News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I saw them.  Love the green version - but it is already sold, and amazon.com won't deliver these to the UK.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The green version actually makes me want to buy the model . very nice paint.

I think any further discussion of species might make for a dedicated thread, if there isn't one.  I keep coming here looking for HLG updates and not seeing any just species discussions. Pretty sure other members feel the same?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Just saw the green dacentrurus and would love to pick it up but I can't seem to see where, does anyone know how one gets a hold of the designer edition models?

Abobo

Cretaceous Hunter

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 10, 2024, 08:24:20 PMJust saw the green dacentrurus and would love to pick it up but I can't seem to see where, does anyone know how one gets a hold of the designer edition models?

As far as I can tell these are extremely limited runs that are released in quantities of less than 10 only through Amazon US. They seem to sell out within the first hour or two of their announcement.

Quote from: vampiredesign on March 12, 2024, 05:36:43 AMIt's 30 types, not colors. Regarding the color aspect, I am already arranging a new paint studio on my end. I will lead the new designer style color and the only painting. This way, everyone has more choices and there will be more color options for other design styles to choose from. So this year's work will be even busier.
I believe this year will definitely be a year that everyone is satisfied with. Everyone will get their own satisfactory collection. We will work hard for this. Thank you very much for your support.

V @vampiredesign mentioned that they are leading the expansion of their designer line. So hopefully that means there will be more options and availability of these figures in the near future.

Abobo

thebermuda303

Quote from: Abobo on April 10, 2024, 08:42:39 PM

That green dacentrurus makes me want something with horizontal stripes, we don't see things like that very often.
Also wonder when next release is going to drop.

Sim

I have no interest in the Edmonotosaurus and Mamenchisaurus figures, although I recognise they are very well-made.  I'm eagerly awaiting a figure I am interested in from Haolonggood!  I expect the next two releases will be the Mamenchisaurus (as painted prototypes of it have been shown) and the Stegosaurus (as an unpainted prototype has been shown, although I think it is for the 1:20 version, still the 1:35 version must be close too if the larger version was shown, I think).  The Haolonggood Stegosaurus ungulatus and Dacentrurus will go so well together, the two largest stegosaurians!  I can barely wait to get the Stego!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I feel like the euoplocephalus might be closer than the stegosaurus as we saw an unpainted prototype last year.

Sim

Oh yes, the prototype for the Euoplocephalus was shown before the Stegosaurus's wasn't it?  I am interested in the Euoplocephalus too.  Since a physical prototype of Haolonggood's Stegosaurus has been shown, I'm expecting the Stego soon though.

thebermuda303

I'd love to see saichania as soon as possible but realistically speaking I do think it'll take a little while until it releases.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 10, 2024, 02:21:46 PMSome interesting pictures appeared on the Haolonggood Facebook account. They look like two designer editions of the Dacentrurus.

It's true, we don't see many color schemes depicting horizontal stripes. I wonder if this is simply artistic choice or could there be a survival bias against that , versus vertical ones?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SidB on April 10, 2024, 10:38:27 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on April 10, 2024, 02:21:46 PMSome interesting pictures appeared on the Haolonggood Facebook account. They look like two designer editions of the Dacentrurus.

It's true, we don't see many color schemes depicting horizontal stripes. I wonder if this is simply artistic choice or could there be a survival bias against that , versus vertical ones?

From my understanding vertical stripes are somewhat more beneficial as they better mimic the shadows of a forest environment, but horizontal stripes are definitely still underrepresented in terms of figures.

Sim

Quote from: thebermuda303 on April 10, 2024, 10:30:50 PMI'd love to see saichania as soon as possible but realistically speaking I do think it'll take a little while until it releases.
I'm very eager to have the Saichania too!  I've let go of my Schleich one after remembering that its neck armour is inaccurate, as well as the feet.  I had been hoping someone would make a good Saichania and Haolonggood has come to the rescue!

Primeval12

I was just about to order the Dacenturus but I think I need to hold off for the designer one now. That stripe is gorgeous. Kind of like the Mattel Guabisaurus but done SO much better!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Primeval12 on April 11, 2024, 07:24:48 PMI was just about to order the Dacenturus but I think I need to hold off for the designer one now. That stripe is gorgeous. Kind of like the Mattel Guabisaurus but done SO much better!
Unfortunately it seems like the designer models are already sold out.

ceratopsian

These are custom paint jobs of the "toy" line models, produced individually, not an item for general sale. They turn up on Amazon.com occasionally and you need to buy immediately before someone else does.

Quote from: Primeval12 on April 11, 2024, 07:24:48 PMI was just about to order the Dacenturus but I think I need to hold off for the designer one now. That stripe is gorgeous. Kind of like the Mattel Guabisaurus but done SO much better!

SidB

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 11, 2024, 07:26:54 PM
Unfortunately it seems like the designer models are already sold out.
No surprise there!

cryolophosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice!  I think Brown is my go to this time but I do like Green it just doesn't fit my mental image of Mamenchi though. A grey sort of Safari tribute would have been sweet.

Is it me or does the brown look more compact in the torso than the others? Maybe the angle?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: