News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Spectacular Spinosaurids!

Started by Rexy, July 23, 2021, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

Show us your spectacular Spinosaurids!

Jurassic World Extreme Chompin' Spinosaurus, Jurassic World Roarivores Baryonyx (blue), Jurassic World Sound Strike Baryonyx (green), CollectA Irritator, CollectA Ichthyovenator. Would love to add the Jurassic World Action Attack Suchomimus and the Jurassic World Sound Strike Irritator to this group, but I haven't yet been able to find them in any of my local stores.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Halichoeres

Some of these I bought just for the fish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , clearly these are 'longsuffering' fish. A former supervisor once said of a particularly unpleasant trial, "It's a good experience and builds character." I'm not sure that this would apply to your fish. Might contribute to building bulk in the other side of the equation, though.

GojiraGuy1954

100% gonna get that Dino Hazard Irritator when it comes to ED (Unless it's out of my price range ofc)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

All these spinosaurs are spectacular, perhaps the least interesting and that which was a figure that struck me at the time is the ichthyovenator from Collecta. Cast of Magnificent Figures, Thank you for sharing that beautiful photo credit.

Fembrogon

My collection currently free of storage: Mattel Camp Cretaceous Spinosaurus, Yvy Figures Irritator, Safari 2021 Spinosaurus and Baryonyx, and PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus.

PhilSauria

Great photo, thanks for posting. Didn't realise that the Safari Ltd Spinosaurus was even smaller than the PNSO.

suspsy

Quote from: PhilSauria on September 02, 2021, 10:59:06 PM
Great photo, thanks for posting. Didn't realise that the Safari Ltd Spinosaurus was even smaller than the PNSO.

Yeah, it's tiny. Brittle too. Mine fell off the arm of the living room couch and the tip of the upper snout broke right off despite the fact that it landed on carpet! Took forever to find the damn thing. It's glued back again, but I'm super careful with that toy now. >:(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on September 01, 2021, 03:17:38 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , clearly these are 'longsuffering' fish. A former supervisor once said of a particularly unpleasant trial, "It's a good experience and builds character." I'm not sure that this would apply to your fish. Might contribute to building bulk in the other side of the equation, though.

Especially if you're swallowing them whole, bones and all...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Lynx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2021, 03:04:01 PM

Some of these I bought just for the fish.
Whats the last figure in these pictures?
An oversized house cat.

ITdactyl

avatar_Lynx @Lynx , Dinostoreus' Hunting Spinosaurus
http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/06/19/spinosaurus-hunting-desktop-model-by-dinostoreus/

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , thanks for sharing this photomontage. I must be browsing this forum wrong, 'still can't figure out how some posts don't show up in my "recent posts" search.  Back on topic, DinoHazard's Irritator may win the medal for realism, but CollectA's Ichthyovenator has character in spades.

Halichoeres

avatar_Lynx @Lynx avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl is correct, sorry for the late reply! It's distributed by Dinostoreus and manufactured by Favorite Co. Last time I checked you could still order it. Naturally, I got it for the gar.

As for the Ichthyovenator, it definitely has character, with its wide gauge stance, its spiky embellishments, and its frustratingly ambiguous prey fish...

Kapitaenosavrvs

Here are my Spinosaurs. They are separated from the normal Figures and are in my Diorama / Figures with custom Bases Shelv.

(Yes, the big Base is rised with 4 old Egg cups. I have no other use for them.)

Shonisaurus

Nice photographs. My congratulations, that Dino Hazard irritator is bigger than I expected. He is a highly sought-after figure by collectors! He is a considerable size, he is next to Papo's limited version spinosaurus (another masterpiece) which is huge and honestly competes in size with that spinosaurid.

Fembrogon

Hmm, do I have enough Spinosaurus toys yet?  ;)

Pictured are the Collecta Deluxe, Papo standard and limited edition, Schleich 2019, PNSO 2020, Safari 2019 and 2021, and Mattel 2021 repaint.
The PNSO might be my favorite, with an honorable mention to the Mattel representing the movie monster version. The LE Papo is growing on me, though.

suspsy

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 20, 2021, 04:34:35 PM

Hmm, do I have enough Spinosaurus toys yet?  ;)

Pictured are the Collecta Deluxe, Papo standard and limited edition, Schleich 2019, PNSO 2020, Safari 2019 and 2021, and Mattel 2021 repaint.
The PNSO might be my favorite, with an honorable mention to the Mattel representing the movie monster version. The LE Papo is growing on me, though.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, any chance you could review the Safari 2021 version when you have the time?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fembrogon

Man, nobody wants to claim that one, huh?  :)) I'll consider doing it sometime soon.

Dinoxels

I might make that figure my first review then...don't know much about the process though.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Fembrogon

Well, apart from the basic rules listed on the main site, I'd recommend studying some of the reviews themselves and get a hang of how different reviewers approach the subject, and what points are most frequently addressed. That's pretty much how I got started.

I must say, as much as I like Spinosaurus, with the surplus of figures we've received now it might take some convincing for me to buy anymore. We need a really stand-out, unique figure from somebody. Methinks the Mesozoic Life figure won't be happening for a while, and I'm on the fence about the new Collecta figure right now. I wonder who'll try tackling the big spiny boi next?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.