News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s Book Project

Started by Libraraptor, June 18, 2022, 09:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 20, 2024, 07:04:34 PMI don't suppose there is much point in asking when does the English version is due to come out ...
p.s.
Didn't quite understand the MySQL remark ...

That MySQL remark came out thanks to automatic text completition :)) Should have simply meant "my".
I, too, wonder, if the publisher thinks about an English translation. Gonna ask them about it.But for now I guess their focus is on the German speaking market.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 21, 2024, 08:23:02 AM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 20, 2024, 07:04:34 PMI don't suppose there is much point in asking when does the English version is due to come out ...
p.s.
Didn't quite understand the MySQL remark ...

That MySQL remark came out thanks to automatic text completition :)) Should have simply meant "my".
I, too, wonder, if the publisher thinks about an English translation. Gonna ask them about it.But for now I guess their focus is on the German speaking market.

Funny, this forum runs on a MySQL database.

Obviously I'd love to see an English co-edition, too.

Libraraptor

A few days ago the publisher released a little promotion- clip.

https://youtu.be/SzYXQGvZL_M?si=ztTiE00rTRsgvC9a

Libraraptor

I proudly announce that I today hold in my hands the first copies of my book. Feels great, despite all the ups and downs I encountered and the flaws the work may have. Thanks to the DTF for being such a supportive community,  especially
avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian and of course the one and only avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum himself!

For the German speaking members who would like to get a copy, PM me please and we will talk about everything. Please do not order at Amazon by any means, direct orders help me most. Thank you!

DinoToyForum

postsaurischian

Wonderful!!
 Funny coincidence: I've just sent an order by mail yesterday, old-fashioned as it might be ;D .

BrontoScorpio

Love the  hilarious cover

Libraraptor

Thank you everyboy, I appreciate it :)

ceratopsian

I'm sure at times you must have felt this moment would never arrive. Congratulations!

Libraraptor

Yeah, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, that´s definitvely the case. Thanks for all your congratulations. Now it is up to me to bring my work to the people. Selling books is no easy business, even if you do have a serious message to convey in a sometimes hilarious way.
But I am still confident I won´t waste all my money for this project. And even if, it totally is worth it. Writing and marketing a book teaches you so much. Especially learning to live with both mistakes and enthusiasm.And it all has only just begun. 8)

Libraraptor

Promoting the book in the LWL- Museum für Naturkunde in Münster  8)

DinoToyForum

Exciting times, enjoy it, as I bet people are enjoying reading the book!

ceratopsian

That sounds like an excellent venue to capture the right audience for the book.

thomasw100

Got your book yesterday and have read it all through by today. Fun and entertaining read. A lot of society criticism in there, with most of which I can sympathize. If you do not know this already, I believe that you would enjoy the writings of Charles Eisenstein.

Libraraptor

Oxford paleontologist Armin Schmitt obviously enjoying the book :o  :)

DinoToyForum

I really wish I could read German.

By the way, I came across this website apparently for the book, is this your doing avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor? http://www.palaeo-nerds.de

Libraraptor

Quote from: DinoToyForum on September 07, 2024, 03:59:59 PMI really wish I could read German.

By the way, I came across this website apparently for the book, is this your doing avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor? http://www.palaeo-nerds.de

Yes, it is, I wanted to embed the book into something larger and would like to do  a little Making Of someday ;)

But first I will read the audiobook and who knows, maybe someday there will be an English translation.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.