You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on April 21, 2023, 03:17:19 AMNah, G98 is definitely Godzilla.

Correct. It's legal jargon.

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on April 21, 2023, 03:17:19 AMAnd arguably, one of the best.

No. Watch the real movies.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

I definitely wouldn't consider G'98 one of the best Godzillas, but there's no point in pretending it isn't an officially-recognized iteration of the Godzilla character.

That McFarlane's leak sounds exciting, though! We've been sorely lacking in new PR kaiju toys.

Over9K

This guy just came spinning in from Japan.

CCP Artistic Monsters Series Sofubi Gamera 1996

It's very similar in scale to the X-Plus 25cm/Large Monsters Series Gameras. Really love the facial expression on this one!

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Over9K

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 17, 2023, 07:01:57 AMavatar_Over9K @Over9K Where did you get it from?

I ordered from Hobby Search in Japan. They've got several different Gameras (G2 and GIII mostly) in the CCP Artistic Monster Collection in stock, specials like "Last Scene Ver.", "Poster Color Ver.", "Ultimate Plasma Blast Ver.", "Flight Mode Ver.", etc. If you're willing to be patient, use Surface Parcel shipping to save some serious money over using EMS/DHL.

Link: CCP Artistic Monsters Collection on Hobby Search

DragonRider02

The McFarlane Pacific Rim leak is very exciting. I will finally be able to get figure of Otachi, my favourite Kaiju (becouse the prices of all Neca versions on Ebay are absolutely insane)!
I am dissapointed about complete lack of information regarding the promised 3rd wave of Avatar figures though.

dragon53

AcroSauroTaurus

Some recent Kaiju additions...
S.H.MonsterArts Biollante-Special Color: Ended up finding a pre-owned one for under retail price.(box had been opened but was in new condition.)

S.H.MonsterArts Gamera-Decisive Battle: First Gamera figure, unfortunately it came with the jaw loose in the box since the throat piece was put in backwards, so I had to turn the throat piece around and then put the jaw back in... Besides the fixing needed, I'm pretty happy with it.

Hiya Mothra: First Hiya figure, and I'm pretty pleased with it besides the stand. It's too big and doesn't hold the figure well.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

The U.S. Godzilla opened, they have some neat stuff and a 15% off coupon if you spend 150.00 Godzilla.com

I kinda went overboard with this beast.. but it was a great deal.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Watching GvsD while assembling this BEAST.  I'm not sure why I had it in my head he was a lighter vinyl.  I didn't really have much of an idea where to even hold him to attach parts..super spikey!  Now to make some space...

Eocarcharia

Well it's only been eight months, but here's my promised collection update:

Got my S.H.Monsterarts Jet Jaguar 2021 during Black Friday last year (on sale, like I wanted).

Finally found a Playmates Gorosaurus last Christmas. By that time I had decided to only collect S.H.Monsterarts Kaiju, but I couldn't resist after having driven myself crazy trying to find one the previous year, and then just stumbling onto one in the wrong aisle at Target. Plus, who knows when/if they're going to make and S.H.Monsterarts Gorosaurus?

Do these count as kaiju?

And finally, something I actually got recently (last week): the S.H.Monsterarts Godzilla 2002 reissue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Good luck finding the Gorosaurus. I only ever saw one.  I'm currently watching for Ghidorah. At least Baragon was easy to find.

AcroSauroTaurus

Hiya Godzilla 2019- Will be replacing my NECA one since while it's a little bigger, I like the head\neck much better.

NECA on the left, Hiya on the right.

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla 2000 special color-Found this one preowned in a local game store...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Cenozoic Fauna

These figures look epic! Hoping hiya toys does all the monsters from Godzilla 2019, and as well as the new monarch: legacy of monsters TV show, and Godzilla,Kong: the new empire as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's not the BIG Neca with sound is it?

Nice find on the 2000 Goji. Reminds me of the Sakai prototype I just acquired.

It's a RIC version with lightup feature on the spines and gills.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 25, 2023, 04:57:42 AMThat's not the BIG Neca with sound is it?

No, only the 2014 got a bigger version, that's the 2019 NECA.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 26, 2023, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 25, 2023, 04:57:42 AMThat's not the BIG Neca with sound is it?

No, only the 2014 got a bigger version, that's the 2019 NECA.

Ah yeah ok, sorry my bad. I see it now. That's the only Neca Godzilla I have thus far. I recall I was attempting to control my collecting habit..that worked out well...

Just received these

I LOVE Anguirus but man does it feel great to finally have a Kamacuras!

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 27, 2023, 05:13:22 AMI LOVE Anguirus but man does it feel great to finally have a Kamacuras!

Not sure which Kaiju gets the least merch love; Kamacarus or Gabara

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on September 27, 2023, 05:42:44 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 27, 2023, 05:13:22 AMI LOVE Anguirus but man does it feel great to finally have a Kamacuras!

Not sure which Kaiju gets the least merch love; Kamacarus or Gabara

Tough call. I'd say both are sort of equal. I've seen mini figures of Gabara but no Xplus or such, but I've not seen much of Kamacuras outside the XPlus and Bandai releases.

The bugs seem to always have trouble getting released unless your Mothra. Still waiting on a Battra, Megagurius ad even a 2019 Mothra.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: