News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTB Review Schedule

Started by suspsy, December 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Prehistory Resurrection

It was actually this Clementoni 4 in 1 Super Color Jurassic World Dominion puzzle. Just got this. Thanks though.

Prehistory Resurrection

Hello, I would like to reserve the Dino Trackers Track N Attack Indoraptor if possible. Thanks. The backstory of how I got it is unbelievable yet incredible.

EmperorDinobot

Let me guess, you got a faulty Diabloceratops that originally cost $9.99 on a sale, but the Mattel shop didn't have it, and sent you that instead?

'coz that almost happened to me, but I was adamant about Diabloceratops, and they sent me $9.99, which didn't cover shipping, and the sale had ended XD

I say go ahead, don't think anyone has claimed it since it's kind of a repaint. I'd like to hear the story.

FYI, I'm posting a review today. God willing.

Fembrogon

My review for the Papo Kronosaurus is coming along very nicely and should be ready before week's end, in case anyone wants to publish a review ahead of me (by all means, since I already posted just the other day).

Gwangi

I just posted this past weekend so there won't be a review from me for another 11 days or so.

EmperorDinobot

I;ll begin writing reviews for JW Masiakasaurus, Pitatnitzkysaurus and Xuanhanosaurus.

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 07, 2021, 05:46:18 AMCould I reserve the Marx pot-bellied T. rex, Struthiomimus and Kronosaurus? I'll have some time in the next few months in which to write.

Alright avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono, I'm calling you out, do you still plan on reviewing these? It would be nice to finally get the last three Marx figures on the blog. If you don't plan on doing it, I will. It has been over two years.  ;)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on January 06, 2024, 11:00:31 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on October 07, 2021, 05:46:18 AMCould I reserve the Marx pot-bellied T. rex, Struthiomimus and Kronosaurus? I'll have some time in the next few months in which to write.

Alright avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono, I'm calling you out, do you still plan on reviewing these? It would be nice to finally get the last three Marx figures on the blog. If you don't plan on doing it, I will. It has been over two years.  ;)

Ah yes, thank you for the reminder. It's been a busy couple years now that I have a two year old and a new house. I'm going to make this a focus as I've compiled a lot of interesting, unique information about these two figures.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 06, 2024, 11:10:49 PM

Ah yes, thank you for the reminder. It's been a busy couple years now that I have a two year old and a new house. I'm going to make this a focus as I've compiled a lot of interesting, unique information about these two figures.

Alright, well getting all the Marx figures on the blog was a bit of a passion project of mine in 2020-2021 and I very nearly had reached that goal when you reserved the remaining three. I don't care who writes about them, just that they're on there. I expect your reviews will be worth the wait.  O:-)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2024, 12:30:33 AM

Alright, well getting all the Marx figures on the blog was a bit of a passion project of mine in 2020-2021 and I very nearly had reached that goal when you reserved the remaining three. I don't care who writes about them, just that they're on there. I expect your reviews will be worth the wait.  O:-)

I sincerely hope so. In that time I've read several books about the figures and the images and remains that inspired them, driven thousands of miles to visit the Peabody murals and the Harvard Kronosaurus skeleton, and interviewed key people related to these two Marx figures. I have some exciting revelations. But perhaps I have delved too deep into the research at the expense of actually writing the darn things! Same could be said for the books I'm planning to write, haha. You said there were three missing Marx, but I believe I only reserved two. What was the third?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 07, 2024, 02:21:33 AM

I sincerely hope so. In that time I've read several books about the figures and the images and remains that inspired them, driven thousands of miles to visit the Peabody murals and the Harvard Kronosaurus skeleton, and interviewed key people related to these two Marx figures. I have some exciting revelations. But perhaps I have delved too deep into the research at the expense of actually writing the darn things! Same could be said for the books I'm planning to write, haha. You said there were three missing Marx, but I believe I only reserved two. What was the third?

You have the Struthiomimus listed in the post I quoted.

Truthfully there are probably more qualified collectors out there (such as yourself) that should be covering these figures for the blog but after nearly a decade without any Marx reviews I just took it upon myself to make it happen. I'm by no means an expert but I thought my reviews were acceptable. I just wish I got Pfeiffer's book earlier on. Anyway, looking forward to your reviews, but if it takes another couple of years I'm just going to do it myself.  :P

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2024, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 07, 2024, 02:21:33 AM

You have the Struthiomimus listed in the post I quoted.

Truthfully there are probably more qualified collectors out there (such as yourself) that should be covering these figures for the blog but after nearly a decade without any Marx reviews I just took it upon myself to make it happen. I'm by no means an expert but I thought my reviews were acceptable. I just wish I got Pfeiffer's book earlier on. Anyway, looking forward to your reviews, but if it takes another couple of years I'm just going to do it myself.  :P

Oh, silly me, there are three. I do own the original clay model of the Struthiomimus that all the rest were cast from, found in the attic of a former Marx employee. I've also corresponded with Rudolph Zallinger's daughter and discovered the fate of the original art on which it was based (a painting of Protoceratops and "Oviraptor"). Stay tuned!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Hi there! I'm interested in trying my hand at writing my review and I'm curious if there would be a way to submit one as a guest or not.

suspsy

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 29, 2024, 05:48:01 PMHi there! I'm interested in trying my hand at writing my review and I'm curious if there would be a way to submit one as a guest or not.

What did you want to review?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Right now I had hlg's Sinoceratops, pnso's new spino, and era Terra's patago in mind, but I also have a few others I just ordered that would be fun to review as well.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Update: I just finished a first draft of a Sinoceratops review that I can send over dms to take a look at if anyone wants, I also figured I should probably mention avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 29, 2024, 10:58:23 PMUpdate: I just finished a first draft of a Sinoceratops review that I can send over dms to take a look at if anyone wants, I also figured I should probably mention avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

Great, thank you! Please could you email it to [email protected] with the photos as attachments? avatar_suspsy @suspsy can then take a look at it and get it posted on the blog if it's all in order. :)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Thank you! Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get images yet, but I should be able to over the weekend. Would it be possible to send it via private messages instead? I try to keep my email private as much as possible, if not that's fine!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 29, 2024, 11:25:48 PMThank you! Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get images yet, but I should be able to over the weekend. Would it be possible to send it via private messages instead? I try to keep my email private as much as possible, if not that's fine!

If avatar_suspsy @suspsy is okay with that you can pm him, he mostly looks after the guest reviews.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: