News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elengassen

Nice! I've been needing a good Baryonyx for my collection, and this looks like the best one yet.

Also, if PNSO are determined to keep making lipless theropods, spinosaurs are a good choice  ;D
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

thomasw100

Very nice Baryonyx, this will be the definitive one for the time being. This one will look great along the Suchomimus. And good that we get a theropod that is not again from the Carcharodontosauridae, Allosauridae or Tyrannosauridae. I was expecting a relative of Spinosaurus ever since the Spinsoaurus was released.

thomasw100

Quote from: Elengassen on July 11, 2024, 02:52:50 PMNice! I've been needing a good Baryonyx for my collection, and this looks like the best one yet.

Also, if PNSO are determined to keep making lipless theropods, spinosaurs are a good choice  ;D

I would not think that the fact that PNSO makes their Spinosauroids lipless means anything for their future take on other groups of theropods. For Spinosauroids there may be more a case for being lipless than for any other theropods.

Elengassen

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 02:58:52 PMI would not think that the fact that PNSO makes their Spinosauroids lipless means anything for their future take on other groups of theropods.

Hopefully not! I just find it quite funny that this is their second lipless theropod in a row after seemingly switching to lips last year (even if as you say, it's more justifiable in this case).

SenSx

The pose and body look a lot like the saurophaganax, or is it just me ?

thomasw100

This meme in a response to Paleofiguras post about the PNSO Baryonyx is quite fun:

bmathison1972

Nice Bary, but I am more than content with the most recent Safari version, so this will be an easy pass. Nice model, though!

Sim

Oh my gosh I love it!!!  It makes me realise that PNSO making a Wuerhosaurus wasn't bad after all, a company making a species another has made can still be good and give people options they like.

Elengassen

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 11, 2024, 03:54:14 PMNice Bary, but I am more than content with the most recent Safari version, so this will be an easy pass. Nice model, though!

Judging by the images and reviews I've seen, the Safari one is almost perfect IMO; the only issue is the teeth being too few and sloppily painted.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Elengassen on July 11, 2024, 04:51:43 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 11, 2024, 03:54:14 PMNice Bary, but I am more than content with the most recent Safari version, so this will be an easy pass. Nice model, though!

Judging by the images and reviews I've seen, the Safari one is almost perfect IMO; the only issue is the teeth being too few and sloppily painted.

Last thing I worry about it tooth count on a 7-inch piece of plastic representing a 33 foot long animal  8)

Sim

I have to say I'm happy PNSO is giving lots of attention to Megalosauroidea.  I was just thinking the other night that out of the three "big" hypercarnivorous theropods groups, Allosauroidea, Tyrannosauroidea and Megalosauroidea, my favourite is definitely the Megalosauroidea.  I find its members very interesting.  Perhaps in the future PNSO will make Irritator and Afrovenator too?

thomasw100

Quote from: Elengassen on July 11, 2024, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 02:58:52 PMI would not think that the fact that PNSO makes their Spinosauroids lipless means anything for their future take on other groups of theropods.

Hopefully not! I just find it quite funny that this is their second lipless theropod in a row after seemingly switching to lips last year (even if as you say, it's more justifiable in this case).

It would be actually the third, if you also count the Spinosaurus and ignore that there were few herbivores in between.

Elengassen

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: Elengassen on July 11, 2024, 03:10:01 PM

It would be actually the third, if you also count the Spinosaurus and ignore that there were few herbivores in between.

True, I'd forgot about the Spino. The fact that 2/3 of these recent lipless theropods are spinosaurs makes the Tyrannotitan even more jarring to me. That said, PNSO has become pretty unpredictable in terms of releases so I'm not going to infer anything from it.

oscars_dinos

I'm usually someone who things the BROWN=BAD train of thinking for pnso is a exaggerated and tired take... but I must say with this release the brown paint scheme is a bit disappointing, maybe its because the sucho had a nice and different color to it but yeah, whish this guy had a splash of yellow or a darker color, just something to make it pop. I am also a little worried about the tail, its giving me flashbacks to the papo baby spino, that poor things tail is awfully broken lol. I will say I think some in hand pics will help me like this figure more, I feel like the reds that are some what present will pop a little more than what were seeing and that the tail wont curve as extreme as what I'm thinking. All in all I like this figure but baryonx is one of my fav dinos so I have high expectations. Also the will they wont they with lips is becoming slightly maddening at this point.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 03:43:28 PMThis meme in a response to Paleofiguras post about the PNSO Baryonyx is quite fun:

Also this is an example on why 9 times out of 10 I prefer pnso and am willing to wait for them to make a figure that HLG has beat them too, with that being said HLG deff beat them with their mamenchi imo

Bread

I love the more active yet calm poses PNSO keep producing. Regardless if it requires the display rod 100%, it's still refreshing to see.

Turkeysaurus

I still like suchomimus more. Which one would you buy between Two?

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 11, 2024, 05:58:59 PMAlso this is an example on why 9 times out of 10 I prefer pnso and am willing to wait for them to make a figure that HLG has beat them too, with that being said HLG deff beat them with their mamenchi imo

This is kind of a race between PNSO and Haolonggood. Both are constantly improving but PNSO was already quite ahead when Haolonggood entered the game. Now they have to run faster to catch up.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 06:26:31 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 11, 2024, 05:58:59 PMAlso this is an example on why 9 times out of 10 I prefer pnso and am willing to wait for them to make a figure that HLG has beat them too, with that being said HLG deff beat them with their mamenchi imo

This is kind of a race between PNSO and Haolonggood. Both are constantly improving but PNSO was already quite ahead when Haolonggood entered the game. Now they have to run faster to catch up.

I've also noticed that while Haolonggood's Ornithischians are quite spectacular, the large theropods all seem to be kinda ugly in the facial region and they seem to be missing something crucial but I can't tell what (yes, even aside from the lack of lips). 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 11, 2024, 06:18:02 PMI still like suchomimus more. Which one would you buy between Two?

I think we need to see some in hand photos before we make a decision.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: