News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Thank you avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono

Behold, the Zukiq, the sworn arch-nemesis of humanity!:

A Zukiq on their home planet, during the early days of the Dominant Culture, after the Prehistoric war against the Monarchs.

Zukiqs evolved from quadruped grazers that moved to the mountains.
Living in the mountains, they went through a "wyvern" stage and thence became aerial flyers.

They have a complex language, filled with vibrations, tones, and clicks from anthrodentae spines.
Since they are born pretty well versed for life due to their incubation processes, so they can integrate in society earlier than humans. As a result, their government is strongly egalitarian, democratic, and collective(which is also due to the victory of the egalitarian tribals against early monarchs). Their government has been described as a lottocratic bureaucracy where the positions of power are switched between Zukiqs.

Originally i based these partially on the Qu. But overtime the culture and society of them has been so developed so differently from Koseman aliens. I also posed it to remind of the Qu. They can also assume quadruped position like other aliens of the planet.

Stegotyranno420

I want to thank avatar_Perotorum @Perotorum for his kindness and his remembrance of my birthday.
He made this awesome dacentrurus i plan to print and animate at some point.
So far, I made some edits and colours here.

Also, hopefully work will resume on the supersaurus.
should have been done a year ago, but 😅😅😅

Seriously Perotorum
You have truly brightened my day for your notion of caring. Thanks so much, blessed to have you

Perotorum

That looks amazing, what brush did you use? Also I may have to print another dacentrurus and give it that paint scheme, I cannot wait to see what you can do with another of my models.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Perotorum on July 21, 2024, 04:37:40 AMThat looks amazing, what brush did you use? Also I may have to print another dacentrurus and give it that paint scheme, I cannot wait to see what you can do with another of my models.
The dacentrurus is currently now at the top of my list for printing reservations. I did try to get your brontotherium done too, but did not have enough time as exams came in the way.
I might just get my own printer, since asking my teacher for her printer can appear a bit cumbersome and tedious, and I do not like to bother people like that. Besides I wont even be in her class anymore  ;D  ;D  ;D

I have so many models I want to print but only got one so far.

It will be cool to do collabs; I make the colours/painting, you sculpt and print, and then paint it like the original concept. Kind of like how Beast of Mesozoic operates.  ^-^

By brush, I am assuming you mean the sculpting?

Stegotyranno420

For something different:
I have been very worried and conscious about style. I see so many artists and styles, and they all seem to be far more complete. So to test out my range of styles, I decided to do portraits of my favorite dinosaur, Spinosaurus. I did want to achieve better or more diverse things, but I did not have enough time, and this is fitting as July is "Spinosaurus month".

First, an "awesome bro" "metal" "gnarly" style:
IMG_20240730_150949_936.jpg

aiming for a professional, scientific analytical style

Natural, capturing life, documentary realistic style:

Analytical traditionalist "non digital" style:

I strive to reach the hyperrealistic look I promised my younger self(s) when I become 17, but I feel like I have not achieved it yet.
Please, let me know what you think, I trye to set up a poll but I couldn't.

I will try to dedicate next school year to non dinosaurs and aquatics.

Perotorum

The final one brings to mind animalier styles of the 19th century, which I strongly reccomend studying up on if your goal is photorealism, as the Russian movement, Peredvizhniki and contemporaries like Ferdinand Von Wright or the earlier George Stubbs were among the greatest visual artists in human history.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Perotorum on August 02, 2024, 05:27:51 AMThe final one brings to mind animalier styles of the 19th century, which I strongly reccomend studying up on if your goal is photorealism, as the Russian movement, Peredvizhniki and contemporaries like Ferdinand Von Wright or the earlier George Stubbs were among the greatest visual artists in human history.
Interesting, most have said that the middle two were most hyperrealistic. If you can, could you explain more in depth in terms of texture+lighting on why you think so, you seem more educated than me on the topic of traditionalist painting. I will be glad to hear your further advice.

Also I got the Spinosaurus poll up and running!

Finally, I have been getting some EXTREMELY degenerate and vulgar adverts when I open the post image links of certain paintings. I find this more bizarre as most paintings have normal adverts, but only a certain select group of works lead to vulgar site pages when clicked on. I dont expect anyone to know how to fix this, but just thought I'd drop it as a warning

Perotorum

The last one had a background and style that reminded me of "Whistlejacket" by George Stubbs.

I myself am not too familiar with the technique, but in my own ventures with photography, Von Wright's ability to capture animal behavior has served as a bit of an inspiration, I reccomend studying and observing those movements in art history to get an idea on what to inprint off of.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_von_Wright

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.