News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Prints by Christopher Chavez

Started by Takama, January 25, 2024, 08:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Hi everyone.    I was not sure where to put this topic. Its another one of my collection threads, that i will list in my signature eventually.

This time its for the 3D prints of Christopher Chavez.  Which I have assembled myself thinking I would like a monochrome collection, until i sent them to Art by Anz for a total makeover.

The following are the first prints i got from him in the monochrome state, before sending then off.

Since im now stuck using a mobile device, (and fighting ads is  PITA while trying to host images on such device)

I will need upload one print at a time. 

First off is Allosaurus fagillus

With this model he included a Skull replica of the Animal

Takama

After haveing my models for a while, i decided to have them, finished by Art by Anz

Since i oreviewd the Allosaurus, i will save him for last

BUT for now, i will show off the 1:35 Heterodontosaurus tucki.

About the Human for Comparison, he was painted as a homage to the CollectA human that came with their Deluxe figures.

For the Heterodontosaurus itself, his colors came from one idea. "A Cappybara crossed with a pocupine"

The result is as shown, with the base custom made by Anz

SenSx

This is Paleokris ?

I intent to pass an order from hom.
Does the mouth of the Allosaurus fully close ?

Takama

Quote from: SenSx on March 10, 2024, 09:18:57 AMThis is Paleokris ?

I intent to pass an order from hom.
Does the mouth of the Allosaurus fully close ?

Yes these are from the same guy

As for the Allosaurus, his jaw does not close compltely, however, it does articulate rather smoothly (plus i believe He is always updateing his models so a newer copy may shut completly, or you can simply ask him to have it fixed)

Halichoeres

That's an amazing paint job for such a tiny print.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Next up. Its my favorite Dinosaur

Dilophosaurus

This was a must have for me when i first saw it in one of his videos on Instagram.  The colors were sort of Winged on this one

As you can see, the defualt base is just a pedastal, but Anz managed to turn it into a Rocky outcrop. 

Another thing about this model, is that it had an articulated jaw, but if you pull it downwards too far. It will become detached.   Chistopher warned me about this ahead of time, but in the end, I decided to have Anz fix it in place.

Hope you enjoy 🙂

Takama

Now for the incresingly popular Stegorous.

If im not mistaken, this is the same skulpt that he created for Paleozoo (or is it Dinozoo? All I know is it was some short lived resin model brand that originated from Chile and their first model was a Kaatedocus)

The model colors were originally going to be inspired by this painting here by Christopher Diapazzia

But I decided to turn the yellow to green, and make all the Scutes look danger Red

Takama

Now for my Allosaurus all Finished up

As you can see. I had her. Deck the base out to resemble Dried Cracked Earth.

Out of all of them. This is by far my favorite.

Bread

These are fantastic Takama!

I love the Dilophosaurus especially.

Concavenator

Are these particularly fragile? I'm considering ordering some of the small figures, like the Buitreraptor, Eoraptor and Stegouros.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2024, 07:33:31 PMAre these particularly fragile? I'm considering ordering some of the small figures, like the Buitreraptor, Eoraptor and Stegouros.

Essentially all paleoartists or paleoart studios that create 3D printed models use resin printers now because of the much more crisp and detailed surface textures that you can get with resin. And resin definitely is brittle and fragile. I have no hands on experience with the prints from Paleokhris yet (my first order with three models is on the way actually), but have experience (including really bad transport damage) with other printing studios. So if the printed parts are not packed exceptionally well or if you drop them from the shelf or table, thin structures like spikes on a stegosaur, horns on a ceratopsian or tails and necks of sauropods can break quite easily. This can be glued together with superglue but in case the model is already painted this is not easy to do in such a way that you are able to completely cover the glued fracture. Smaller models and unassembled parts of larger models are generally at lower risk of transport damage than larger assembled models. I have been told that Paleokhris is now using one of the newest generation ABS resins which are much less fragile than the older standard resins. A person that has received quite a number of models from Paleokhris told me that Paleokhris would pack the models really well and ever since he uses the ABS resin not a single case of transport damage would have happened.

Concavenator

T @thomasw100 Thank you for the info! Resin may allow crisper detail, but I still prefer PVC for affordability/durability (and in recent times the detail on PVC figures is getting increasingly crisper). Still, I might go for Chávez's figures of those genera because I have a hard time picturing someone making 1:35 figures of them.  :P

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2024, 07:33:31 PMAre these particularly fragile? I'm considering ordering some of the small figures, like the Buitreraptor, Eoraptor and Stegouros.

The Stegouroes is pretty solid for how small it is,

However I advise caution when hadleing the smaller models on the Skinnier side

He Does pack them well, but when I sent them myself to Anz theirs one model i have yet to show

A 1:35 Microraptor.  Yes you heard that right.

The sculpt survived the trip from his country to the USA, but somehow i messed it up when sending it to Anz.  So I ordered another one.  Which came recently with my last bacth well wraped.  And seems to be made of a slightly harder resin.

About the resin he prints with.

The Larger models are Hollow, and almost light

My recent batch includes (note that most are not in his gallery yet)

Talururus
Ouranosaurus
Caudiptyryx
Mei long (very tiny model)
And that Extra Microraptor

I will update with photos when I get these finished

Concavenator

Gosh, a 1:35 Microraptor!!  ;D Dang, what size is that figure? Did Christopher Chávez also make that one?

Looking forward to seeing pics!

Thank you for the info about his models, too. I barely handle my figures at all, so hopefully they will be fine if I end up getting them.

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on April 25, 2024, 05:03:24 PMGosh, a 1:35 Microraptor!!  ;D Dang, what size is that figure? Did Christopher Chávez also make that one?

Looking forward to seeing pics!

Thank you for the info about his models, too. I barely handle my figures at all, so hopefully they will be fine if I end up getting them.

Yes it was sculpted by him.

Here is the first one before i sent it to Anz.

Next to the human, and Rideing a Ball Point Pen.

As for what happend to it, as you can see it stands on its own, but when i sent it to Anz, a tiny claw broke off during transit, makeing it a Tripod.

Concavenator

That is so cool!!  ;D Extremely tempted to replace Safari's version with that little guy, Safari's takes up a lot of room...

That Microraptor looks like it won't be easy to paint, though.  :P

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.