News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Zombie T-Rex "Cannibal Corpse"

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, September 08, 2023, 06:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ordered the green version, the blood and decay stand out more on it and it has a bit more fun head canon with the Spino killed JP3 Rex.

Zombie props still sell well though much like clowns there is a bit of saturation marketwise. People are starting to want the classic monsters again at least in that market.  A Franken-Rex would be pretty cool and less gory lol

This does have the distinction of being one of the few zombie dino models every made and might make a decent Rex corpse if one wanted one.

Over9K

$15 more than their last large theropod figure. That stings a little...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 20, 2024, 03:21:21 AM$15 more than their last large theropod figure. That stings a little...

making up for the dire wolf i guess?

Carnoking

Reminds me of something out of Primal's "Plague of Madness" episode. Not something I'll be getting for my shelves but it's a commendable sculpt given all the gore and rot details.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 20, 2024, 05:59:18 AM
Quote from: Over9K on January 20, 2024, 03:21:21 AM$15 more than their last large theropod figure. That stings a little...

Zombie T-Rex has 3 times more paint apps than average REBOR figures, bacially the factory needs to make a fully painted T-Rex first then hand paint over 100 wounds and rots one by one with numerous shades of flesh, bone and organ colours, then finally apply 5 types of blood colours to wounds with different depths, shapes and sizes again one by one, each copy takes hours to finish.

Just because we are being generous by selling our figues cheap doesn't mean they are supposed to be cheap.

Plus they come with accessories.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 20, 2024, 06:35:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 20, 2024, 05:59:18 AM

Zombie T-Rex has 3 times more paint apps than average REBOR figures, bacially the factory needs to make a fully painted T-Rex first then hand paint over 100 wounds and rots one by one with numerous shades of flesh, bone and organ colours, then finally apply 5 types of blood colours to wounds with different depths, shapes and sizes again one by one, each copy takes hours to finish.

Just because we are being generous by selling our figues cheap doesn't mean they are supposed cheap.

Plus they come with accessories.

So it's paint apps that raised the costs. Perfectly understandable.

Faelrin

Honestly I kind of figured that was the case, but I'm glad Rebor clarified things just in case there may have been another reason.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on January 20, 2024, 08:49:50 PMHonestly I kind of figured that was the case, but I'm glad Rebor clarified things just in case there may have been another reason.

Right.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.