News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New For 2023

Started by Over9K, June 03, 2023, 06:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Is that the reveal? Their rendition of an "accurate" Tyrannosaurus but now with an articulated jaw.

Not going to lie I was expecting something different.

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on December 07, 2023, 05:05:37 PMIs that the reveal? Their rendition of an "accurate" Tyrannosaurus but now with an articulated jaw.

Looks to me they went the REBOR route, and this is the Tusk (toothy) figure, to the previous Kiss (lipped) figure.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on December 07, 2023, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 07, 2023, 05:05:37 PMIs that the reveal? Their rendition of an "accurate" Tyrannosaurus but now with an articulated jaw.

Looks to me they went the REBOR route, and this is the Tusk (toothy) figure, to the previous Kiss (lipped) figure.

Ahhh okay, that makes sense!

Honestly good move on their part, I've seen many praise their lipped version. Maybe this non-lipped will sell really well, too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might be good, but even with the tooth slippage issue aside, I'm not looking to double dip anyway.

Paleofiguras posted a bunch of pics :  https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras?__cft__
  • =AZUUH4i82ShQIioStnUKRu1ECCE7zybWj7KULl5OWTmrfclvZCuN2iwfOmLHytMQPvA2LPvfIL1_Jbcru4FC3EaitsACamZAgBDFB0L39dBP6MCRRKAaLRmFgjkKV8gwHTFrfbccMIuFiiqrmsIlDid1cMOhek0rYfJ8_WxcRy6omT7jVcYz2dnwYzksjmQyvGo&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2023, 04:49:52 AMIt might be good, but even with the tooth slippage issue aside, I'm not looking to double dip anyway.

Paleofiguras posted a bunch of pics :  https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras?__cft__
  • =AZUUH4i82ShQIioStnUKRu1ECCE7zybWj7KULl5OWTmrfclvZCuN2iwfOmLHytMQPvA2LPvfIL1_Jbcru4FC3EaitsACamZAgBDFB0L39dBP6MCRRKAaLRmFgjkKV8gwHTFrfbccMIuFiiqrmsIlDid1cMOhek0rYfJ8_WxcRy6omT7jVcYz2dnwYzksjmQyvGo&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

That has the exact same body and colorway as the lipped version.

EDIT: This release is literally just a re-release of the body and the base, with two new toothy-grin heads.

The jaw is not articulated, it comes with two alternate heads, open/closed.

I have to admit, I'm torn. Despite knowing that Stan's teeth did not look like that in life, I've always wanted one with his grin.

EDIT 2: Well crap... if it comes with the miniature Stan skull I will be forced to get it...

EDIT 3: I just realized... if I got this one, I could display BOTH lipped heads!

Flaffy

Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2023, 04:57:14 AMThe jaw is not articulated, it comes with two alternate heads, open/closed.

"Finally, the original design of the head has also been replaced by one with a jaw joint, anatomically rigorous and based on the rotational position of a realistic skeleton. "

I think I see a seam for jaw articulation on this release.

Over9K

Quote from: Flaffy on December 08, 2023, 05:17:40 AM
Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2023, 04:57:14 AMThe jaw is not articulated, it comes with two alternate heads, open/closed.

"Finally, the original design of the head has also been replaced by one with a jaw joint, anatomically rigorous and based on the rotational position of a realistic skeleton. "

I think I see a seam for jaw articulation on this release.

OK... that's really odd, because in a couple of the images I'm seeing the join where the head would attach/detach, exact same spot as on the lipped one.

That a bummer... would have been cool to be able to display both lipped heads at the same time.

Renecito

Quote"Por último, también se ha sustituido el diseño original de la cabeza por una con articulación en la mandíbula
What they are saying is that this time they have opted for an articulated jaw instead of two interchangeable heads as in the previous version.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Tracewyrm!

I'm sure someone here has mentioned it but what's up with the weird shifting scales between the open and closed jaw promo images? Like, they feel like completely random clusters of scales on the neck and torso.

Is it just them touching the photos up? Either way, its kind of funny to look at

* (It's locked.)

Over9K

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on December 08, 2023, 04:37:25 PMI'm sure someone here has mentioned it but what's up with the weird shifting scales between the open and closed jaw promo images? Like, they feel like completely random clusters of scales on the neck and torso.

Is it just them touching the photos up? Either way, its kind of funny to look at

That one of the neck is right where the alternate head join is.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2023, 07:52:01 PMThat one of the neck is right where the alternate head join is.

I want to agree with that, but if you look at the corner of the mouth, you can see what looks like a hinge joint (more obvious in motion). Either way, it wouldn't explain all the other shifting patches of scales on the body..

* (It's locked.)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.