News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manospundylus gigas

Just when I purchased my first haolonggood figure Camarasaurus believing that eons would pass until PNSO decided to make theirs... Im eager to see if PNSO is going to give any hint about which species is in their videos, in any case I would display both, one as lentus and the other as grandis. 

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 05:29:45 PMWe are getting already the first negative comments on social media that the PNSO model would be too small, it would not be 1:35 scale. This is the same old problem again that some people do not understand the difference between horizontal length and length through the centra (sometimes also referred to as curve length).

I have just briefly measured the length through the centra on the release images and I arrive at about 46 cm not even accounting for the sidewards curvature of the tail which I cannot determine from the image. For an individual of 16 meters, the 46 cm would be exactly 1:35. On my Haolonggood I measured something like 47 cm maybe even 48 cm through the centra. They are both fairly close.

For real, I think I saw that comment you are referring to (paleofiguras fb?), I dont know how theres people that thinks that dinosaur lengths are given in straight line, anoying to see their complains when they miss the very basics.

PS: lenght along the curve is used in living animals and in dinosaurs it means the length of the dorsal outer curve with soft tissue, its usually longer than length along the centra. 

Sim

I saw someone complain about the PNSO Camarasaurus's colour scheme and wondering if PNSO was trying to appeal to Haolonggood's customers with an unrealistic colouration...  I don't agree it's an unrealistic colouration, and I quite like it.

PoptartDoodle

I'm glad I didn't immediately purchase Haolonggood's offering like I normally have with them. At least for me, I've only ever worried about seam lines from promo pics and tend to not care in hand, I'm excited to see the teeth in hand.
I'm all for competition between companies, especially if this means more 1:35 sauropods from PNSO.

ceratopsian

I'm impressed with the production qualities of the Haolonggood and the paint colours in hand are so much better than in their promo photos. It's an elegant model currently enjoying pride of place with their two Apatosaurus above an archway in my bedroom.  I'm very happy with my decision to buy immediately on release. If the PNSO had come out first I'd have been happy with that too. Though on balance my preference is for a closed mouth.

Flaffy

Really digging the nasal tissue of the PNSO model. The anatomy looks more refined too compared to HLG's great attempt.

Only nitpick is the obvious jaw seam. A similar issue I have with the Lufengosaurus.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2024, 04:59:38 PMIt looks extremely good, but man, I find Camarasaurus and Edmontosaurus the most uninteresting dinosaurs and Haolonggood and PNSO have released both this year.  It's boring to me...  With Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus on the horizon it looks like PNSO won't be releasing something I like soon...

You say that, but if either one of those animals walked in front you, you wouldn't think them boring.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Mellow Stego on August 25, 2024, 01:59:10 AM
Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2024, 04:59:38 PMIt looks extremely good, but man, I find Camarasaurus and Edmontosaurus the most uninteresting dinosaurs and Haolonggood and PNSO have released both this year.  It's boring to me...  With Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus on the horizon it looks like PNSO won't be releasing something I like soon...

You say that, but if either one of those animals walked in front you, you wouldn't think them boring.
all animals are interesting  :)

Leyster

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy to be fair, it's probably so noticeable only because the picture is magnified many times compared to the real thing. In hand, Lufengosaurus head is like, half a centimeter long and the seam is not really noticeable unless you look at it closely.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

postsaurischian

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 25, 2024, 04:35:14 AM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on August 25, 2024, 01:59:10 AM

all animals are interesting  :)

Of course they are :D !!

Turkeysaurus

PNSO Edmontosaurus is one of the superstars in my collection. Very worthy model of an iconic dinosaur.

I think price difference with HLG well worth it in this case.

SenSx

I did not care much about Camarasaurus before I knew it's one of the most complete Sauropod skeleton we have, with many specimens, which means more knowledge of a very common specie.
It's one of my criterias now.

Turkeysaurus

I've never cared Camarasaurus before as well but now seeing him being just a short & fat guy with flared nostrils.. he just like me fr...

Concavenator

For a second I got excited thinking the Camarasaurus could be a Shunosaurus... And in 2021, 2022 and 2023, PNSO only released 1 new sauropod figure, so chances are pretty high that's it for sauropods from them this year, I would say...  :-\  I guess it will be a while until we see a Shunosaurus or a new Amargasaurus (maybe years, considering their 1 sauropod/year rate, and other potential sauropod releases) from them... hopefully I'm wrong.  :'(

Taxon-wise, the Edmontosaurus remains the only PNSO figure from this year I'm interested in. And as avatar_Sim @Sim , I'm not interested in a Mosasaurus, lipped Tyrannosaurus or an Ichthyovenator either.

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 02:17:40 PMI think the really good news of today is that PNSO is now considering 1:35 scale sauropods again. And they have shown with this Camarasaurus relesase that they can do this really well. So we can hope for more 1:35 sauropods from PNSO in the future.

The PNSO Lingwulong is also around 1:35. So I think PNSO is OK with releasing 1:35 sauropods, as long as they're not giant ones. I definitely don't think PNSO would release a 1:35 (or so) Apatosaurus like Haolonggood did, for instance.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on August 25, 2024, 09:00:02 PMFor a second I got excited thinking the Camarasaurus could be a Shunosaurus... And in 2021, 2022 and 2023, PNSO only released 1 new sauropod figure, so chances are pretty high that's it for sauropods from them this year, I would say...  :-\  I guess it will be a while until we see a Shunosaurus or a new Amargasaurus (maybe years, considering their 1 sauropod/year rate, and other potential sauropod releases) from them... hopefully I'm wrong.  :'(

Taxon-wise, the Edmontosaurus remains the only PNSO figure from this year I'm interested in. And as avatar_Sim @Sim , I'm not interested in a Mosasaurus, lipped Tyrannosaurus or an Ichthyovenator either.

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 02:17:40 PMI think the really good news of today is that PNSO is now considering 1:35 scale sauropods again. And they have shown with this Camarasaurus relesase that they can do this really well. So we can hope for more 1:35 sauropods from PNSO in the future.

The PNSO Lingwulong is also around 1:35. So I think PNSO is OK with releasing 1:35 sauropods, as long as they're not giant ones. I definitely don't think PNSO would release a 1:35 (or so) Apatosaurus like Haolonggood did, for instance.

PNSO after all is a business and they almost certainly monitor their sales and do some sort of market survey. It will not have escaped their attention that medium to large sauropod models in 1:35 scale are selling very well and this could have an impact on their release strategy. The success of the Haolonggood figures will have demonstrated that they could also take the risk to make larger sauropod models.

Turkeysaurus

I wish PNSO reveal their releases before like HLG. Both Haolonggood & PNSO have same buyers.

JohannesB

It's been a long while since I got me a nice dinosaur toy model. I've been eyeing Haolonggood for a while, and I was particularly interested in their Camarasaurus. But then this came along. I think it is beautiful. Looks imposing and powerful. I love the face. If it will be (about) the same price as the Haolonggood, I will prefer the PNSO. This would be my first sauropod model in years.

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 25, 2024, 10:11:39 AMPNSO Edmontosaurus is one of the superstars in my collection. Very worthy model of an iconic dinosaur.

I think price difference with HLG well worth it in this case.
Agreed.

SidB

The accolades are appropriate, but I'm still sticking with my Safari Camarasaurus, in the face of the two fine offerings from HLG and PNSO.

Faelrin

S @SidB I'm still way behind on that one, but it is easily my favorite of the bunch of Camarasaurus figures as well. It's that slate blue and cream coloration (along with the brown striping) that does wonders for me. Easily at the top of my list for the next time I can do a major haul with Safari again. Come to think of it, perhaps that's why I liked PNSO's Alamosaurus released last year so much. Similar vibes.

That said both Haolonggood and PNSO's takes on this genus are much appreciated additional gorgeous options for one of the better known sauropods out there (fossil wise at least, but I've adored it since I first played JPOG all those years ago).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted a few more images of the Camarasaurus. The top view included below is interesting, because it shows the color scheme quite nicely and it shows that both neck and tail are considerably bending sidewards.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: