News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sauropod News

Started by thomasw100, December 02, 2023, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Lana time shop has published pictures of the prototype of a Supersaurus model from Zee Studio. This is the designer that apparently has also designed the Haolonggood Euoplocephalus. The model will be 3D printed and is available for pre-order.

thomasw100

Lana time shop has published pictures of the prototype of a Hamititan model from Zee Studio. The model will be 3D printed and is available for pre-order.

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has posted some pictures of the painted version of the Linghu Studio Mamenchisaurus in 1:18 scale. Apparently there will also be a 1:35 scale version, but no final pictures of the painted model have been shown as of yet. The Linghu Studio Mamenchisaurus is based on the 35 meters length estimate for Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum that is most likely an overestimate.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a beautiful model, though space is a big issue for me right now.  I loved that 1:1 head they posted as well. Makes me think it's a 3D printed model they cast?

SenSx

Thanks, interested by the Supersaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on May 11, 2024, 04:00:32 PMThanks, interested by the Supersaurus.

I was thinking of this as well. But it will be 109 cm long according to the information on Lana Time Shop website. Considering that I am getting already their large Barosausrus and Maraapunisaurus kits assembled and painted (they have been shipped), I have to think carefully if I should get more 1 meter long models. If that designer would offer a Diplodocus carnegii or longus that would be a serious option.

Halichoeres

Now I have to decide whether to include Hamititan on the Unique Species List. I guess I'm leaning toward no, since it's printed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DefinitelyNOTDilo

That Hamititan looks really nice and is decently priced for the size! I may just see about getting it...

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published pictures of the final paint design of the Bailan Studio Paralititan model in 1:35 scale. The model will be 61 cm long with a curve length of 80 cm.

thomasw100

I have been in contact with Lana Time Shop about the Supersaurus vivianae and Hamititan xinjiangensis models from Zee Studio. They provided me with the curve length and offered that the models could be printed to a size / scale requested by a customer. I will now wait for the pictures of the paint designs before moving forward with any of these models.

Meanwhile, the designer of Zee Studio has posted first pictures of yet another sauropod model on his Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/zeroes_zee/), the Daxiatitan binglingi, and also some pictures of the painted Supersaurus vivianae. There are two different paint designs shown and I believe that the more simple one may be the one for the final product.

Most interestingly, this designer of Zee Studio does also show pictures of Euoplocephalus and Tlatolophus on his Instagram page which look exactly like the Haolonggood models of these species. So he may have probably designed these models for Haolonggood. I wonder if this means that some of these sauropods will eventually also be produced by Haolonggood. Just imagine a proper 1:35 Supersaurus as PVC model. And he has a model of a Brachiosaurus on his Instagram which was never produced as a Zee Studio as a resin model. So this could end up as the Haolonggood Brachiosaurus figure.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 22, 2024, 03:10:33 PMI have been in contact with Lana Time Shop about the Supersaurus vivianae and Hamititan xinjiangensis models from Zee Studio. They provided me with the curve length and offered that the models could be printed to a size / scale requested by a customer. I will now wait for the pictures of the paint designs before moving forward with any of these models.

Meanwhile, the designer of Zee Studio has posted first pictures of yet another sauropod model on his Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/zeroes_zee/), the Daxiatitan binglingi, and also some pictures of the painted Supersaurus vivianae. There are two different paint designs shown and I believe that the more simple one may be the one for the final product.

Most interestingly, this designer of Zee Studio does also show pictures of Euoplocephalus and Tlatolophus on his Instagram page which look exactly like the Haolonggood models of these species. So he may have probably designed these models for Haolonggood. I wonder if this means that some of these sauropods will eventually also be produced by Haolonggood. Just imagine a proper 1:35 Supersaurus as PVC model. And he has a model of a Brachiosaurus on his Instagram which was never produced as a Zee Studio as a resin model. So this could end up as the Haolonggood Brachiosaurus figure.

He wrote he designed it for Haolonggood in one of the comments. Good detective work! There is also a nice diplodocus too there.

Wally-217

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 22, 2024, 03:10:33 PMI have been in contact with Lana Time Shop about the Supersaurus vivianae and Hamititan xinjiangensis models from Zee Studio. They provided me with the curve length and offered that the models could be printed to a size / scale requested by a customer. I will now wait for the pictures of the paint designs before moving forward with any of these models.

This is a longshot but I don't suppose you know if they are able to print some of their sold out models? I still beat myself up for missing the xinjiangtitan. Knowing that their own models come from Zee studios makes me hopeful.

thomasw100

Quote from: Wally-217 on May 23, 2024, 06:17:32 PM

This is a longshot but I don't suppose you know if they are able to print some of their sold out models? I still beat myself up for missing the xinjiangtitan. Knowing that their own models come from Zee studios makes me hopeful.

Hi there, I can actually give you an answer to that question, unfortunately it seems not to be possible. I had asked Lana Time Shop about the Xinjiangtitan, the Qingxiusaurus and the Saltasaurus from Zee studio quite a while ago. They inquired with Zee Studio, who apparently told them that these models would really be sold out. I kind of suspect that they might have been produced using conventional cast resin rather than 3D printed. Maybe someone who owns any of these models would be able to confirm whether they are cast resin or 3D printed. I would think that cast resin is all solid, whereas such large 3D printed are usually made hollow. So the latter should be much lighter than the former.

SenSx

I wish the Brachiosaurus would make it this year on the Haolonggood line.
But looks like we'll have to wait for 2025 :/
Same for the Argentinosaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on May 23, 2024, 08:22:38 PMI wish the Brachiosaurus would make it this year on the Haolonggood line.
But looks like we'll have to wait for 2025 :/
Same for the Argentinosaurus.

There was some mentioning of this in the last message of vampiredesign in the Haolonggood New for 2024 thread and to me this sounded like this is not clear yet. They seem to be not sure if they can get these two projects completed this year. But it did not sound to me as if they have decidedly moved these two models into next year. Maybe at least one will still make it this year.

Wally-217

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 23, 2024, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: Wally-217 on May 23, 2024, 06:17:32 PM

Hi there, I can actually give you an answer to that question, unfortunately it seems not to be possible. I had asked Lana Time Shop about the Xinjiangtitan, the Qingxiusaurus and the Saltasaurus from Zee studio quite a while ago. They inquired with Zee Studio, who apparently told them that these models would really be sold out. I kind of suspect that they might have been produced using conventional cast resin rather than 3D printed. Maybe someone who owns any of these models would be able to confirm whether they are cast resin or 3D printed. I would think that cast resin is all solid, whereas such large 3D printed are usually made hollow. So the latter should be much lighter than the former.

Thanks for the help! Xinjiangtitan is something of a white whale for me at the moment. I enquired about it on Zee's Instagram but sadly didn'tget a response. I guess that solidifies HLG's mamenchisaurus then!

thomasw100

Quote from: Wally-217 on May 23, 2024, 10:36:44 PMThanks for the help! Xinjiangtitan is something of a white whale for me at the moment. I enquired about it on Zee's Instagram but sadly didn'tget a response. I guess that solidifies HLG's mamenchisaurus then!

I have been in contact with Lana Time Shop again on that matter. They have confirmed that Xinjiangtitan, the Qingxiusaurus and the Saltasaurus by Zee Studio were indeed made as cast resin models and can therefore not be reproduced any more. This is too bad, as I did also miss these models.

On the better side of things, Lana confirmed that also Daxiatitan binglingi will eventually be sold through their website and this will also be 3D printed. So there will be three sauropod models by Zee Studio available and I would not be surprised if the number will grow over time. This designer seems to have a strong interest in making sauropod models.

Halichoeres

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 25, 2024, 07:12:40 AMI have been in contact with Lana Time Shop again on that matter. They have confirmed that Xinjiangtitan, the Qingxiusaurus and the Saltasaurus by Zee Studio were indeed made as cast resin models and can therefore not be reproduced any more. This is too bad, as I did also miss these models.\

Thanks for that information, that's useful.

On another note, I wouldn't have minded if one of the half dozen plastic Mamenchisaurus figures released in the last few years had been Xinjiangtitan instead.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thomasw100

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 25, 2024, 01:30:04 PMThanks for that information, that's useful.

On another note, I wouldn't have minded if one of the half dozen plastic Mamenchisaurus figures released in the last few years had been Xinjiangtitan instead.

Haolonggood just started their endeavour to produce large sauropods roughly a year ago. I could imagine that when they are through with the most iconic species they might actually make some rarer ones like Xinjiangtitan. Now another thing is of course if PNSO will feel motivated to also make some larger sauropods based on the obvious success that Haolonggood has with their 1:35 scale large sauropods.

thomasw100

Dinosauria Creatures has added a few more sauropod models to their website. The one I find the most interesting is the Magyarosaurus dacus that was sculpted by Dino and Dog. I am thinking of getting this. It has thumb claws, which I would think are not correct for a rather evolved titanosaur, but this issue can be corrected prior to painting.´Few pictures of these newest sauropod models follow:

Magyarosaurus dacus (sculptor: Dino and Dog)

Diplodocus carnegii (sculptor: Dino and Dog)

Rapetosaurus krausei (sculptor: Miniature Museum)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: