News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CHAOS THEORY

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, November 06, 2023, 06:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on May 03, 2024, 07:17:59 PMIn the case of carnotaurus, it was actually originally gonna be in jp3, but they replaced it with ceratosaurus when Disney's Dinosaur came out.

It's also in The Lost World novel and the Kenner toy line. Carnotaurus has long been a part of the franchise. The popularity of Pachyrhinosaurus is more likely a result of the WWD movie as it was barely in Disney's Dinosaur.

CityRaptor

Yep. Didn't the infamous holes in the Sinoceratops frill start out as a hommage to Patchi from that movie?

I also would not be surprised if the inclusion of several species, especially from Dominion, is the result of them being featured in the Kenner toyline. Notably only a few species originally introduced in the Kenner toyline are missing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 04, 2024, 12:18:45 AMYep. Didn't the infamous holes in the Sinoceratops frill start out as a hommage to Patchi from that movie?

I also would not be surprised if the inclusion of several species, especially from Dominion, is the result of them being featured in the Kenner toyline. Notably only a few species originally introduced in the Kenner toyline are missing.

It was originally supposed to be a Pachy in Fallen Kingdom but it was changed last minute. That's why we have a Mattel Pachy labeled Sinoceratops.

CityRaptor

I know. Including the hole in the frill being a shoutout to Patchi from WWD.
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

Dan Surprise's video on the new Chaos Theory Captivz Eggs as well as the new Chaos Theory Mattel figures;

Flaffy

Interesting how the Captivz Pachyrhinosaurus has the mid-frill spikes like P. lakustai. The show design from what we've seen either lacks them or depicts a different individual.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

HD-man

Quoting Jurassic Outpost ( https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx012PacpSsdoeKzI0I0UHWFgO-98uRlbO ):
QuoteOn June 4th 'Jurassic World Chaos Theory, Volume One: The Junior Novelization' will be released!

According to junior novelization listings and Mattel Italy, the second season of Chaos Theory should be coming between August and September of this year - how excited are you to watch the FIRST season of CHAOS THEORY on May 24th?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looking forward to it, seems like a lot more involved story this time.

CityRaptor

So that is what Yaz is up to. Seems like a good project.

Can't say that about the comment section.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 16, 2024, 10:52:37 PM
So that is what Yaz is up to. Seems like a good project.

It's an interesting idea, immersion therapy. I don't think anyone would start with the Tyrannosaur though.. lol

HD-man

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 16, 2024, 10:52:37 PMSo that is what Yaz is up to. Seems like a good project.

Why not link to the OG clip instead of Swrve's channel? In any case, I recommend avoiding Swrve. To quote Blade-of-the-Moon, "I stopped listening to Swrve's videos awhile back. He makes up things just to make a video and get views. His information is more personal theory than anything" ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7736.msg306365#msg306365 ). As you can see, I realized that independently when I watched Swrve's CC S4 review in which he makes matter-of-fact statements about what does(n't) fit/make sense for the overarching story based on nothing but personal (dis)likes.

Quiversaurus

I used to watch Swrve then I realised his content is a lot less intriguing than others', so I've stopped.

I mainly watch Evolution Square now, and some BestinSlot.

Primeval12

Shoot, this gets DARK

CityRaptor

Guess there is a Moby Dick situation....

Oh, and there is another official clip, which leads to the one above.

Quote from: HD-man on May 17, 2024, 09:16:18 AMWhy not link to the OG clip instead of Swrve's channel? In any case, I recommend avoiding Swrve. To quote Blade-of-the-Moon, "I stopped listening to Swrve's videos awhile back. He makes up things just to make a video and get views. His information is more personal theory than anything" ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7736.msg306365#msg306365 ). As you can see, I realized that independently when I watched Swrve's CC S4 review in which he makes matter-of-fact statements about what does(n't) fit/make sense for the overarching story based on nothing but personal (dis)likes.

Oh, yeah, did not search for that video. And since it was an official one rather than one made by Swrve, I thought it did not really matter.  But yeah, yours is better.
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

Pachyrhinosaurus vs Allosaurus clip. Allosaurus likes to pick up fights with ceratopsians by what I see; Nasutoceratops from Battle At Big Rock and now Pachyrhinosaurus.

Prehistory Resurrection

First Episode (full). Credit: Eon Dude Youtube Channel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Full episodes and a full series review by Jurassic Outpost already..it's not even out yet?  Gonna be hard to avoid spoilers.

HD-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 18, 2024, 04:32:38 PMFull episodes and a full series review by Jurassic Outpost already..it's not even out yet?  Gonna be hard to avoid spoilers.

To be fair, it's only the 1st ep & the review doesn't spoil "any major plot points".

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still feels early..three more days and I can binge the whole thing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: