News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sauropod News

Started by thomasw100, December 02, 2023, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Hi there, for quite some time I wanted to create this thread where fans of sauropods can post information about new sauropod models. This could be updates to models that are in the making or really new models including custom models. I will post a few things to get started and then hopefully this will gain some momentum.

thomasw100

For all of those who have not been catching up on recent news about Halonggood sauropod models, here is a brief update.

First, Haolonggood apparently plans to make four large sauropod models in the near future, perhaps next year. The species have been suspected to be Alamosaurus (confirmed), Mamenchisaurus, Argentinosaurus and Brachiosaurus or Giraffatitan. This is the picture that was posted by Paleofiguras:

Next, today the first pictures of the Alamosaurus have appeared (posted by Paleofiguras) and it is really an impressive model:

Finally, Wild Past has announced that they will include a Raspetosaurus in their forthcoming kickstarter. First pictures have been shown as well:

thomasw100

Now comes something really new. In a collaborative effort between Dinosauria Creatures and Miniature Museum, they will be releasing a new model of the Europasaurus. I have been given permission to post this information and show some exclusive pictures here:

There will be more sauropods in the future. The next joint project is most likely going to be a 1:35 scale Diplodocus.

Halichoeres

Speaking of Diplodocus, there's this kit, which includes a little flock of Dryosaurus:

https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/jm003
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2023, 07:02:19 AMSpeaking of Diplodocus, there's this kit, which includes a little flock of Dryosaurus:

My only issue with model kits like these is the "paywall" in order for me to get the smaller models that come with the large sauropod. In this case, the Dryosaurus pack.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on December 03, 2023, 02:29:32 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2023, 07:02:19 AMSpeaking of Diplodocus, there's this kit, which includes a little flock of Dryosaurus:

My only issue with model kits like these is the "paywall" in order for me to get the smaller models that come with the large sauropod. In this case, the Dryosaurus pack.

I had actually inquired with Lana if it would be possible to buy only the Diplodocus and not the entire scene. They responded that they will inquire with the designer if this will be possible, but so far they have not come back with a definitive answer. At first I really liked this Diplodocus, but upon taking a closer look I find the shape of the hands and feet a bit strange.

thomasw100

Dinosauria Creatures has now released their next exclusive model, designed for them by Miniature Museum. This is the Diplodocus carnegii, which is available in two different poses and also in 1:35 scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Are these resin or pvc? Where do you order them?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 19, 2024, 10:48:51 PMAre these resin or pvc? Where do you order them?
Resin 3d printed.
And you order them on https://dinosauriacreatures.com/

ceratopsian

From past experience of resin sauropods, that tail is very vulnerable in transit.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has released the first images of a forthcoming model of Mamenchisaurus by Linghu art studio which will be released in 1:35 and 1:18 scale.

thomasw100

Linghu art studio made also a life size showcase model of the head of the Mamenchisaurus.

thomasw100

Dinosauria Creatures has released their next exclusive model, designed in collaboration with Miniature Museum. This is the Turiasaurus riodevensis, considered as (one of) the largest land animal in Europe. So this release continues their line of dinosaur species discovered in Europe. The model is available in two different poses and also in 1:35 scale.

thomasw100

Lana Time shop has now posted more pictures of the Mamenchisaurus from Linghu Art Studio, which is now available for pre-order. This is a truly beautiful model I have to say and it comes in 1:35 and 1:18 scale. The model comes with a cub of Mamenchisaurus, 3 individuals of Limusaurus, a Peterosaur and a base.

The only drawback is that it seems to be too large. With a curve length of 100 cm in 1:35 this would represent a 35 meter long individual, which seems considerably larger than the size estimate of 25-26 meters that seems to be the consensus in the palentological literature. I am aware that there are size estimates that go up to 35 meters based on two neck vertebrae that have been assigned to Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum, but this seems not to be generally accepted.

thomasw100

Recently I received two 2 sauropod models from the paleoart 3D designer Paleokhris and I noticed that he has now quite a large portfolio of 3D printable sauropod models, including some important species. Therefore I thought it would be useful to actually give a summary of the species available. The textural detail and accuracy of these models is really amazing.

SenSx

Thanks, I would like to get the biggest Sauropod to have existed.

So is Bruhathkayosaurus a thing ?
I know the name now belongs to a theropod so it should be changed.
But does this beast really had the gigantic dimensions it is rumored to have ?
Bigger than Argentinosaurus ?

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has now listed a forthcoming model of Paralititan from Bai Lan studio. The resin model is in 1:35 scale and available for pre-order.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has shown the first images of the head sculpt of the forthcoming Brachiosaurus altithorax from Sumeru studio. The model will be available in 1:35 and 1:18 scale.

SenSx

Ho god, if the figure is faithfull to this in 1/35  :o

Crackington

I think the Collecta mini-sauropod tube is starting to be available, have seen it on UK ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176303611446?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lwiConr6Rve&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=y4grGFtORgq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I think I'm going to wait for Everything Dinosaur to get it though. Looks like a great set for those of us with space limitations.

Here's the link from Collecta's website:

https://www.collecta.biz/en/collections/gift-sets/box-sets/item/A1213

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: