News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Old forum banners

Started by DinoToyForum, January 16, 2013, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2024, 02:10:12 PMOh wow. I imagine that precarity influenced the decision to move in the first place (before my time so I never knew).

It did. Also, Proboards puts ads on their sites to make money, but they don't allow the people who run the forums to put their own ads up. So, I figured if there were ads on the Dinosaur Toy Forum then I should be responsible for them, so I could choose where and when they appear, and that could pay for the fees for self-hosting. I regret not moving sooner but the idea of setting up my own forum at the time was daunting and I knew it would mean essentially building the community from scratch, so there was a risk the whole endeavour could collapse. So I dilly-dallied. It is so much better to be in full control though, not beholden to a relatively large corporate entity.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 02, 2017, 08:23:37 PMI also prefer the classic version.

Wasn't there a banner at some point with a Battat diplodocus and Bullyland deinotherium on it?

You are actually not 100% wrong there. I did make one. But it was not used for long.

Back in 2011 I was the one who suggested updating the banner and also, did the new banner myself, which was the one with the Papo Styracosaurus.

Then approaching 2012, DTF suggested I made a new one, since he liked my job on the previous one.

So instead of just making a single version, I started playing with possibilities, and posting them for people to give their feedback, so the new banner would be a team work, with input from members. And here is the banner with "rarities", several older models that at the time were rare and very sought after. But in the end I think folks consider it too lackluster, lacking colors and more dinos, after all it was the DTF and not Prehistoric MAmmal Toy Forum  ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 04, 2024, 07:29:18 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 02, 2017, 08:23:37 PMI also prefer the classic version.

Wasn't there a banner at some point with a Battat diplodocus and Bullyland deinotherium on it?

You are actually not 100% wrong there. I did make one. But it was not used for long.

Back in 2011 I was the one who suggested updating the banner and also, did the new banner myself, which was the one with the Papo Styracosaurus.

Then approaching 2012, DTF suggested I made a new one, since he liked my job on the previous one.

So instead of just making a single version, I started playing with possibilities, and posting them for people to give their feedback, so the new banner would be a team work, with input from members. And here is the banner with "rarities", several older models that at the time were rare and very sought after. But in the end I think folks consider it too lackluster, lacking colors and more dinos, after all it was the DTF and not Prehistoric MAmmal Toy Forum  ;D

Isn't it mad to think this was 12 years ago. :o

I always liked your designs with the plants placed as a kind of border.

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro That's it! I thought I saw it somewhere but I must have misremembered since it wasn't used.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.