News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Neat looking plants for bases/dioramas

Started by paintingdinos, June 05, 2022, 03:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintingdinos

One of the 3D printers I've ordered from has these for sale. Never seen them before but they look really cool, and I figured some people here might find them useful filler for bases and dioramas. I haven't ordered them yet so I can't speak to the quality, but I'm thinking about picking a few up to play around with  :)

https://www.gamersgrass.com/product-category/laser-plants/
https://www.gamersgrass.com/laser-plants/

Here's a video of them being used:

SidB

Thanks for forwarding this - it's always good to get new ideas for vegetation/ flora.

stargatedalek

These look very nice, are they laser cut plastic or are they cardboard/paper?

paintingdinos

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 05, 2022, 05:36:21 AMThese look very nice, are they laser cut plastic or are they cardboard/paper?

I couldn't find the answer on their site, but I looked up reviews elsewhere online and they confirmed them as plastic.

Halichoeres

These are really nice-looking, a lot of good flora for a Neogene or Pleistocene display. I wonder if they could be talked into making something a little more ancient like a Matonidium fern...might have to send them an email.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Over9K

Well shoot... gonna hafta order me up summa these!

paintingdinos

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 22, 2022, 05:15:47 AMThese are really nice-looking, a lot of good flora for a Neogene or Pleistocene display. I wonder if they could be talked into making something a little more ancient like a Matonidium fern...might have to send them an email.

That'd be interesting. I wonder if there are also 3D modelers who'd be willing to take on something like that. Most are hobbyists too, possibly easier to convince  :D
Otherwise I'm certain there are ones who would take commissions for it.

I ordered the coral used in the mosasaur base from these guys:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MadMaxMiniature?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1000248346&section_id=34340834]MadMaxMinatures

While I'm on the subject, here are some other 3d printed bases or accessories I've considered in the past, possibly useful to people here:

-Forest Base
-Assorted desert bits
-Just some ferns
-Assorted forest plants
Oh boy more ferns!
-A different forest base

There are SO printed many cool options on places like etsy.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.