News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR Sarcosuchus imperator 'Lica' w/ Nigersaurus taqueti prey

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2023, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

As we near the delivery of Meta The Deinosuchus, REBOR updates her sister, Lica the Sarcosuchus imperator, which is slated to include an infant Nigersaurus taqueti corpse as a bonus prey item.

andrewsaurus rex

Poor little Nigersaurus, barely got a chance at life.  :(

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh wow, this looks like straight out of Path of Titans (Videogame) :D A good thing in this case.

Carnoking

Still really only care about the Nigersaurus carcass  >:D

Pliosaurking

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2023, 03:40:32 PMStill really only care about the Nigersaurus carcass  >:D

Still hoping for an alive adult Nigersaurus... ::)
Miss the days when Rebor did dioramas with their figures. Could've had something neat with (alive) Appalachiosaurus & Nigersaurus with Deinosuchus & Sarcosuchus respectively.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on January 06, 2023, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2023, 03:40:32 PMStill really only care about the Nigersaurus carcass  >:D

Still hoping for an alive adult Nigersaurus... ::)
Miss the days when Rebor did dioramas with their figures. Could've had something neat with (alive) Appalachiosaurus & Nigersaurus with Deinosuchus & Sarcosuchus respectively.

For a few bucks more I would have paid for a living one of each to be included. Would have made a good scene too, one getting eaten he other escaping.

SenSx

That Sarcosuchus looks so promissing, I alwready love the Safari one but I might not resist getting it.
Same size as the Deinosuchus I suppose ?

And actually it might be more accurate than its Safari couterpart that has a too small head and too short snout.

GojiraGuy1954

Very excited to see the paint variants of this, especially after getting my Meta
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

Save for the extra clawed digits, looking good!

Glad the Sarcosuchus's reveal is close enough to the Deinosuchus so that I can make an informed decision on which versions to get respectively.

Lynx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 10, 2023, 11:31:50 PMSave for the extra clawed digits, looking good!

Glad the Sarcosuchus's reveal is close enough to the Deinosuchus so that I can make an informed decision on which versions to get respectively.

I think the extra claw digit makes more sense in Sarcosuchus's case? Might be wrong though
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on April 10, 2023, 11:33:12 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 10, 2023, 11:31:50 PMSave for the extra clawed digits, looking good!

I think the extra claw digit makes more sense in Sarcosuchus's case? Might be wrong though

I'd like to learn your reasoning for that thinking.

Lynx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 11, 2023, 12:01:22 AM

According to another person, a pseudosuchian had evidence of having 5 claws. Apparently Sarco was closer to this group than Deinosuchus. Of course, I am no expert and wouldn't mind someone fact-checking this.
An oversized house cat.

Pliosaurking

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2023, 12:29:31 AM

According to another person, a pseudosuchian had evidence of having 5 claws. Apparently Sarco was closer to this group than Deinosuchus. Of course, I am no expert and wouldn't mind someone fact-checking this.

"Closer" sure, but still leagues away from Rauisuchians. Pseudosuchia comprises so many croc-relatives that it isn't very helpful to directly infer anatomy from one separate clade to the next, like you'd be comparing anatomy from Phytosaurs, Aetosaurs, Ornithosuchids, Rauisuchians with Crocodylomorpha proper. Even THEN, Crocodylomorpha comprises of many different families with wildly diverse anatomy and lifestyle; anything from the sea-going Metryorhynchids to the herbivorous Simosuchus.

Sarcosuchus is comfortably nested within Neosuchia, the clade that includes extant crocodilians and of course Deinosuchus. I don't recall any Neosuchian having retained clawed digits on IV and V? Regardless, Rebor's justification for including them are highly flawed and not based on reality.

Lynx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 11, 2023, 01:11:06 AM
Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2023, 12:29:31 AM

"Closer" sure, but still leagues away from Rauisuchians. Pseudosuchia comprises so many croc-relatives that it isn't very helpful to directly infer anatomy from one separate clade to the next, like you'd be comparing anatomy from Phytosaurs, Aetosaurs, Ornithosuchids, Rauisuchians with Crocodylomorpha proper. Even THEN, Crocodylomorpha comprises of many different families with wildly diverse anatomy and lifestyle; anything from the sea-going Metryorhynchids to the herbivorous Simosuchus.

Sarcosuchus is comfortably nested within Neosuchia, the clade that includes extant crocodilians and of course Deinosuchus. I don't recall any Neosuchian having retained clawed digits on IV and V? Regardless, Rebor's justification for including them are highly flawed and not based on reality.

Thank you for the info, Flaffy! That's interesting to know
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

Man between this (+ Nigersaurus corpse), and/or Safari Ltd's version, the new Haolonggood Ouranosaurus, and PNSO Suchomimus, the Elrhaz formation finally has a lot more options on the table.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: