News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bandai: New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, November 14, 2023, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Display Model Collection: Dinosaur Series 01
- Tyrannosaurus
- Triceratops
- Spinosaurus
- Mosasaurus
Link: https://parks2.bandainamco-am.co.jp/category/GASHAPON_NEW_PREORDE/PRE_4570118120250.html

"いきもの大図鑑ディスプレイモデルコレクション
恐竜01
(税込1,000円)

#ガシャポンオンライン で
11/15(金)11時から予約開始予定!

恐竜シリーズがスタート🦖💥
台座付きで大きさもビッグサイズ💨
徹底的に拘った造形、彩色を思う存分に鑑賞できる"

Flaffy

Not very interesting species granted, but the sculpts and paintwork seem very well done.

avatar_brettnj @brettnj I assume you'll be taking orders for these?

Quiversaurus

The Mosasaurus' pose is very reminiscent of... was it Nanmu's recent version? But that Spino looks good, really like that dynamic pose!

Pliosaurking

Leyster

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 14, 2023, 05:20:46 PMThe Mosasaurus' pose is very reminiscent of... was it Nanmu's recent version? Sideshow's maquette
avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus this is better  ;)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

brettnj

One way or another, yes.

Right now I'm e-mailing my new figure source to see if he'll be selling these (For those who don't know, Bandai changed its marketing rules earlier this year and can only distribute some of its products to certain kinds of retailers.). If not, certainly my main source will.

I'll update as soon as I know more.

Thanks for posting and asking. These are very beautifully done and I imagine they'll be very popular.
Brett

bmathison1972

Bandai has started their 2024 announcements, so this might be for next year (?). I'll check the Bandai site(s) when I get home.

brettnj

F--where did you find this?

The translation above reads:

"Creature Encyclopedia Display Model Collection"
dinosaur 01
(1,000 yen including tax)

#GashaponOnline
Reservations will start from 11:00 on Friday, November 15th!

Dinosaur series has started 🦖💥
Comes with a pedestal and is big in size💨
You can fully appreciate the meticulous modeling and coloring."

I wonder what reservations means. Could be very important.

bmathison1972

I just checked the Bandai sites and it's not listed on either, but I'll do more snooping when I get home.

brettnj

Again, I'll update as soon as I learn more but since it mentions the reservation start date of today (in Japan), if anyone is interested in these, please PM ASAP.

Thanks.
Brett

bmathison1972

Quote from: brettnj on November 14, 2023, 08:04:39 PMAgain, I'll update as soon as I learn more but since it mentions the reservation start date of today (in Japan), if anyone is interested in these, please PM ASAP.

Thanks.
Brett

I do know that 'Reservation' does not mean 'Available Now'

brettnj

Right but if they're possibly limited by reservation and the option is already available, best to address asap.

brettnj

And I also already asked both sources about how they are being sold.

bmathison1972

the 'Reservation' is simply for preordering. All Bandai sales sites have that option, it's unlikely to be a limited release.

brettnj

Awesome, thanks. (I never look at Bandai sites.).

Hopefully then I'll get release date info from one or both sources.

Will update.

brettnj

My source has already bought the 18 sets to fulfill our first round of requests.

We'll be placing another order Monday morning.

Please remember that these are only available via reservation so if interested you need to request now. Especially since the figures are bought blindly/randomly, I expect when they release in March that reseller prices for both the set and the two rarer subjects especially will be high.

Please PM if interested and I'll respond with details re: both how we work and this set in particular.

Thanks.
Brett

Flaffy

Just noticed that the base has what I presume is supposed to be an Onchopristis. Seems to just be reconstructed after an extant sawfish though :-\ . avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres any thoughts / second opinion?

Halichoeres

Like nearly every fish included as a Spinosaurus accessory, the Onchopristis looks carelessly done. There's a lot I can't tell from just the low angles provided. But the placement of the dorsal fins definitely says "modern sawfish," rather than "sclerorhynchoid."

It's interesting to see Bandai introducing prehistoric animals into its Diversity of Life on Earth line, and from no less a master than Shinzen. I don't personally find these interesting, but maybe they'll make something more my speed one of these days. I've long wished they'd use the line to give us articulated trilobites or something fun like that, but that's probably asking too much.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Actually, I could definitely see some extinct invertebrates show up at some point if they continue this direction. The Diversity of Life line began with a set of pillbugs, so trilobites or sea scorpions or Cambrian critters might not be far-fetched.

Flaffy

In-hand pics have been surfacing for the past couple weeks now. Here's a few from Paleofiguras. I'd be lying if I said these didn't look nice.

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: