News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 03, 2024, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

W-Dragon announced that they will start releasing a line of scientifically accurate models named Stratum Records. Was reported by Paleofiguras. Seems like this will start with a T-rex.

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 13, 2024, 08:35:05 AM...... Seems like this will start with a T-rex.

... which is quite tiresome.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 13, 2024, 08:58:24 AM... which is quite tiresome.

I thought the same, but that first picture seems to feature a few more species. OK we see the usual suspects like Giganotosaurus, T-rex, Carnotaurus, but there is also a Brachiosaurus. I would not mind a reasonably accurate Brachiosaurus in 1:35 scale and with the paint quality of W-Dragon models. OK we will most likely get a Brachiosaurus from Haolonggood, but this could be an interesting option as well. The picture with the T-rex does suggest that the figure might come with a skull like PNSO does for some of their museum line models. If W-Dragon would do this for all models in that line, this would be nice.

In any case, this will be an expensive year. With 30 new models from Halonggood including 4 large sauropods, then probably some 10-15 from PNSO and now potentially some 5-10 from W-Dragon, this sounds like somewhere near 50 models for the entire year.

Concavenator

Wasn't W-Dragon's Stan meant to be an accurate Tyrannosaurus already? :P Another one, really?

EDIT - OK, nevermind, I asked Paleofiguras and they told me the previous Tyrannosaurus (Stan) is included in this line, so I don't think they will be making another (or will they?!).

Leyster

T @thomasw100 it looks like they simply "retconned" their previous models into this line. The Brachiosaurus is a Giraffatitan they released some years ago, same with the Allosaurus, Giganotosaurus, the Stan Tyrannosaurus and their Retro Tyrannosaurus.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Abobo

Give us the Megalodon already

Blade-of-the-Moon

In that lighting, the Rex looks a bit like the life size one Dan Lorusso built for the Boston Museum of Science.

Mattyonyx

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but I asked my contact from W-Dragon. He confirmed that Stratum Records is just a way of separating their original creations (and yes, even the pop-culture ones like Retro T. rex or Giganotosaurus) from the licensed products.

Abobo

Abobo

SenSx

This Megalodon seems really hard yo order.
The remaining one are overpriced, and I don't know if I want to get this one or the Itoy, did not even get the time to think about it.

Abobo

Oh I was about to ask the question.
I can't find it on aliexpress for a shipping to my country :/

PS : I prefer this one to the IToy which looks like an oversized Great white shark

Over9K

Quote from: Abobo on June 19, 2024, 10:40:27 AMOh I was about to ask the question.
I can't find it on aliexpress for a shipping to my country :/

PS : I prefer this one to the IToy which looks like an oversized Great white shark

Sugo Toys in Australia has it on Pre-Order for a 24Q3 delivery. I just ordered mine, shipped to Tennessee for ~$180USD.

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/wdra242598/

Turkeysaurus

Is this the meg from movie/book? Or just megalodon?

Abobo

thank you for the link!
Ordered!

Abobo

SenSx

Thanks for the link.
I will wait for comparaison with the Itoy before choosing.

DerbesSchuhwerk

Uncanny.

Primeval12

Spoiler
I am mature...I am mature...I am mature...I am mature...
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: