News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Best Figure

Started by Lynx, July 19, 2022, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc_4130

Quote from: Lynx on October 12, 2022, 02:53:59 PMIt may very well be that expectations are higher with more popular species. Ex. if someone released a Pinacosaurus that was meh quality, I doubt people would go as hard on it than say a Ceratosaurus or Tyrannosaurus.

True, but I've seen it stated a number of times for both PNSO and Eofauna that their best dinosaurs are the herbivores.

Mellow Stego

Oh I forgot about PNSO's Ankylosaurus and Dunkleosteus! Can't go wrong with those two.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Duna

Quote from: Mellow Stego on October 13, 2022, 07:36:37 PMOh I forgot about PNSO's Ankylosaurus and Dunkleosteus! Can't go wrong with those two.
Agree. PNSO's ankylosaurus, dunkleosteus, parasaurolophus and now, deinocheirus are probably among the best figures.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's hard to narrow it down to just one, but I would say the Carnegie Miragaia.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lynx on October 12, 2022, 02:53:59 PMIt may very well be that expectations are higher with more popular species. Ex. if someone released a Pinacosaurus that was meh quality, I doubt people would go as hard on it than say a Ceratosaurus or Tyrannosaurus.

Ding ding ding! Plenty of PNSO's non-theropods have significant problems. The Helicoprion is missing parts of its jaw, the Dunkleosteus is too serpentine and has misplaced gills, the Tsintaosaurus has a too-small head, the Atopodentatus has a too-large head. Same is true for GR Toys' Dicraeosaurus, for example. But while people have pointed those things out, they don't give rise to the endless and tedious debates that a Tyrannosaurus or Giganotosaurus inevitably does. People who are fans of these less frequently made animals are generally going to be happy to get something good even if it isn't perfect. For example, the Dicraeosaurus was the first serious figure of that genus in almost 50 years. But theropod fans have the luxury of choice and can reject a figure over trivial details because there will soon be half a dozen more versions. I have another theory that theropod fans are just more disputatious on average, but that's less developed so I'll save it for another day.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.