News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 09:03:52 PMWell, I'll stick with what ED reported unless someone can actually show that their information is erroneous.

I do not care what Everything Dinosaurs is reporting. They are not the official spokesperson of Haolonggood. As a matter of fact, I placed my order with Lana Time Shop for the plain brown edition and this is shown as a fully painted model. This was actually the paint scheme that was shown in the very first picture that emerged a while ago. And an unpainted version should actually cost less than a painted one. Yet the price for the variant C is the same as for A and B.

suspsy

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 15, 2023, 10:05:41 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 09:03:52 PMWell, I'll stick with what ED reported unless someone can actually show that their information is erroneous.

I do not care what Everything Dinosaurs is reporting.

You do whatever you want to do.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

vampiredesign

Actually, as I mentioned before, there are many issues with the design process being published and interacting together.Everyone has different opinions, and I have collected a lot of opinions and data to come up with the final adjustment plan and results. Plan A is blue, Plan B is purple, and Plan C is elephant colored.All bookings will come with gifts: foundation (finished, colored) and pterosaur.Perhaps this booking form is quite common in China, but personally, I oppose this approach. This kind of change is quite significant.I will not agree with this approach in the future.
The early release of the color design and later model has exposed many operational issues. I spent more time collecting information for this.Thank you very much for your support. I need some time to organize and organize.Some product upgrades and process changes have problems and errors, but we must try them out. Only with errors can we better discover and solve problems. We apologize for this.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 16, 2023, 02:51:18 AMActually, as I mentioned before, there are many issues with the design process being published and interacting together.Everyone has different opinions, and I have collected a lot of opinions and data to come up with the final adjustment plan and results. Plan A is blue, Plan B is purple, and Plan C is elephant colored.All bookings will come with gifts: foundation (finished, colored) and pterosaur.Perhaps this booking form is quite common in China, but personally, I oppose this approach. This kind of change is quite significant.I will not agree with this approach in the future.
The early release of the color design and later model has exposed many operational issues. I spent more time collecting information for this.Thank you very much for your support. I need some time to organize and organize.Some product upgrades and process changes have problems and errors, but we must try them out. Only with errors can we better discover and solve problems. We apologize for this.
No worries, thank you for the approach all your team at HLG does for research and suggestions. It is very appreciated! It keeps a constant interest on what the community could add to the figure needs and wishes.
I just need for myself a real figure comparison for both Alamosaurus' colourations in order to decide for any of them.  ;)

dragon53

Two questions:

1. So the second "A" (blue) is the definitive production version for the Alamosaurus?

2. Has anyone in the US ordered the "C" version from Lana time and found out what the shipping cost is?

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 16, 2023, 02:51:18 AMActually, as I mentioned before, there are many issues with the design process being published and interacting together.Everyone has different opinions, and I have collected a lot of opinions and data to come up with the final adjustment plan and results. Plan A is blue, Plan B is purple, and Plan C is elephant colored.All bookings will come with gifts: foundation (finished, colored) and pterosaur.Perhaps this booking form is quite common in China, but personally, I oppose this approach. This kind of change is quite significant.I will not agree with this approach in the future.

Thank you very much for clarifying this, this is very much appreciated. Obviously the information on the webpage of Lana Time Shop is correct. I suppose Lana receive their information directly from Haolonggood. Actually I find it very reasonable to organize a pre-order for such large and expensive models. This way Haolonggood can get a better feel for the demand and potentially adjust the number of figures they produce accordingly. The additional items for those who pre-order the model are not really needed in my view, but it is nice of Haolonggood to offer this.

ceratopsian

I shall of course pre-order.  But it is a drawback having seen only a computer rendering of the colour schemes rather than a physical model.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 10:34:02 PM

It's not the first time ED is offering false information. I don't trust them anymore.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 16, 2023, 09:05:30 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 10:34:02 PM

It's not the first time ED is offering false information. I don't trust them anymore.

Indeed this seems to be the case. The result of this is that uncertainty is being created, which potentially could have a negative impact on the success of the pre-sale. Which in turn could have a negative impact on future large sauropod projects by Haolonggood. And so many people on this forum (including myself) would really be happy if these four large models Haolonggood has teased us with would come to life. I simply do not understand what would be the motivation behind ED and their outlets?

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 16, 2023, 08:42:33 AMI shall of course pre-order.  But it is a drawback having seen only a computer rendering of the colour schemes rather than a physical model.

But you could go for the plain brown version because in this case we have seen the pictures of the real figure. And if you would order from Lana Time Shop, I am sure they would be flexible to change your order to another color variant if you like this better. I remember that they offered to modify or even cancel orders when the more yellow-brown color of the Haolonggood Edmontonia was changed to the more reddish one. Another option would be a repaint by one of the well established painting artists in case one does not like any of the final paint applications.

ceratopsian

My personal choice is that I do not like to incorporate large plain figures in my collection. I have one and regret buying it. It stands concealed behind another similar sauropod that Ben Van Steenberge painted for me. Plain browns do not inspire me visually and I want visual appeal in my collection. Everyone has different criteria as to how they collect. Artistic impact is important to me. I realise that you collect quite differently! 

Given the large size and consequent shipping weight of this particular model, sending it off for a repaint is not something I would do.

I'll make a decision in time.

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 16, 2023, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 16, 2023, 08:42:33 AMI shall of course pre-order.  But it is a drawback having seen only a computer rendering of the colour schemes rather than a physical model.

But you could go for the plain brown version because in this case we have seen the pictures of the real figure. And if you would order from Lana Time Shop, I am sure they would be flexible to change your order to another color variant if you like this better. I remember that they offered to modify or even cancel orders when the more yellow-brown color of the Haolonggood Edmontonia was changed to the more reddish one. Another option would be a repaint by one of the well established painting artists in case one does not like any of the final paint applications.

SidB

Quote from: LucasLiu on December 15, 2023, 01:53:30 PM

I'm very pleased with my purchase of HLG's mighty Apatosaurus. However, with the terrific PNSO Alamosaurus  and three big Mamenchisarus'(2x PNSO and CollectA) already in my very crowded displays, I'm not leaning towards getting these new HLG releases, unless I were to radically rethink my dioramas. The same would apply to a Brachiosaurus, as I have the late great Carnegie one in 1/50 scale and a modified and updated Papo.  Still, if they were to make an Argentinosaurus, despite the size and cost, I'd likely take the plunge and get it.

thomasw100

So with what we already know about Haolonggood releases for 2024 this is going to be an expensive year and most of my budget for dinosaur models is probably going to Haolonggood. The Alamosaurus is already ordered and for sure I will be getting the Stegosaurus ungulatus, the Euoplocephalus and this amazingly large Mamenchisaurus. I could not make up my mind to purchase the PNSO Mamenchisaurus because of the size. And my main issue is not that this model is too short but rather that it lacks height. I have the same issue with the Eofauna Diplodocus, which looks wonderful and is well researched but just has not enough height to compare well with other true 1:35 scale sauropods. So in the long run I would hope for a true 1:35 scale Diplodocus and maybe also a Camarasaurus as well. And indeed a true 1:35 Argentinosaurus along the lines of what was in this one teaser image would be a first day purchase as well.

The bottom line is that I am super happy that Haolonggood is bold enough to make these large 1:35 scale models. This means that we have a reasonably affordable option to the super expensive resin models. To put things into perspective, the Argentinosaurus would probably not cost more than 150 USD for the painted model judging from the prize of the Alamosaurus, whereas a painted version of that newly announced Passion Charger Argentinosaurus costs nearly 1000 USD. And the large true 1:35 scale resin model of Alamosaurus available from Lana Time Shop costs 700 USD for the painted version. 

SidB

As always, T @thomasw100 , you bring up the valid point that these true 1/35 scale giants represent great value for what they are and what they cost, over against resin models. And of course, shifting one's finite resources in their direction to make their acquisition possible is a sensible strategy. I can see myself doing that too, albeit on a smaller basis. This past year I largely went in this direction, spending most of my dino discretionary income on HLG and PNSO. Space seems to be even a bigger challenge for me. I can foresee some hard choices ahead - some must go so that others can move in.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 16, 2023, 11:04:56 AM....... . It stands concealed behind another similar sauropod that Ben Van Steenberge painted for me. .......

The thing with figures painted by Ben Van Steenberge is that you have to put them on display! He's just too good :) .

ceratopsian

The vast majority of my dinosaur funds in 2023 was spent on Haolonggood's output. I suspect the same will be the case for 2024.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on December 16, 2023, 01:40:22 PM....... with the terrific PNSO Alamosaurus  and three big Mamenchisarus'(2x PNSO and CollectA) already in my very crowded displays, I'm not leaning towards getting these new HLG releases .......

I can see exactly what you mean, but since these new sauropods will be bigger in about 1:35 I'm afraid I will get weak.
 Furthermore I like HAOLONGGOOD's sauropod style a lot. Not sure if I'll keep the CollectA figures after their release.

thomasw100

To be honest I still hope that the increasing success of the Haolonggood large sauropod models starting from the Apatosaurus and culminating for now in the Alamosaurus and soon also Mamenchisaurus will also encourage PNSO to produce a few sauropods in 1:35 style. Their Alamosaurus, although somewhat on the small end (I am OK with this one because the model conforms closely to one of the recorded fossil specimens and because this model has a good height), has nevertheless shown what potential they have. The sculpt is amazingly rich and detailed. The paint application at first sight might appear a bit simple, but upon closer look one can see the true beauty and subtle details of this as well.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 16, 2023, 04:34:05 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 16, 2023, 01:40:22 PM....... with the terrific PNSO Alamosaurus  and three big Mamenchisarus'(2x PNSO and CollectA) already in my very crowded displays, I'm not leaning towards getting these new HLG releases .......

I can see exactly what you mean, but since these new sauropods will be bigger in about 1:35 I'm afraid I will get weak.
 Furthermore I like HAOLONGGOOD's sauropod style a lot. Not sure if I'll keep the CollectA figures after their release.
Following Dr Who, I'm going to need a condo that's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, if I'm going to continue getting these colossal  figures. I'm certainly going to have to overcome my sentimentality and let go of some ( or many) of my old favorites.

vampiredesign

Thank you very much for your understanding. In the future, I will discuss optimizing these aspects with the company. A new appetizer has arrived again. I mentioned before that there will be some side dishes before everyone comes.^_^ (Don't worry about sauropod dinosaurs, they will always come.1:35)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: