News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on June 13, 2024, 02:52:54 PMThe latest on the Titanic 30 cm Gorgo from their Facebook.

"Where the f is my Gorgo?
We hear you and understand the frustration.
We are getting 250 units tomorrow that will ship Friday.
We do not know the make up of the units we are receiving.
We will get the rest of by June 25th as they are just now getting to the port in Seattle."

I posted this months ago:

"400 – Baby Gorgo is added!"

It's 230 preorders on December 14, so 170 more are needed by December 31 for the free Baby Gorgo........that looks far away, but I hope they get the 170 because the Baby Gorgo and Mother Gorgo would look cool."

So did they reach that goal? Sounds like it?

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I don't think Titanic has mentioned the free Baby Gorgo since December, so it makes me wonder what its status is.

Fembrogon

I finally shipped my Hiya Skullcrawler and Ghidorah recently from BBTS, and am getting them ready for display with their Monsterverse pals:

Ghidorah is, as others previously mentioned, unwieldy - he feels more like a poseable statue than a true action figure. It's a pleasure to own him all the same, though. The Skullcrawler is a blast; I'm delighted to finally have a proper regular-size figure of this character.

Previously I also grabbed pretty much everyone on the Playmates side. Reportedly we're getting a second wave with Mothra and Tiamat this fall, which is something more to look forward to:

Adding a couple fight buddies from the last film:

dragon53

Today's email from Titanic on the 30 cm Gorgo:

"These are officially shipping on Monday! This means that Monday is the last day to get it for the pre-order price."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Good to hear!

I received my OBS Shin Godzilla, but have decided to sell him. Asking 1000.00 plus ship, slightly less than I paid in total for him for anyone interested.

dragon53

Someone posted their 30 cm Gorgo arrived on June 24, Monday. My order is still listed as "processing".

Preorders began on October 27, and I placed my order on October 31...apparently I didn't make the first 250 preorders.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on June 25, 2024, 02:57:11 PMSomeone posted their 30 cm Gorgo arrived on June 24, Monday. My order is still listed as "processing".

Preorders began on October 27, and I placed my order on October 31...apparently I didn't make the first 250 preorders.

I haven't received anything either, email or otherwise.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Titanic's Facebook says the second shipment is supposed to arrive in Seattle on June 25, today. Titanic is in Colorado, so who knows when they will be shipped out to customers. Still no mention of the free small Gorgo.

The new msrp is $199.95, but it's on sale for $179.99 (original msrp).

dragon53

Today's email from Titanic:

"Gorgo 30 CM is currently on a train in Denver. It is expected to arrive at our warehouse This Friday with all orders shipped out Saturday. We do apologize for how long the wait has been, and we hope that the figure lives up to the hype!"

Giganotosaurus

Images of the prototypes for Lingjihun's Leatherback, Knifehead, and Otachi figures have been released! Remember that they are prototypes, the final figures will be in scale and articulated.

For those not caught up, LingJihun is a Chinese company that is working on the Pacific Rim license. They released Crimson Typhoon earlier this year, with Gipsy Danger coming next within a few months. They revealed a Slattern prototype last year also!!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

dragon53

My 30 cm Gorgo arrived yesterday, so I watched for the first time the new, remastered bluray GORGO which has improved detail and color than the original bluray version.

My quick summary of the 30 cm Gorgo:

PROS: more accurately shaped head without seam, paint and pose than the model kit version.

CONS: scale/skin texture detail is lacking compared to the detail seen in the new bluray version, the eyes have a white reflection on the black eyeball which greatly reduces the fierce look of the red/black-only eyes that are predominate in the movie, the back scales should be raised higher.

Overall, I'm glad I got the 30 cm Gorgo because I saw the original GORGO in the theater when I was a kid, so this is part of my Nostalgia Model Collection, and it has much bigger, better and more accurate visual presence than the model kit version, but it could have been a lot better.

I might ask Titanic about the free Baby Gorgo that was mentioned a long time ago.

dragon53

Fembrogon

I had a big box arrive before the weekend from Buyee - I was browsing Mercari on a whim a few weeks prior and stumbled across several bargain listings. Combined with a gutload of credit card rewards I had saved up, I landed a real jackpot of a haul. All the vinyls were close to retail price, but the articulated figures pictured ended up being probably 50% off retail price at LEAST, even after factoring in shipping.

I've been the last couple of days catching up on photographing everything:

S.H.Monsterarts Godzilla 1972 - easily my favorite of the haul. I have to admit, Tamashii absolutely nailed this figure, it's so much fun to handle. My only complaints are with the stupidly large box and scarcity of accessories;  the figure itself is nearly perfect.

Spoiler

Squaring off with enemies across brands and scales:

[close]

S.H.Monsterarts Gamera 1999 - a pretty solid figure. The character design doesn't lend itself to high articulation as well, but the accessories are much better.

Spoiler

[close]

S.H.Figuarts Red King - I haven't paid much attention to Figuarts, so I nearly forgot this figure existed. I never acquired any of the Ultra-Act series, but this seems like a definite improvement in engineering from what I recall in reviews. The Pez-top jaw articulation is a bit funky, though.

Spoiler

Proud of his Mezco junior:

[close]

S.H.Figuarts Eleking - a close second-favorite of the articulated figures here; probably the most consistently fluid joints across the whole design. A minor downside is the legs struggle a bit to handle the weight of the tail; but overall this is another figure I just love to handle.

Spoiler

[close]
Sea monster showdown!!

S.H Figuarts Alien Mephilas (55th Anniversary edition) - a pretty neat figure with some good accessories, and a nice little box that doesn't devour storage space. Sadly my Figuarts Ultraman is in storage, so their meeting will have to wait.

Where it started vs. how it's going (Ultra-Action):

Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla 1975 - I got tired of waiting for an uncertain restock on the US Godzilla Store. It's a nice figure, and I'm glad it's back in circulation at least a little bit.

Spoiler
Comparison with the slightly larger 1973 sculpt:

[close]

Bandai Movie Monsters Series Hedorah (flying form) - at last, I have them all! This is another one I missed out on during the G-Store stock. It's honestly bigger than I anticipated; paint apps are simple, but the sculpting is very nice.
Spoiler

[close]
The 4 figures really look terrific together:

Bandai Memorial Box Rodan 1993 - a surprise to find, but a welcome one for sure. This is my first-ever MB release acquisition. The joints are kind of loose and rickety, but I'm delighted with the overall quality of the figure.

In the span of a few months my Bandai Heisei Rodan collection has tripled in size from nothing! Feels kind of surreal after spending a childhood with only the Trendmasters version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

AcroSauroTaurus

Hiya Rodan-Flameborn version

Compared with the NECA
I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

Very nice; I'm impressed by how bendy those wings are! I have the original issue but have been hesitant to test the wires' limits.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 23, 2024, 09:25:12 PMVery nice; I'm impressed by how bendy those wings are! I have the original issue but have been hesitant to test the wires' limits.

I didn't bend them much, literally only bent them to test a landed pose. The wires seem pretty durable, but I didn't want to wear it out.
I am the Dinosaur King!

fgh46

New Godzilla!
The company is unknown, but in general it is a copy of one of the toys based on Godzilla vs. Kong. By the way, later a reissue of both this toy and its copy appeared for the release of the New Empire!

Fembrogon

Interesting, they removed the screw holes seen in the Playmates products. Is this figure hard plastic or soft vinyl?

fgh46

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 24, 2024, 05:34:03 PMInteresting, they removed the screw holes seen in the Playmates products. Is this figure hard plastic or soft vinyl?
The figure is made of vinyl. But the back comb is plastic!
Although I am used to the fact that Chinazaurs usually have a rubber comb and a plastic body!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: