 13, 2023, 02:17:44 PMMore comparisons:

From left to right:
PNSO Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Stegosaurus 1.0
Haolonggood Dancetrurus orange variant
PNSO Tuojiangosaurus
PNSO Miragaia
Favorite Co. Stegosaurus (is this correct?)
PNSO Huayangosaurus mini
That Stego appears to be the 2004 version by Takashi Oda. Definitely like it better than the 2013 by Araki, though it has its virtues, despite a cartoonish paint job.

Bread

Erwinonychus

Just got in my order from AliExpress. Got the Megalodon, Dacentrurus and edmontonia. What a great figures. The Meg looks great and looks better in person than on promotional pictures. Only flaw is the red wash around its face. It's very sloppy and makes a gore impression. A bit too much imo.
The Dacentrurus is awesome. What a stunning figure, and so is the edmontonia

And finally the Meg with my own found teeth (fragments) of Megalodon (from the Antwerp area, Belgium)

thomasw100

I just received the message that in the near future the dinosaur figure store Speelboer in the Netherlands (https://www.speelboer.com/) will be the first and currently only distributor of the Haolonggood figures in (continental) Europe. They have just sent an information E-mail about this to all customers who are signed up to their E-mail distribution list. I have purchased several PNSO and some Nanmu figures from them in the past and was always very happy with their prices and customer service.

thomasw100

Quote from: Erwinonychus on August 15, 2023, 01:47:16 PMJust got in my order from AliExpress. Got the Megalodon, Dacentrurus and edmontonia. What a great figures. The Meg looks great and looks better in person than on promotional pictures. Only flaw is the red wash around its face. It's very sloppy and makes a gore impression. A bit too much imo.
The Dacentrurus is awesome. What a stunning figure, and so is the edmontonia

And finally the Meg with my own found teeth (fragments) of Megalodon (from the Antwerp area, Belgium)

Very nice comparisons. The Dacentrurus fits so nicely together with the PNSO Stegosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus. I am so happy that I did order the green one as well. The Megalodon looks a bit too much Meg 2 for my taste.

Erwinonychus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 01:56:51 PMVery nice comparisons. The Dacentrurus fits so nicely together with the PNSO Stegosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus. The Megalodon looks a bit too much Meg 2 for my taste.

Thanks. It blends in great. It's actually the Rebor stegosaurus which I find more attracting than the PNSO version(s). Nevertheless it's a great diorama. Hopefully I can upgrade my Ceratosaurus soon.

Since I collect fossil shark teeth myself this Meg is a must-have for me

Erwinonychus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 01:52:45 PMI just received the message that in the near future the dinosaur figure store Speelboer in the Netherlands (https://www.speelboer.com/) will be the first and currently only distributor of the Haolonggood figures in (continental) Europe. They have just sent an information E-mail about this to all customers who are signed up to their E-mail distribution list. I have purchased several PNSO and some Nanmu figures from them in the past and was always very happy with their prices and customer service.

That's great news. Hopefully their prices will be competitive with Ali otherwise I'll keep ordering these in China (although I live in Holland, same as Speelboer) I've spend 60 euro for those three figures and was delivered within 11 days. Worth waiting for if much more expensive

Fenestra

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 01:52:45 PMI just received the message that in the near future the dinosaur figure store Speelboer in the Netherlands (https://www.speelboer.com/) will be the first and currently only distributor of the Haolonggood figures in (continental) Europe. They have just sent an information E-mail about this to all customers who are signed up to their E-mail distribution list. I have purchased several PNSO and some Nanmu figures from them in the past and was always very happy with their prices and customer service.

I'm not on their E-mail list, so this is excellent news. They are my go to for Nanmu, PNSO and BotM.
I'm very happy they will be selling this brand as well.

DragonRider02

Does this store ship abroad? I put few items to the basket and put Poland in addres section to see how much shipping would cost, but the only option that shows up is the free 'Pick up in Duvien' option.

Quiversaurus

Thanks for the comparison pictures, avatar_Erwinonychus @Erwinonychus . The Dacentrurus really looks wonderful next to its PNSO and Rebor counterparts.

Also, that PNSO Allosaurus is looking good, it's next on my to-get list (is there a wishlist function on here haha)!

Bread

Alright, yep I just changed my mind about the Dacentrurus. Switched to the green variant, thank you for more comparisons!

Erwinonychus

Since comparison photos are being appreciated, two more  ^-^

Herbivores are cool

Pachyrhinosaurus vs. Carnotaurus about the same scale (1:30)

thomasw100

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 15, 2023, 04:18:25 PMDoes this store ship abroad? I put few items to the basket and put Poland in addres section to see how much shipping would cost, but the only option that shows up is the free 'Pick up in Duvien' option.

The store should ship at least to any EU country. I am in Germany and have ordered a few times from them now. Have you created a customer account? Maybe this is required for international shipping.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: