News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which do you prefer, Haolonggood or PNSO

Started by Stegotyranno420, September 28, 2023, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the title(Pick one)

PNSO
30 (63.8%)
HLG
17 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Stegotyranno420

Haha, its wierd hearing those models get called old now, i remember when they were "brand new, a new age of figures, etc"

postsaurischian

Since there is no "I like them both equally" option I still can't vote.

Turkeysaurus

Most of us like them both. Question is which do you prefer? It's challenging this way.

ceratopsian

The question demands a more nuanced answer than a bald A or B. I cannot vote on this.

Turkeysaurus

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2024, 08:39:23 PMSince there is no "I like them both equally" option I still can't vote.
There isnt going to be. :))  I want to see what the preference of the community, not if they like them. I think I had already made a reply stating my reasons of the polls nature.
Whats the point of putting "both" if I know 90% or will pick that option.

avatar_Turkeysaurus @Turkeysaurus knows whats up
Btw Turk, your GIF's are always so hillarious, never stop posting them🤣🤣🤣

Perotorum

Haolongood in my view is more consistent in terms of quality to PNSO, and is roughly equal, but for the most part, it is more affordable, which makes my preferred choice.

stargatedalek

PNSO, but the minis are carrying that hard. I don't think they've made anything that excited me in years. Impressed, maybe, but not excited.

Haolonggood meanwhile makes a lot of large herbivores, and not really any smaller animals.

EmperorDinobot

Both, though I do not own a single Haolonggood. I own plenty of the PNSO minis, and I love them. I hate the boxes the others come in. I can't get rid of them, afraid they'll de-value them, not that I collect for value, but you...never know when I might have to pay for my own headstone.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 21, 2024, 10:27:00 PMMost of us like them both. Question is which do you prefer? It's challenging this way.

I can't see the challenge.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 22, 2024, 07:35:34 AMIt's black-and-white painting. I know that most people are that way. I just am not.

I would disagree with this statement in your first sentence. You infer with this that people who have a preference for either PNSO or Haolonggood based on a set of arguments that they put forward would have a simplified black-and-white thinking.

Rather, I think that the opinion that people have about these two companies is building up from the appreciation of individual models produced by either company, one by one. The weighted sum of these combines then into a preference for one company or the other, or, alternatively, an equal appreciation of both companies.

For my part, I do also highly value the fact that PNSO is quite transparent about the scientific basis for their models. The videos by Zhao Chuang are always insightful and even if I do not agree with a decision that PNSO makes (e.g. thumb claw on their Alamosaurus to give an example) this gives their models a scientific traceability. The explanations in these videos are sometimes not perfect, but at least it is something.

In the case of Haolonggood, there is no way of knowing what would be the basis of their models. They just do not explain anything. Maybe Haolonggood has not the resources for producing videos like PNSO does and this is one of several cost factors that contributes to keeping their prices moderate. However, they could still provide some postings on social media in text form which briefly describes what their models are based on. This cannot cost a fortune.

EmperorDinobot

You might be right.

Are Haolonggood figures cheaper when it comes to similar species in similar scale?

thomasw100

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 22, 2024, 08:47:14 AMAre Haolonggood figures cheaper when it comes to similar species in similar scale?

I would think so. If we look at prices at Lana Time Shop, one can compare PNSO with Haolonggood for a few genera:

Daspletosaurus
PNSO (26 cm): 38.99 USD
Haolonggood (29.5 cm): 25.99 USD

Wuerhosaurus
PNSO (18.5 cm): 34.99
Haolonggood (18 cm): 16.99 USD

Allosaurus
PNSO (25 cm): 38.99 USD
Haolonggood (22 cm): 19.99 USD

Pachyrhinosaurus
PNSO (15 cm): 24.99 USD
Haolonggood (18 cm): 19.99 USD

Sinoceratops
PNSO (15 cm): 30.99 USD
Haolonggood (17 cm): 19.99 USD

Leyster

Ok, but what we should ask ourselves is: are those model comparable? If not, if price is the only matter that count, I could get like siz or seven dinosaurs in a plastic bag for five euros. Let's take a, I think, hardly debatable esample:
QuoteAllosaurus
PNSO (25 cm): 38.99 USD
Haolonggood (22 cm): 19.99 USD
This is the Haolonggod Allosaurus

This is the PNSO Allosaurus

I chose this example because the Haolonggod Allosaurus has not been well-received and I think everyone agrees the PNSO to be a better representation of Allosaurus.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

I still hold the same sentiment I did before as I posted nearly a year ago in this thread/debate.

Both have appealing figures. Both have some figures I'm not too fond of. No option to vote both, so I declined to vote.

I can see why one would choose one over the other, but I'm indecisive therefore difficult  ;D

EmperorDinobot

The price difference is massive, T @thomasw100.

As for the Allosaurus, what do you expect from the most boring dinosaur ever? (If you've read every post from that strange "what is your least favorite dinosaur?" thread, I always complain that it is Allosaurus). I dislike both of them hahaha! I like the Safari Ltd. ones the most, and I think I am going to be all over the BOTM action figure when it comes out.

Either way, I don't have space to add two more dinosaur collections to my ever shrinking collection room. 

thomasw100

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 22, 2024, 05:48:00 PMThe price difference is massive, T @thomasw100.

As for the Allosaurus, what do you expect from the most boring dinosaur ever? (If you've read every post from that strange "what is your least favorite dinosaur?" thread, I always complain that it is Allosaurus). I dislike both of them hahaha! I like the Safari Ltd. ones the most, and I think I am going to be all over the BOTM action figure when it comes out.

Either way, I don't have space to add two more dinosaur collections to my ever shrinking collection room. 

If we take the PNSO Saurophaganax as a large individual of Allosaurus, the figure is not that boring but pretty nice actually.

Turkeysaurus

PNSO Saurophaganax is amazing. I'm glad i got that one before the ban.

It has nice size for specimen too that it's just a bit bigger than Max Allosaurus. 10.5 metres.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:00:53 PMPNSO Saurophaganax is amazing. I'm glad i got that one before the ban.

It has nice size for specimen too that it's just a bit bigger than Max Allosaurus. 10.5 metres.

wdym before the ban?

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 22, 2024, 09:17:55 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:00:53 PMPNSO Saurophaganax is amazing. I'm glad i got that one before the ban.

wdym before the ban?

Turkey has 30 Euro limit now for import. I can't order anything more than 30 Euro.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: