News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CHAOS THEORY

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, November 06, 2023, 06:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-man

This was posted by Stefan Salvatierra in the "Official Camp Cretaceous and Chaos Theory Fan Group". I commented, "Not my favorite art style (especially for Sammy & Darius). Otherwise, I really like this portrayal of grief (especially for anger & bargaining). It's not the 1 person over time portrayal I usually see, but 5 ppl grieving at the same time, each in their own character-consistent way, before finally coming together in acceptance":

On a related note, the 4/30 trailer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftbjh-3OsuA ) & the Darius/Ben clip ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZg9i-rwCkU ) reminded me of these Wobbly Works videos & I couldn't help but think something like, "Imagine how much cooler/scarier the Atrociraptor scenes would be if the raptors were better designed/more scientifically accurate". That's not to say I don't appreciate how very-good-to-great CC & CT are, especially given what they had to work w/, just that they deserve SO much better than what they had to work w/:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Prehistory Resurrection

Clips are already out;

Credit: The_Rexy Youtube Channel

Prehistory Resurrection

Credit: Netflix After School Youtube Channel

CityRaptor

Official version of the Nasutoceratops clip:
I wonder if those are the same ones as the family from "Battle at Big Rock"

Official theory video:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Where do we talk about this, is there a spoiler thread or what?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dilopho on May 24, 2024, 11:22:30 PMWhere do we talk about this, is there a spoiler thread or what?

You can put spoiler tags around your comments so they are hidden. see the big red "s" above ^

Faelrin

Just watched the first episode. Gonna try to spread the series out some to have it last. Man that first episode went hard though. Most of what was in the trailer was shown here such as (minor spoilers but nothing the trailer didn't make light of):

Spoiler
-The Pachyrhinosaurus
-Darius meeting up with Ben
-The Allosaurus running out in front of the car
-Dairus and Ben getting attacked by the Atrociraptor

They really didn't go light on the grief the characters are dealing with especially Darius. The denial, the self blame, the anger, and the depression. Stages of grief hit hard. Even if it seems like an obvious trope, it really isn't. This hits hard for me in a way because I've experienced it before.

[close]
Really solid and mature first episode. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Only question is does this take place before Dominion or after?

Spoiler
Like I'd automatically suspect Soyona Santos (because Atrociraptor obviously) and Dodgson to be behind trying to hunt them down after the last season of Camp Cretaceous. Edit: If this is before Dominion.
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

Question regarding the Atrociraptors

Spoiler
Did Tiger changer colors during the attack at the halfway house? Or was it the lighting?
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just finished the last episode ( afraid of spoilers (already saw some)) but I'm definitely up for a rewatch.

I want to say this pre Dominion? But still not 100% sure.

Spoiler
Mantah Corp went under and Dodgson/Biosyn would actually have the dinosaurs being sent to them legally by Dominion for their reserve. I feel like maybe there is another party involved?  They mention the dinos are going all over the world. Just no clear answer. Sort of felt like a rehash of FK?
[close]

Not going to spoil anything but man I loved this more than Dominion easy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Primeval12 on May 25, 2024, 06:39:42 AMQuestion regarding the Atrociraptors

Spoiler
Did Tiger changer colors during the attack at the halfway house? Or was it the lighting?
[close]

Spoiler
I'd have to go back and watch again, it could be lighting or maybe an fx glitch?  There are only three Atrociraptors as well and there should be four?
[close]

HD-man

IDK if I ever had a favorite JP/JW villain before (maybe if Roland counts), but I definitely do now! To use an Arcane quote...:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Prehistory Resurrection

Chaos Theory clips of major events happening to two protagonists;

Spoiler
Bumpy ensures the continuity of her species;

Could Brooklyn be dead or not?;
[close]

Mod note: These clips are VERY spoilery. Add spoiler tags.

Pliosaurking

I just watched the whole show. Here's a brief pretty much spoiler free rundown:
I thought it was alright, some scenes were very good and some were eh..
Some of the new dinosaur models are really good looking. The ending was honestly for me at least kinda to be expected. All in all I'm interested in seeing the next season.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 25, 2024, 02:53:08 PMI just watched the whole show. Here's a brief pretty much spoiler free rundown:
I thought it was alright, some scenes were very good and some were eh..
Some of the new dinosaur models are really good looking. The ending was honestly for me at least kinda to be expected. All in all I'm interested in seeing the next season.

I was on the edge of my seat quite a bit. It was also more thrilling I think than the previous seasons? What age would you say this is for? I think the previous CC was ok for ages 6 and up? This one I just think was a lot higher?

Ending was what I thought but it had me doubting my guesses frequently.

Dilopho

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 25, 2024, 06:43:20 AM
Quote from: Primeval12 on May 25, 2024, 06:39:42 AMQuestion regarding the Atrociraptors

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'd have to go back and watch again, it could be lighting or maybe an fx glitch?  There are only three Atrociraptors as well and there should be four?
[close]

Spoiler
I haven't gone back to check, but I'm pretty sure Darius and Ben talk about the Atrociraptors camoflauging. So they probably change the colour of their skin to match their environment.
I'm so happy with how the Atrociraptors were done, they really do feel different to the Velociraptors and the whistle control is so much better than a laser pointer. You can use a whistle to give way more complex commands, and they don't have to be close by to watch for a laser pointer. I did think it was funny how many times they tried to go for their targets directly through an object though, they get too excited over the hunt to think rationally sometimes.
[close]

Dilopho

One scene I didn't really get:
Spoiler
Why does Darius release the Allosaurus and guide it to the T. rex? I don't get it... Just to try and get the Atrociraptors killed? It didn't really seem to help. Or was he trying to get it killed by Big Eatie because of his grudge against it?
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dilopho on May 25, 2024, 05:03:26 PMOne scene I didn't really get:
Spoiler
Why does Darius release the Allosaurus and guide it to the T. rex? I don't get it... Just to try and get the Atrociraptors killed? It didn't really seem to help. Or was he trying to get it killed by Big Eatie because of his grudge against it?
[close]

Spoiler
I felt like it was more about causing more chaos? I'll have to watch it again, but it seemed like all three Atrociraptors weren't totally focused on the Rex. Maybe the Allo gave them another target?  Didn't it get revealed the Allosaurus didn't attack Brooklyn? It was the Atrociraptors that did and wounded her. 
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dilopho on May 25, 2024, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 25, 2024, 06:43:20 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I haven't gone back to check, but I'm pretty sure Darius and Ben talk about the Atrociraptors camoflauging. So they probably change the colour of their skin to match their environment.
I'm so happy with how the Atrociraptors were done, they really do feel different to the Velociraptors and the whistle control is so much better than a laser pointer. You can use a whistle to give way more complex commands, and they don't have to be close by to watch for a laser pointer. I did think it was funny how many times they tried to go for their targets directly through an object though, they get too excited over the hunt to think rationally sometimes.
[close]

Spoiler
They were quite vicious just like in Dominion. It's a big change from Blue and the Raptor Squad who are almost too intelligent. These felt more like the LW Raptors.  They just attack without thinking. Their handler was something of a raptor herself..albeit in human form. lol
[close]

Pliosaurking

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I'd say it's definitely for a higher age group although it is definitely lower than the live action age rating. Definitely darker than CC.

Dilopho

I'm a little confused, the
Spoiler
Suchomimus
[close]
in the show is blue and brown, but in the cards and trailer it's yellow and red...?
And it's not just the lighting, somebody posted pics of the model for it and the model is blue.
Maybe there's a second one for the next part?

Trailer:
Spoiler
[close]

Card:
Spoiler
[close]

3D Model:
Spoiler
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: