News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Experimental Kronosaurus Pool Toy

Started by KronoGarrett, July 13, 2021, 08:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KronoGarrett

A few months back, I had one of my inflatable toy designs produced.  For obvious reasons, it had to be a pliosaur.  Unlike stuffed toys, polymer manufacturing is completely out of my wheelhouse so I had this made by a firm in China.  This pool toy decorative item is about four meters long.

There's structural flaw in the design (specifically, how the floor was constructed) as built, so it will need revision before any more are made.  Plus the nostrils got lost somewhere between the manufacturer's 3D renderings and the template printing.  These will never be a mass-production item, that takes resources well beyond what I can muster.

(Why is it a decorative item?  It hasn't been safety tested.)

DinoToyForum

That looks awesome. I can see myself paddling around in one! ;D

Lanthanotus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's the best 'pool toy'. Brilliant
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KronoGarrett

I thought that using a raft body would make it a little more unusual.  The tubes ended up a bit too wide for the sake of decent head and neck proportions, though...perhaps I should have gone with a plesiosaur.

Eventually there will be a more conventional pliosaur, plesiosaur, mosasaur, and ichthyosaur toys although odds are that I'll get distracted by another set of ideas.

Creature

Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

KronoGarrett

The hull is 8'10" (2.69m) long x 5'6" (1.68m) wide x 2'6" (0.76m) high on its own.

I made a 6.5m version just to see what the limits were...really impressive but not really all that practical, and the added structural stress made the design flaw in the floor apparent.

Bokisaurus

Oh myyyy, that is just amazing and fabulous!
What a great way to enjoy the hobby and the swimming pool!

Creature

A float toy that size deserves at least one good trip to a lake or the beach as well.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

indohyus

That does look pretty cool. I'd buy one if it was mass produced.

Roselaar

Duna

I wouldn't have imagined such cool thing to be made!

BlueKrono

I think it goes without saying, but I want one! Put me on the list, haha... Did you try getting up and riding in it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

KronoGarrett

I did.

One problem I've discovered is that the material is a bit too thin...it's great for fursuiting photoshoots in the living room, but one of the testers was worried about putting their foot through it when they took it to the beach.

Faelrin

Bruh I've already reported three of these scam bots that keep targeting this thread in particular. Maybe it should be locked for the meantime so they can bugger off (and if/until KronoGarrett returns)?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Are we sure thats a bot lol? Seems very specific. Regardless I ain't tapping on that hyperlink.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Libraraptor

I don't see any necessity to delete this post. It is leading to a homepage offering inflatable toys including dinosaurs.

DinoToyForum

It was definitely spam in violation of Forum Rule 2. I have banned and deleted this person (or bot) three times now. I'll ban and delete them each time they try to rejoin and spam post under another name. Don't click their links.  C:-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.