News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Artic Figures Scam

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, December 08, 2023, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just found out about this earlier today via Syrett Tech posts on FB. Artic Figures is run by notorious scammer Josh Smith.  This guy has scammed me at least twice over the years, over 1500.00 he has stolen from our nonprofit. I didn't know it was him at the time as he opens accounts with his wife's info, his relatives and even in-laws.

Find more info on Syrett Tech's fb here : https://www.facebook.com/syretttech

He's starting to pull info and disappear so Artic Figures is going to be vanishing soon, if you bought anything from him I urge you to file with your bank, paypal or credit card company.

Dynomikegojira

This is very disappointing indeed but I kinda figured something was strange when are he didn't post has much on his IG.

Blade-of-the-Moon

He's VERY good at hiding himself. When he's outed he vanishes only to reappear as someone or some other business. I have messages and images of several of his scam businesses. He even tried to put one over on Big Bad Toy Store. He needs to be reported so authorities can stop him, I'm tired of him preying on dinosaur collectors.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah Syrett Tech posted his address so there's no hiding for him butt shit this really blows Artic was like one of my favorite figure makers I was genuinely looking forward to him doing more King Kong 2005 figures. I even suggested that he should do some Primeval figures too.

Bread

I'd like to hear A @Andysdinosaurreviews experience with this guy.

Of course Andy is not part of this con-artist whatsoever, but I'm curious to know if Andy purchased these directly to review, or sent to him for free. Either way, Josh Smith seemed to use him to lure customers, that's unfortunate.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on December 08, 2023, 03:22:59 AMYeah Syrett Tech posted his address so there's no hiding for him butt shit this really blows Artic was like one of my favorite figure makers I was genuinely looking forward to him doing more King Kong 2005 figures. I even suggested that he should do some Primeval figures too.

What really sucks is he obviously has talent, but he uses it to scam people instead of making something of it.

QuoteI'd like to hear
A
 @Andysdinosaurreviews experience with this guy.

Of course Andy is not part of this con-artist whatsoever, but I'm curious to know if Andy purchased these directly to review, or sent to him for free. Either way, Josh Smith seemed to use him to lure customers, that's unfortunate.

Maybe he could post something on his channel to help warn people?

Prehistory Resurrection

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews' community post on his YouTube channel. Became aware of the situation through Andy's Community Post. I'm shocked and saddened by the situation. I thought this was a fan who cares for the fanbase through his offerings. His JP figures were really good. His JP Lost World Bull T-Rex was the perhaps the best non-official articulated representative since Mattel's now defunct crowfund offering will not see the light of the day. Very sorry for those who got scammed. Yet another Edel Collectibles situation again...

Dynomikegojira

Andy's community post is actually how I became aware of it all but I do feel he should do a video will reach more people.

Faelrin

I wasn't really considering buying anything from them to begin with, but I'm really sorry to hear folks here have been scammed by this guy.

Glad to see Andy did the right thing to bring awareness to this situation, as his videos probably introduced a lot of folks to his "products". It's really unfortunate there's scum like this person out there preying upon folks in this community (including that Edel Collectibles guy as well).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2023, 03:36:06 AM
Quote from: Dynomikegojira on December 08, 2023, 03:22:59 AMYeah Syrett Tech posted his address so there's no hiding for him butt shit this really blows Artic was like one of my favorite figure makers I was genuinely looking forward to him doing more King Kong 2005 figures. I even suggested that he should do some Primeval figures too.

What really sucks is he obviously has talent, but he uses it to scam people instead of making something of it.

QuoteI'd like to hear
A
 @Andysdinosaurreviews experience with this guy.

Maybe he could post something on his channel to help warn people?
Exactly I'm like wouldn't they make more money just being honest and giving people their figures that they paid for I mean so many of us were throwing suggestions left and right he could've had more profitable than scamming people.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2023, 03:26:04 AMI'd like to hear A @Andysdinosaurreviews experience with this guy.

Its even more unfortunate because now there will be people who will associate Andy as being a part of this whole scame thing, which is obviously untrue but you know how rumours spread...remember the Edel thing?

Dynomikegojira

Yeah I think a review embargo should be put in place until after customers get there figures moving forward definitely saves a lot of trouble.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Edel Collectibles I think was Galileo Hernandez?  Once I heard that I wasn't buying anything. I had issues with him back on the old forum and I wasn't the only one.  Another case of good artist/bad decisions.

I'm glad Andy said something, I would do a video to increase reach as well if it were me, but his content is totally up to him.  It's scary how long he ran this con before being found out this time. 

Shane

Their seemed to be a real "everything must go" vibe from Artic Figure's posts on IG over the past month or so, so it does seem like this disappearance was at least somewhat calculated.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shane on December 08, 2023, 01:55:53 PMTheir seemed to be a real "everything must go" vibe from Artic Figure's posts on IG over the past month or so, so it does seem like this disappearance was at least somewhat calculated.

hes probably already planned his next scam by now.

Carnoking

Always thought the work was good but it was either never a priority to me or it exceeded my reach. Guess I was lucky in that regard.

EmperorDinobot

If he really wanted everything gone, I would have captured his Megaraptor before he went m.i.a.

A part of me is glad he's been unmasked AGAIN, but a part of me would have wanted the files for Megaraptor at least. I have been wanting that for over a year now, regardless of who made it.

What a jerk. I really hate scammers.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 09, 2023, 12:56:45 PMIf he really wanted everything gone, I would have captured his Megaraptor before he went m.i.a.

A part of me is glad he's been unmasked AGAIN, but a part of me would have wanted the files for Megaraptor at least. I have been wanting that for over a year now, regardless of who made it.

What a jerk. I really hate scammers.

The problem is you would have paid for it and never received it.

EmperorDinobot

That appears to be the case.

There's some lad named John Silva on social media interested in selling his, but I think he's gonna scam me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 09, 2023, 05:02:31 PMThat appears to be the case.

There's some lad named John Silva on social media interested in selling his, but I think he's gonna scam me.

pay with paypal, if he doesn't ship in an agreed on time with tracking, file a claim.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: