News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which do you prefer, Haolonggood or PNSO

Started by Stegotyranno420, September 28, 2023, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the title(Pick one)

PNSO
30 (63.8%)
HLG
17 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Stegotyranno420

Just curious to see if the forum prefers PNSO or HLG

oscars_dinos

HLG is a real mixed bag, the worst figures have odd detail and design choices along with very odd proportions and inaccuracies while there best Figures have great detail but yet still odd inaccuracies and cartoony eyes sometimes.I know a lot of people will say pnso doesn't like lips or color and well... lips is changing and color is subjective, personally I don't like most of the HGL paint schemes, they are a bit much for me sometimes. I know this sounds like im digging into HGL a lot but in actuality I've been very tempted to get some of their figures before, there has just always been something that has stoped me from pulling the trigger.

Blade-of-the-Moon

HLG I've bought the Ourano and Apatosaurus so far. PNSO I've bought..more.  But they have been around longer. I've missed a few PNSO just because my shelf space for them has almost filmed up. I need something to wow me or I need it for a project. HLG I'm waiting on more larger sauropods as they seem to nail those well.

Faelrin

A mix of both, though I only have the Haolonggood Ouranosaurus (and the older no thumb spike one). I do have a bit more PNSO though, but like avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon said they've been around longer. That said compared to other forum members I only have a handful of the mini dinosaurs, the Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, and Deinocheirus. I have a lot on my wishlist for both, but no idea when I'll get to them.

As far as this year goes, I think Haolonggood is gonna come out on top for me personally, with a lot of variety in both species, and colorations this year. They also seem quick to listen to feedback and they engage here, which is a lot more then other companies. That said PNSO is typically better in the accuracy deparment.

I certainly think I will have a mix of them on this year's top ten poll, well after the BotM Yutyrannus. Of course Safari Ltd, and CollectA as well (at least Koolasuchus). Year's not yet over so who knows what either one of these have up their sleeves that will surprise me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Wow this is a tough one. I like PNSO more in terms of accuracy and sculpt (including poses, fine and thoughtful sculpting detail and how natural their models look), but HLG more in terms of variety, species choice and colour/pattern schemes, particularly with their herbivores.

Similar to avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , I have more PNSO figures (zero HLG so far, to be precise), but that's only because of my collecting rules/habits - they have yet to do a species that's on my favourites list. But I'm looking forward to changing that, especially if they do a good 1:35 scale Iguanodon and/or Qianzhousaurus.

Fembrogon

It's too early to say for me. While Haolonggood is easily winning this year in variety, the way they're pumping out content right now reminds me a lot of how PNSO started and re-started around the 2016-2020 time frame. Since those years PNSO has ebbed and flowed with the quantity and diversity (and PRICE) of their releases; who's to say Haolonggood won't end up following a similar path a few years down the road?

Paleo Flo

I hava a clear prefenrce towards PNSO despite it's price point. HLG often looks not very accurate and I think, they are more toylikey to me. The Daspletosaurus is an good example. PNSO is here the clear winner. But I guees HLG is o their way...but the have to go a lot more miles to reach PNSOs standard. Clearly the deversity is much more on HLG's site. And their red Ouranosaurus is a beauty nevertheless.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Over9K

In terms of models aimed at being scientific representations of these animals, my tier list goes like...

Choice!- PNSO, EoFauna, BOTM

Really Nice.- CollectA, Haolonggood, Safari

Um, What?- Schleich, Mojo

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Over9K on September 28, 2023, 07:38:55 AMIn terms of models aimed at being scientific representations of these animals, my tier list goes like...

Choice!- PNSO, EoFauna, BOTM

Really Nice.- CollectA, Haolonggood, Safari

Um, What?- Schleich, Mojo

Word bro. But I would take Safari between "Choice!" and "Really Nice"... 
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

postsaurischian

I like them both equally. They're different and at least to me it's not always a question of who's better or who's worse.
 I know people have to make a competition of everything. It's a capitalistic disease.
 It's like in music. Some people only listen to Rock music, others only listen to Jazz. I like both - especially Fusion.
 It's good that we have two such excellent figure makers in China, since in my opinion the Western and the Japanese companies are weakening slightly (except for CollectA).
 As in evolution: Diversity is the successful formula ;) .

I'm not voting because there is no option for "both equally", which is a bit sad.

Pliosaurking

In like both equally I would say. Pnso had been around longer, and are generally more accurate and better proportionally. Haolonggood is superior in terms of paint schemes and have a much better bang for you buck. The Haolonggood x GR toys Carcharodontosaurus however is in my eyes far superior to anything I have from Either company. Don't really know if that counts or not, if it does then Haolonggood.

Carnoking

HAOLONGGOOD for diversity, affordability, and unique colors.

PNSO for realism, detail, and accuracy.

Bread

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 28, 2023, 06:06:43 AMIt's too early to say for me. While Haolonggood is easily winning this year in variety, the way they're pumping out content right now reminds me a lot of how PNSO started and re-started around the 2016-2020 time frame. Since those years PNSO has ebbed and flowed with the quantity and diversity (and PRICE) of their releases; who's to say Haolonggood won't end up following a similar path a few years down the road?
I am surprised no one else has brought up the 2020 year for PNSO. It's definitely one of their prime years as far as releases go, and then 2021 being their follow up year for releases was also a banger too.

Although I pretty much agree with avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian here, I do find my preference to be HLG at the moment due to the price point. Otherwise if we're talking about the general releases, I'd find them relatively equal.

Lynx

PNSO tbh, haven't gotten a HLG figure so my opinion is swayed to PNSO
An oversized house cat.

shahinos

Overall, I agree with what postsaurischian says.

However, I still voted for HLG. Partly due to price points, partly diversity, partly customer interaction (caveat that I have no idea how either company interacts with customers on their home market).

Gwangi

This year the winner is Haolonggood by a mile but overall? Probably gotta go with PNSO. In fact, the reason Haolonggood is having such a great year is because they're doing what PNSO did a few years ago. A lot of high quality figures representing diverse taxa with an excellent price point. And you cannot deny that lips aside, PNSO still does theropods better. If Haolonggood continues with what they've been doing, and PNSO does also, then I can see me changing my mind. Have to give it another year or two.

suspsy

Haolonggood because they're cheaper to buy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I love them both. I'm with avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian here. Both have different strengths and that difference is pleasing to me. Currently Haolonggood's releases suit the focus of my collection and so are giving me more immediate excitement. But that is temporary I'm sure. I'm delighted that I can celebrate the presence of two firms producing enticing models. I wouldn't have believed this possible when I started collecting a few years ago. 

JohannesB

Stegotyranno420

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I would had given an option, but many would vote equal. I wanted to have a clear cut comparison

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: