News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR Diorama BASES Summer Kisses and Winter Tears (2022)

Started by Duna, August 27, 2022, 09:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

I think this article deserves a thread on its own. You can get 2 LARGE diorama bases (20 x 12 cm) for less than 40€.

Here is the wonderful review (as always) from D @DinosDragons :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZTti2cbqAk

I've purchased them to display large figures than don't fit in my cabinet (I don't use bases inside). My idea is to use one for Kiss, the tyrannosaurus and the other for the Eofauna diplodocus.

Here are some photos I found on Facebook:

Post here your dioramas with them!

ceratopsian

You did very well on that price, avatar_Duna @Duna.  I thought they might be very useful but the cheapest I've seen is around £53 (free shipping) - to which I would need to add 20% import VAT.

Faelrin

I have these pre-ordered on BBTS (still waiting for their shipment to come in. Been like a week since I was notified they were coming) . Even if folks might not like Rebor's past behavioral record (which is understandable tbh), or even their dinosaurs, they've always made lovely bases, and some of the best out there period.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sturisoma

Just saw the review. It's a shame we should expect paint chips on these beautiful bases because of how they are packaged. I really like the Summer Kisses base. So lively. So life-finds-a-way  :D

Duna

I received yesterday the bases I ordered in https://modellpferdeversand.de I also bought a PNSO figure. Very quick shipment. :)

In my case the bases are chipped too as it was shown in some other reviews. It's a pity because the bases are well protected in the foam, but a bit loose, maybe they could put them in plastic bags so they won't friction the foam.
I collected all the chips that were inside the foam and there is a small green chip that doesn't belong to my summer base, so there is probably another base with that part missing.  :D
For me it's not a problem to repair the missing colours but be warned just the case.

The bases are very good, the texture is super natural, not soft, and any figure you put on it lights up. I wanted one for the Eofauna diplodocus, as it's a small but a very long figure, it has to be displayed on a shelf, and this base makes it look incredible. I found about 4 different positions for it (in fact the one I chose I hadn't taken a photo but you can get an idea).

Here is Kiss in front of the trunk, Summer base  (this is the one I've choosen):

Same in the Winter base:

And behind the trunk, Summer base. This is probably the most safe (anti fall) position:

SidB

Yes, the base definitely works for those two stellar figures. Appropriate quality.

ceratopsian

Very successful for the Eofauna Diplodocus. It sets it off to perfection.

Bread

Maybe it is just me, but I hate the fact that I have to have 2 of these. I'd rather pay half the price just to get the summer/green base. They look great though!

Abobo

wonderful bases, I receive them normally tomorrow.

postsaurischian

Halichoeres

Those are nice bases. They seem pretty versatile, but I wonder how stable a biped is on one of them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Halichoeres

I wonder if Rebor could ever be talked into doing one of these with some specific Mesozoic plants.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 03, 2022, 05:33:38 PMThose are nice bases. They seem pretty versatile, but I wonder how stable a biped is on one of them.
Apparently for their Rebor's Kiss/Tusk, the tree is used to hold the figure as a support rod.

With PNSO stopping their beautiful museum line bases, I hope Rebor continues with theirs.

postsaurischian

SidB

Anybody who wants these bases should make a point of ordering them to provide an incentive for further production. Yes, there is no superabundance of bases at the present time.

postsaurischian

I might have already mentioned that my REBOR bases have arrived in perfect condition, no chipping, no broken pieces, no paint defects.
 So not every set of the first wave is damaged. But I can understand people hesitating to buy them until further deliveries.
 Obviously something bad happened during the first shipment from China (different members sent pics of damaged bases).

Sturisoma

Rebor said this is a limited one time run only. I would welcome another base design, and hopefully with better packaging. I could do away with the 2-in-1 packaging if it will be safer for the base.

SRF

I've received my bases and mine had some small spots with chipped paint, so I had some touching up to do. However I am impressed with these based, very nice work from Rebor.
But today, I'm just being father

SRF

Something I'm just curious about: for those who have both Kiss and Tusk and these bases, what model do you prefer to display on which base? I myself tend to switch them from time to time.  ::)
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: