News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

It has size of usual 1/35 Camarasaurus. That's all matters for us size queens.

But if you collect 1/40 dinosaurs (or don't care scales) , it's great for anyone want Camarasaurus supremus.

Win-win.

Sim

Did PNSO really say that Suchomimus is smaller than Baryonyx?  Suchomimus is definitely larger than Baryonyx.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Sim on August 28, 2024, 12:03:55 AMDid PNSO really say that Suchomimus is smaller than Baryonyx?  Suchomimus is definitely larger than Baryonyx.

"According to scientific research on the fossils, the body length of Maxim the Baryonyx was set to 10-12 meters to scale down when we did reconstruction."

"According to scientific research on the fossils, the model Thabo the Suchomimus was set to 9.5-11 meters to scale down when we did reconstruction"

From pnso.org

Sim

That's weird!  Baryonyx's actual length is around 9m, to get 10 it would need to have an unusually long tail.  And as I said, Suchomimus is larger than Baryonyx.  I wouldn't trust PNSO's length estimates then, for the figures at least they do appear to have been made the right size compared to each other, in 1:35 scale.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 28, 2024, 12:00:08 AMIt has size of usual 1/35 Camarasaurus. That's all matters for us size queens.

But if you collect 1/40 dinosaurs (or don't care scales) , it's great for anyone want Camarasaurus supremus.

Win-win.

I see it in the same way. The figure has a size compatible with C. lentus or C. grandis in 1:35 scale. Furthermore, PNSO has not included any species name unlike it was the case with the two species of Yangchuanosaurus.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras has posted some comparison images of the PNSO and Haolonggood Camarasaurus.

John

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 06:58:59 AM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 28, 2024, 12:00:08 AMIt has size of usual 1/35 Camarasaurus. That's all matters for us size queens.

Win-win.

I see it in the same way. The figure has a size compatible with C. lentus or C. grandis in 1:35 scale. Furthermore, PNSO has not included any species name unlike it was the case with the two species of Yangchuanosaurus.
You may be onto something.
It would not be out of the question for PNSO to describe one species while presenting another closely related one.Just look at what they call Saurophaganax.That one is unmistakably an Allosaurus fragilis.
And also the skeletal diagram they show of Edmontosaurus regalis for the model of what is clearly E. annectens comes to mind.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Elengassen

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 07:08:11 AMPaleofiguras has posted some comparison images of the PNSO and Haolonggood Camarasaurus.

Looks like the PNSO's been eating all the snacks. It seems he skipped tail day though  :P
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Manospundylus gigas

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 07:08:11 AMPaleofiguras has posted some comparison images of the PNSO and Haolonggood Camarasaurus.

I wish it was a little bigger/longer so we could safely atribute it to supremus, in the size the figure is it can be either lentus or grandis, I think I will use PNSO as lentus and HLG as grandis due to the fomers more robust and lower dorsal region and the laters (apparently) more gracile and taller back, completely subjective and only based in this photos.

PS: can any one who has PNSO Stegosaurus give me the measurement from the tip of the snout to the end of the tail (not counting thagomizer)? and a tentative along the centra measurement? thanks in advise, im hesitating to ourchase one because at 215mm looks too big for 1/35 stenops, unless 215 is counting the thagomizer and armatus specimen is stenops (poor thing is still not fully prepared), my morrison collection is growing and the lack of an Stegosaurus is an embarrasment, but it needs to be 1/35.

Turkeysaurus

I have a soft spot for PNSO's nose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

PNSO is a chonky one..I think it will look good as a male with the HLG being a female. That tail though is pretty thin especially compared to the rest of it's body and the HLG.

thomasw100

Quote from: Elengassen on August 28, 2024, 03:06:32 PM

Looks like the PNSO's been eating all the snacks. It seems he skipped tail day though  :P

The tail is indeed a bit on the thin end. The remainder is fine I think. There are some reconstructions of sauropods where they are really big boys. Look at the one by Paleokhris for example (which is C. supremus).

Joel1905

Quote from: John on August 27, 2024, 12:17:57 PMHmm,the teeth of this new Camarasaurus would still be visible if it had it's mouth closed,and yet I have seen a lot of praise for it from the online fandom instead of the usual hysterics and conniptions of rage that they show whenever PNSO reveals a new "lipless" theropod.
It makes for a nice change of pace! :)  >:D  :)

The teeth are so small that it's easy to imagine that they slot together and get sealed behind the psuedo-beak  :P

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 28, 2024, 03:47:50 PMPNSO is a chonky one..I think it will look good as a male with the HLG being a female. That tail though is pretty thin especially compared to the rest of it's body and the HLG.
You just solved the HLG PNSO war lol.

Make love not war  ;D

thomasw100

More comparison photos have appeared on Paleofiguras.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 09:08:45 PMMore comparison photos have appeared on Paleofiguras.

The Chad PNSO VS the virgin HLG

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 28, 2024, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 09:08:45 PMMore comparison photos have appeared on Paleofiguras.

Based. Typical Oscar W 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 28, 2024, 03:47:50 PMPNSO is a chonky one..I think it will look good as a male with the HLG being a female. That tail though is pretty thin especially compared to the rest of it's body and the HLG.
And the fat nose difference.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm I figured it was just inflated while it was vocalizing?

Elengassen

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 28, 2024, 09:12:19 PM

As you can probably tell, I have way too much time on my hands.

(Also just to be clear, this is a joke – I think they both look really nice. But I'm pretty much decided on the PNSO.)
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: