News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2025

Started by Faelrin, September 11, 2024, 12:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho I think people are jumping to conclusions, but with some logic behind it, since they've only ever re-released that same Mosasaurus sculpt from 2018 to even this year, first as the blue and white one, then as the purple with blue eyes Ocean Protector (and other names) from 2021 on. There was only a listing on Entertainment Earth that got promptly removed from being put up too early my guess. No images yet. I didn't even really look at the description of it, because I too am guilty of figuring it will probably be the same old one. That said I would be surprised to see a new one, but my expectations for it are pretty low. Dominion saw its re-release of the old sculpt after all. To be fair it is also a pretty good figure to this day, despite the proportion issues it has had at day 1 (oversized head, too short tail). Don't know about anyone else, but the rubbery skin on mine has held up for all these years despite constant moving it around, and whatnot. Not a single rip, crack, or tear on it, and I've had mine since 2018. Granted it has had to sit out in a hot U-Haul these past couple of weeks, so I'm a tad worried that could cause a problem after years of being in controlled climate. Ditto for my as of yet unopened HC Brachiosaurus with its rubber neck.

The HC Brachiosaurus is a big upgrade over the 2019 one as it fulfills the need for a movie accurate head sculpt (the 2019 Legacy was based on Crash's concept art, which is still a nice direction for what it is worth), and with much more articulation in the limbs, and the ability to properly pose it doing the classic rearing pose. So unless they can do something of the sort with the Mosasaurus, I'm not really sure I'd need a HC one. Basically give it better proportions and tail articulation I suppose, and maybe top and bottom jaw articulation. The fin articulation on the current one is peak, and would need to carry over to a HC one. If they were to do a HC I'd like the rubbery skin to carry over as well. It's really nice to touch and I wouldn't do without it on that figure, even if means sacrificing articulation on the body. That said, I'd rather have a Spinosaurus, Indominus rex, and even TLW or JPIII male T. rex first.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  what's your secret? Mine never sell. It's pricy but that's because I gotta make up for the 30% (I closed the store) and shipping, and it's still the cheapest. OG Mosa, not the newest ones.

And...when did they add another point of articulation to the tail? Yes, the tail should be longer, but that little bit won't do anything jajajaj

I really hate the oversized dinosaurs. The only good ones are the raptors because they're life-sized, but that's it. Oh, and the sauropods are nice. If they give us a HC Mosasaur it should be as long as the T.rex, maybe a little bit longer, like a 18 m long animal. But not as big as the main line ones.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2024, 01:16:52 PMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  what's your secret? Mine never sell. It's pricy but that's because I gotta make up for the 30% (I closed the store) and shipping, and it's still the cheapest. OG Mosa, not the newest ones.

And...when did they add another point of articulation to the tail? Yes, the tail should be longer, but that little bit won't do anything jajajaj

I really hate the oversized dinosaurs. The only good ones are the raptors because they're life-sized, but that's it. Oh, and the sauropods are nice. If they give us a HC Mosasaur it should be as long as the T.rex, maybe a little bit longer, like a 18 m long animal. But not as big as the main line ones.

It's probably due to I have a retail store at a dino park. Parents and grandparents splurge on kids..sometimes. It's all part of a fun budget. I usually sell mine for 30.00 I think? That's new in box.

I like the big SC dinos. They are space hogs though.

EmperorDinobot

Mine are like $10 more hahaha

I only have one listed, the other two are loose. One of them is the one that game with the I.rex skeleton and the sub. Supposedly it is a variant, but I compared it inch by inch to my old one and they are identical.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2024, 03:30:32 PMMine are like $10 more hahaha

I only have one listed, the other two are loose. One of them is the one that game with the I.rex skeleton and the sub. Supposedly it is a variant, but I compared it inch by inch to my old one and they are identical.

Yeah I have that set and the only thing I removed was the Indominus skeleton for display. The mosa looked the same to me as well.

Faelrin

I got that set back in the day too. Mosasaurus was definitely the same, but there was a slight variation of the yellow color on the sub that was included in that set, when compared to the standard release.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.