News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-release of Kaiyodo Dinoland kits

Started by Halichoeres, May 08, 2024, 05:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Four vinyl (i.e. hollow PVC) kits appeared on HobbySearch recently, including the iconic Camarasaurus and Maiasaura by Shinobu Matsumura:

They also have a Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops, but I didn't bother with screen grabs of those.

Link to Maiasaura: https://1999.co.jp/eng/11085695
Camarasaurus: https://1999.co.jp/eng/11085612
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

Many were rereleased.
That is called 'Kaiyodo Space Factory Nankoku' ( 海洋堂スペースファクトリーなんこく  ) -
Here's a direct link to their Dino store for online purchases.

They have been shown for quite a while at the Kaiyodo store.
some publications on the subject.
and the factory museum models exhibition.

From the Factory museun :

The complete rereleased lineup shown on the new store :

Store shelves :

New boxes 1 :

New boxes 2 :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow, there a few of those I'd like to pick up.  Looks like they don't ship outside of Japan though?

BrontoScorpio

I would recomand THIS shopping service :

Just for the sake of the example - I added some 3 random dinosaur items from this shop to my cart - and a few minutes later - I got a QUOTE I can pay -
and they will send it to me abroad

Blackdanter

Are these all kits or are some pre made?

Also, I don't remember this one before. Anyone know what it is?

Elengassen

Quote from: Blackdanter on May 09, 2024, 06:04:11 PMAre these all kits or are some pre made?

The Japanese text says 'Iguanodon'.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2024, 09:45:37 PMWow, there a few of those I'd like to pick up.  Looks like they don't ship outside of Japan though?

Hobby Search has a few of them, perhaps they'll stock the others as well. I'd like to grab a couple of those Allosaurus...

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Blackdanter on May 09, 2024, 06:04:11 PMAre these all kits or are some pre made?

Yes, These are all kits.
There are no pre-made in the rerelease.

The Iguanodon ,along with the smaller Stegosaurus, belong to an earlier edition of Kaiyodo soft vinyl kits -
see the two bottom right figures from my Catalog :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on May 09, 2024, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2024, 09:45:37 PMWow, there a few of those I'd like to pick up.  Looks like they don't ship outside of Japan though?

Hobby Search has a few of them, perhaps they'll stock the others as well. I'd like to grab a couple of those Allosaurus...

I own three of them myself, the original release and the two green/yellow prepainted variants. They are all pretty awesome one of my favorite Allos.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2024, 03:58:24 AM
Quote from: Over9K on May 09, 2024, 07:35:43 PMHobby Search has a few of them, perhaps they'll stock the others as well. I'd like to grab a couple of those Allosaurus...

I already showed you how you can buy them regardless if they show up in the Hobby search.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2024, 03:58:24 AMI own three of them myself, the original release and the two green/yellow prepainted variants. They are all pretty awesome one of my favorite Allos.

The green/yellow prepainted variants are a 2012 eddition under the DYNOTALES brand -

For me, as a collector, I prefer the original premade eddition from the mid 90's -
I think only my Elasmosaurus ( built by myself ) and some at the right corner, came as kits -

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have the premade Allo from the 90's in blue an the Yellow and Green reissues, the teeth and some head details are better than the original atleast to me.

I have the Elasmosaurus and built it from a kit. I did have the Brachio as a kit as well but had it built by another artist.

I think the ones I really want are the Ankylosaurus and Tylosaurus.  Don Glut has a few in his collection that very early and rare, sort of based off Will Stout's art I'd love to find.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2024, 07:47:23 AM... the teeth and some head details are better than the original atleast to me.
I noticed it also - But I think the rerelease has larger and fewer teeth - which I don't like

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2024, 07:47:23 AM... I did have the Brachio as a kit as well but had it built by another artist.
That one is the most impressive.
I bet it wasn't an easy task to reconstruct - as the soft vinyl in this case is extremely thick

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2024, 07:47:23 AMI think the ones I really want are the Ankylosaurus and Tylosaurus.
I'm sure there is no Tylosaurus in the original 'Kaiyodo Dinoland kits' from the mid 90's which this thread is about.
maybe you refer to an older Resin kit - is it the big green one in the middle holding a trilobite in its mouth ?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2024, 07:47:23 AMDon Glut has a few in his collection that very early and rare, sort of based off Will Stout's art I'd love to find.

Yes, but many of them are also not from the original 'Kaiyodo Dinoland kits'.
Those belong to the Kaiyodo 'Dinosaur Museum Series' from 1984 to 1986.

As for mr. Glut - I once made a Collage of all his Kaiyodo pics -
so I will later be spared of browsing through his foul website ...

Some Vinyl DINOLANDs and some Resin 'Museum series' -

Most are Resin 'Museum series' -

Blade-of-the-Moon

BrontoScorpio

I saw it only twice on YAJ, in the last couple of years.
One was in a really bad shape and the other as a kit.

from all the Kaiyodo marine reptiles of the 80's ( in the picture above and more ) - this one is actually considered to be the lesser one -
with respect to size, sculpting and material - I don't think it is even real Resin.

In any case - you'll need deep pockets for any of these.

stargatedalek

Frankly these earlier kits, especially the non-dinosaurs, are way more interesting! I wish Kaiyodo would re-release those in vinyl instead of re-running the Dinoland kits again.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.