News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you S @SidB for your very kind words!
     Although I do pay for these figures and models they still always feel like beautiful gifts to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.77
                                                              ~ •   Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis  • ~

The figure is smaller than the one from PNSO's Dinosaurs Museum series. Chungkingosaurus is a serious opponent now.

•    with PNSO No.45 Allosaurus, No.61 Acrocanthosaurus & Dinosaurs Museum Giganotosaurus    •

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 21, 2023, 07:10:35 PM:)  Thank you S @SidB for your very kind words!
    Although I do pay for these figures and models they still always feel like beautiful gifts to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.77
                                                              ~ •   Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis  • ~

The figure is smaller than the one from PNSO's Dinosaurs Museum series. Chungkingosaurus is a serious opponent now.

Where do you always get these beautiful bases? Do you build them yourself?

Libraraptor

Your thread is an oasis. Cool pictures, no negativity whatsoever and great focus on the joy of collecting. Thank you!

ceratopsian

Beautifully expressed avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor.  My sentiments precisely. Oases are to be treasured. You give us a gift in your turn avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.

Paleo Flo

Great pics as always. A cool base plus an impressive figure makes a stellar display item.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

postsaurischian

:D Thank you very much avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian & avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo. It's my pleasure.

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 21, 2023, 07:46:39 PMWhere do you always get these beautiful bases? Do you build them yourself?

No, I don't build them myself. They're either made by Martin Garratt or they come from other models, especially resin models.
The first base in my last post is a Garratt base and the second one is from PNSO's Dinosaurs Museum series Yangchuanosaurus, plus a Safari tree.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 22, 2023, 09:06:30 AM:D Thank you very much avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian & avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo. It's my pleasure.

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 21, 2023, 07:46:39 PMWhere do you always get these beautiful bases? Do you build them yourself?

No, I don't build them myself. They're either made by Martin Garratt or they come from other models, especially resin models.
The first base in my last post is a Garratt base and the second one is from PNSO's Dinosaurs Museum series Yangchuanosaurus, plus a Safari tree.
T @thomasw100, we have a forum rule here that says to avoid quoting entire posts if they are long and/or contain many images (No.7).
It's not a big thing, it just doesn't look good and causes annoying scrolling. Would you mind deleting the quoted pics in your post? Thanks in advance.

For the latter one has to work directly with the html code on this dinosaur of website, which is not the way things are done these days. If this is what we should do, then a more modern content management system for this blog would be very useful.

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 22, 2023, 11:39:18 AMFor the latter one has to work directly with the html code on this dinosaur of website, which is not the way things are done these days. If this is what we should do, then a more modern content management system for this blog would be very useful.

You don't have to go into the code to delete images from posts.

Just simply delete anything containing " [img] " along with the associated image address within the body of text you're quoting to remove images. A simple matter of deleting text itself rather than coding.

While it would be nice to have a more efficient way of doing things, such is the nature of forums.

CityRaptor

This thread is really living up to it's name!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor!

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 22, 2023, 11:39:18 AMFor the latter one has to work directly with the html code on this dinosaur of website, which is not the way things are done these days. If this is what we should do, then a more modern content management system for this blog would be very useful.

It was not my intention to annoy you. Thanks for deleting the pics!

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Ampelosaurus  • ~

•    with CollectA's figure from 2011    •

•    with PNSO mini No.22    •

Beautiful HAOLONGGOOD sauropods ~ Apatosaurus, Ampelosaurus & Dicraeosaurus   

Quiversaurus

I'm so happy I found this thread - completely agree that this is an oasis of wonderful images! Loving the human figures (which I assume are in scale) for comparison as well.

Gonna spend some time here for sure~

ceratopsian

An impressive and handsome trio of sauropods from Haolonggood. Your photos do them justice. I hope they give us more sauropods to join the herd. I chose the same black version as you but don't expect it to arrive till I'm back home from my holidays.  Treat in store!

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.75
                                                                              ~ •   Saurophaganax  • ~

vvvv •     next to PNSO No.45 & W-Dragon Allosaurus    • vvvv

Bread

That Saurophaganax is perfect. I really like the side-by-side comparison too of the Allosaurus. Just shows how much they've improved.

Quiversaurus

The Saurophaganax really is beautiful. I'm on the fence whether I should get it or Paul the jimmadseni... Would the Saurophaganax pass as a 1:35 Allosaurus in your opinion?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 07, 2023, 03:47:50 PMThe Saurophaganax really is beautiful. I'm on the fence whether I should get it or Paul the jimmadseni... Would the Saurophaganax pass as a 1:35 Allosaurus in your opinion?
Tbh neither Paul nor the Sauro would fit 1:35, tho Fragilis (the species sauro is pretty much entirely based on), may have gotten to those sizes, but it's unclear. Paul is definitely too big for jimmadseni tho.

Quiversaurus

QuoteTbh neither Paul nor the Sauro would fit 1:35, tho Fragilis (the species sauro is pretty much entirely based on), may have gotten to those sizes, but it's unclear. Paul is definitely too big for jimmadseni tho.

I see... thanks for that. Allosaurus is one of my favourite species and I hope to one day get a perfect one!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comment!

:)

Wild Past  1:20  Scutosaurus & Kotlassia     

Design & Sculpt avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus      Manufactured avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector

vvvv    Scutosaurus next to Safari's figure from 2008    vvvv

vvvv    and with Wild Safari's Inostrancevia    vvvv

vvvv     Lu Feng Shan Dimetrodon     Wild Past Scutosaurus     Dinosauria Creatures Lystrosaurus     vvvv

Megalosaurus

Wonderful figures. Great Mr. Garratt paintwork too.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

postsaurischian

:D   Thank you avatar_Megalosaurus @Megalosaurus for the comment!

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Dilophosaurus  • ~

vvvv     next to Kaiyodo Dinoland and Wild Safari Dilophosaurus     vvvv

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: