News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 03, 2024, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Tyrannosaurus rex 2.0

Megalodon

Giganotosaurus 2.0
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SenSx

Oh wow, a Megalodon ?
We alwready have some good ones I think, so this time I hope it's a 1/35 scale (well a possible 1/35 size, there must be many estimations).

Sim

I too would like a 1:35 scale megalodon.  I wonder if this one will be in that scale?  While I appreciate W-dragon making figures that aren't of the Jurassic Park franchise animals, I don't understand why they made this new Tyrannosaurus's teeth hang out of their sockets?

Flaffy

Quote from: Renecito on January 03, 2024, 01:11:01 PMMegalodon

Sculpt looks promising so far, we'll see if the rest of the body follows through.

SenSx

Quote from: Sim on January 03, 2024, 08:53:20 PMI too would like a 1:35 scale megalodon.  I wonder if this one will be in that scale?  While I appreciate W-dragon making figures that aren't of the Jurassic Park franchise animals, I don't understand why they made this new Tyrannosaurus's teeth hang out of their sockets?

They kinda did like Rebor with their Kiss and Tusk figures, first they made their rex with lips, and now lipless.

Over9K

Quote from: Sim on January 03, 2024, 08:53:20 PMI too would like a 1:35 scale megalodon.  I wonder if this one will be in that scale?  While I appreciate W-dragon making figures that aren't of the Jurassic Park franchise animals, I don't understand why they made this new Tyrannosaurus's teeth hang out of their sockets?

They're fleshing the Stan skull as it appears today. Why they are doing this, I have no idea...

I'm still compelled to get this one, tho.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 04, 2024, 12:25:55 PM

They're fleshing the Stan skull as it appears today. Why they are doing this, I have no idea...

I'm still compelled to get this one, tho.

I think it's the same ignorance that lead to the new Mattel JW Rex coming out everyone is hating on.

dragon53

Is the Megalodon connected to the movie?

SenSx

Interesting, they are also making a lipped version of their giganotosaurus.

Loved their previous model, don't know if I'd prefer this one.

Abobo

MEGALODON 2024 - what a shot!

Abobo

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Gonna be honest, I definitely prefer itoy's. Something about this one just looks off.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a really nice looking over sized Great White.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

To me the shape and texture just look uncanny and unnatural.

Flaffy

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 03, 2024, 01:28:48 AMTo me the shape and texture just look uncanny and unnatural.

idk the texture looks fine to me. Especially since O. megalodon is many times bigger than Great Whites. Shapewise the blunter rostrum is consistent with morphology extrapolated from (fragmentary) fossil evidence and close relatives. I don't see how it is unnatural.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2024, 12:35:12 AMIt's a really nice looking over sized Great White.

I'm feeling more Bull Shark, than Great White.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on February 03, 2024, 04:42:41 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2024, 12:35:12 AMIt's a really nice looking over sized Great White.

I'm feeling more Bull Shark, than Great White.

That might be part of the over sized part, it's bulky or over muscled?

Carnoking

I almost prefer this one to IToy's. Feels a bit less "big great white" to me.

Then again, I probably wouldn't spring for either, just reiterate my hope that either or both companies make a Livyatan to go along with it!  >:D

JohannesB

Quote from: Renecito on January 03, 2024, 01:11:01 PMTyrannosaurus rex 2.0

Strange with those teeth, because in last years' version they did put them back in their sockets, and they explicitly gave a reason why. Different research team this time?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JohannesB on February 09, 2024, 06:33:52 PM
Quote from: Renecito on January 03, 2024, 01:11:01 PMTyrannosaurus rex 2.0

Strange with those teeth, because in last years' version they did put them back in their sockets, and they explicitly gave a reason why. Different research team this time?

I think they are just pandering to a specific group that does like the look.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: