News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2025

Started by Faelrin, September 11, 2024, 12:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

May contain spoilers for Jurassic World Rebirth. Browse at your own risk.

All mainline/3.75 scale species for this year (23 total):

Spoiler
New species (8 total):
-Ceratosuchops
-Eotriceratops
-Kryptops (previously only had a mini released in 2023)
-Maiasaura
-Styxosaurus
-Tyrannotitan
-Utahraptor

and a mystery villain dino

Returning species (15 total):
-Allosaurus
-Atrociraptor
-Baryonyx
-Kentrosaurus
-Indoraptor
-Mosasaurus
-Nasutoceratops
-Pteranodon
-Scorpios Rex
-Scutosaurus
-Suchomimus
-Stygimoloch
-Triceratops
-Therizinosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus

[close]
Jurassic World Rebirth (Mainline/3.75 scale):

Spoiler
Wild Roar:

Wave 1:

Ceratosuchops:

Kentrosaurus:

Kryptops:

Pteranodon:

Wave 2:

Baryonyx
Maiasaura
Nasutoceratops
Utahraptor

Gigantic Trackers:

Wave 1:

Styxosaurus:

Suchomimus (product code: JCL73):

Wave 2:

Eotriceratops

Tyrannotitan

Others:

Mosasaurus

Slash 'N' Roar Therizinosaurus:

Roar Command Tyrannosaurus

Villian Dino

[close]
Ultimate Damage (Mainline/3.75 scale?):

Spoiler
Indoraptor:

Scorpios Rex:

[close]
Hammond Collection (Mainline/3.75 scale):

Spoiler
Allosaurus:

Atrociraptor Ghost:

Scutosaurus:

Stygimoloch:

Triceratops (baby):

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Giganotosaurus

Thanks for creating this thread!!

I'm definitely going to get the Hammond Collection Allosaurus, Stygimoloch, and Atrociraptor!!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Eatmycar

I will say, when it comes to main line, the Suchomimus, Styxosaurhs, Ceratosuchops and the Therizinosaurus intrigue me... the rest I can easily skip.

I'm looking forward to the Utahraptor and Maiasaura, though... but it seems we've got a while until then.

JPuggy

EmperorDinobot

They have to stop releasing that Mosasaurus.

DinoFan2010

I know, right? And it's not even like they're changing the color scheme or something, it's basically the exact same one from 2018!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

EmperorDinobot

The last two have been different. I have nowhere to put them, though.
nd they never seem to come down in price. I have never seen any at a discount store.

CityRaptor

Guess the Mosasaurus is one of those long running figures...the eternal sea monster!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

If they did a Tylosaurus that resembled the one from the game, I would certainly get it.

PrimevalRaptor

Mostly looking for the smaller figures (if stores even stock them still) but that Ceratosuchops has a lovely color scheme, big fan.

Deinonychus!

That Ceratosuchops is really cool looking! I don't think i've ever seen a Mattel spinosaurid I didn't like.

Flaffy

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 11, 2024, 07:33:14 PMGuess the Mosasaurus is one of those long running figures...the eternal sea monster!

Really wish we'd get a more screen accurate Mosasaurus instead of recycling the same tired sculpt.

stargatedalek

At least a very different colourscheme would be nice. I have the first version of it and I think it's pretty good for a film accurate mosa.

Gwangi

The Mattel Mosasaurus has been a constant since the line began, I kind of like that for it. It must sell well. I have one and I don't think I would get another even if it had improvements.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Flaffy on September 11, 2024, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on September 11, 2024, 07:33:14 PMGuess the Mosasaurus is one of those long running figures...the eternal sea monster!

Really wish we'd get a more screen accurate Mosasaurus instead of recycling the same tired sculpt.

I think it's pretty accurate. And it doesn't need a HC figure, though I am sure that will come too.

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2024, 02:45:14 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 11, 2024, 10:53:29 PM

I think it's pretty accurate. And it doesn't need a HC figure, though I am sure that will come too.

I disagree, the proportions are quite off. Good enough for a mainline toy, but I think it's time we get something nicer.

crazy8wizard

the weird angle in the base of the tail has always bothered me because I can't think of any kind of scenario where that pose would make sense. If you fold its flippers to the side it kinda looks like a seal doing a banana pose.
A Hammond Collection release, especially if it had neck and spine articulation, would give it it a much more interesting draw other than just "it's enormous" much like the HC Brachiosaurus.

Dilopho

I don't understand, where are we seeing the Mosasaurus rerelease? I can't find anything.
Apart from its name on the list of course.

andrewsaurus rex

the best pose i have found for the Mattel Mosasaurus is breaching, like humpback whales and great whites do, turned partially to its side arching backwards into the water.  I put a smaller custom mosasaur in its mouth. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dilopho on September 12, 2024, 04:34:59 AMI don't understand, where are we seeing the Mosasaurus rerelease? I can't find anything.
Apart from its name on the list of course.

It was on EE's site before they pulled everything.

That Mosa seems to always sell here in my shop. Might take a bit but they go over a lot of other JW toys. Kids think it's a big pool toy. You have to also consider, kids hit a dino phase and there are always more kids hitting it as the years go by.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: