News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

FYI, I'm dealing with some technical problems with the forum so some functionality may be temporarily missing and there may be a little downtime. Thanks for your patience.  O:-)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoToyForum on September 12, 2023, 01:21:19 PMFYI, I'm dealing with some technical problems with the forum so some functionality may be temporarily missing and there may be a little downtime. Thanks for your patience.  O:-)

Ok folks, the forum is back up and running with, I think, full functionality restored. But let me know if anything isn't quite as it was before.

DinoToyForum

I've made an upgrade to the server settings which I hope leads to noticeably better performance (i.e. pages loading more quickly).

ceratopsian

A weird glitch this morning when I looked at the New for 2024 Haolonggood thread.  I tried to like the recent post of DinosDragon's review of Camarasaurus - and got a pop-up message telling me something like "Sorry, ceratopsian - you have been banned from this forum".  I was taken aback, as I couldn't think of anything remotely inflammatory I might have posted.  I tried another thread and all seemed normal.  Then thought I'd try posting something in the Haolonggood thread.  Initially it timed me out - immediately.  But a second attempt worked and the post went through. And I experimented and was able to put a like to the review post. So it's all sorted - but just odd and not a message I've seen before.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 21, 2024, 08:28:29 AM....... a pop-up message telling me something like "Sorry, ceratopsian - you have been banned from this forum".  I was taken aback, as I couldn't think of anything remotely inflammatory I might have posted. .......

I'm not sure if you're even capable of posting inflammatory stuff ;D .

ceratopsian

I have learnt to control a volcanic temper avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!  One of the benefits of getting old!

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2024, 09:32:15 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 21, 2024, 08:28:29 AM....... a pop-up message telling me something like "Sorry, ceratopsian - you have been banned from this forum".  I was taken aback, as I couldn't think of anything remotely inflammatory I might have posted. .......

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2024, 09:32:15 AM

The same thing happened once to me last year - no explanation ever surfaced. An odd anomaly, for sure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 21, 2024, 09:37:26 AMI have learnt to control a volcanic temper avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!  One of the benefits of getting old!
Good on ya avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian!  I still have to work on it ::) .

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 21, 2024, 08:28:29 AMA weird glitch this morning when I looked at the New for 2024 Haolonggood thread.  I tried to like the recent post of DinosDragon's review of Camarasaurus - and got a pop-up message telling me something like "Sorry, ceratopsian - you have been banned from this forum".  I was taken aback, as I couldn't think of anything remotely inflammatory I might have posted.  I tried another thread and all seemed normal.  Then thought I'd try posting something in the Haolonggood thread.  Initially it timed me out - immediately.  But a second attempt worked and the post went through. And I experimented and was able to put a like to the review post. So it's all sorted - but just odd and not a message I've seen before.

Oh, sorry about that. No, we haven't banned you! I don't know, but it could be that your IP temporarily coincided with a banned IP. Looking at your account I see you have logged in from dozens of different IP addresses. Maybe you use a VPN which regularly assigns a new IP, and one of them was 'bad'. Or your device was just assigned a different IP for some reason, maybe related to the network you were connected to. Not an area of my expertise but I'm sure there's a simple explanation for the 'glitch'.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum. How interesting re dozens of IPs.  I would have said definitely no, I don't use a VPN on either my desktop or my mobile phone, both of which operate off our home Wi-Fi.  However - discussion with my husband dredged up that he has CITRIX installed on the desktop to access his firm's system.  He knows that his firm installs a VPN on his work phone - so chances are their CITRIX perhaps also uses a VPN.  Perhaps this extends to my desktop as a whole, not just when he uses CITRIX.  Who knows - I'm not sufficiently tech knowledgeable.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 22, 2024, 03:59:25 PMThanks avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum. How interesting re dozens of IPs.  I would have said definitely no, I don't use a VPN on either my desktop or my mobile phone, both of which operate off our home Wi-Fi.  However - discussion with my husband dredged up that he has CITRIX installed on the desktop to access his firm's system.  He knows that his firm installs a VPN on his work phone - so chances are their CITRIX perhaps also uses a VPN.  Perhaps this extends to my desktop as a whole, not just when he uses CITRIX.  Who knows - I'm not sufficiently tech knowledgeable.

Yeah, something like that could be the culprit!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.