News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

“Primal” Coming to Adult Swim

Started by suspsy, May 14, 2019, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

This is the first of Genndy's projects I simply can't endure anymore and I endured a lot of his stuff due to being a massive fan of his style ; the braindead twerk scene in Sym-Bionic Titan, Hotel Transylvania 1 and 2 and that ridiculous Samurai Jack ending.

Yet after the sauropod massacre I felt numb inside and that's saying a lot given this is just a cartoon and gore is highly stylized. But there is something so disgusting to me about seeing animals trampling each others rib cages. The extreme violence in this series is overshadowing the plot and it's almost as if the stories are crafted around how much we can rip dinosaurs apart.
A shame because I still love the cinematography, colors and character designs a lot, but I can't deal with the slaughter anymore. Even the very good mammoth episode was crazy stabbing the poor things eyes and getting that blood fountain.

Plus that caveman is getting on my nerves quite a bit with his superpowers ::)

Dean Nonychus

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

Takama

Episode 6 is now online.

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/primal/scent-of-prey

Expires on December  8th

ITdactyl

Ep. 6 was awesome. My only gripe is that (given the gruesome nature of her injuries), Fang's recovery seems too swift.
Those creepy hunting dogs though... whoooo!

It's also a pleasant surprise that the sauropod-centric April Fools episode ended up being the 7th episode of the series.  I've heard people say that episode might be non-canon (since it's an april fools release) or that it might have been an adventure the pair took before Fang's injuries.  Now it seems to me that it was released early to give fans hope, after the brutal ending of episode 5 (at least that's how I see it).

I love this series. So flawed yet so enjoyable.

ITdactyl

In case you want to watch the pitch for the 7th episode: "Plague of Madness", here's the link.

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/primal/episode-pitch-plague-of-madness?fbclid=IwAR1zUJPvYjU68FPIu09PZ5uK8dkZpru0Fof9NT6O1zdLXoMHvNFchOGUN2s

I wonder if that's David Krentz doing the voiceover.... this kinda reminds me of his "Dinosaur Revolution" storyboards.
PS. aside from the voiceover, this features a sketch/line-art version of the same frames of episode 7, so if the violence and gore turned you off, this might have the same effect.

SpartanSquat

Fembrogon

It's about time. I was late to join the party in watching the first season, but I took a liking to it and I look forward to how this prehistoric world will continue to expand.

SpartanSquat

I hope Krentz will be back for season 2! He did the last episode an added some strange obscure creatures like tapejara, liopleurodon, kulindadromeus and cut species like ankylosaurus or chalicotherium.
I hope for season 2 we will see more prehistoric fellas along with an ancient advanced civilization like conan books or 10,000 bc

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.